Normal wait once built?

SJR88

Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask how long people usually wait once their car is built? I rang up Monday 17th March and the car had been waiting 4 days to go on the ship (Emden to Grimsby) - a week later the car is still sitting up and apparently it could be next week before it even goes on the ship, although initially I was told it usually will only wait up to 10 days once built

Thanks, I'd appreciate any replies.

Ste

Just thought I'd ask how long people usually wait once their car is built? I rang up Monday 17th March and the car had been waiting 4 days to go on the ship (Emden to Grimsby) - a week later the car is still sitting up and apparently it could be next week before it even goes on the ship, although initially I was told it usually will only wait up to 10 days once built

Thanks, I'd appreciate any replies.

Ste
Hi Ste,

Welcome to the forum, Look at BW10,11,12 thread, mine was sitting at Emden for a whole week before it got on ferry bound for Grimsby. Still waiting for it to be transported to dealers...
What are you waiting for??

It seems that Grimsby is a lot busier than Sheerness as mine went through the whole process really quickly - considering I had to wait 9 months for my previous 2011 Black Edition.

Hi thanks Andy. I'm waiting on an SE Sportback Monsoon Grey, 17" alloys, privacy glass, reverse camera (with parking plus), aluminium window trims. Yours will look good, I love the Daytona Grey, would have liked an S Line but I suppose it's an upgrade all together from a Golf so I can live with that!

Hi thanks Andy. I'm waiting on an SE Sportback Monsoon Grey, 17" alloys, privacy glass, reverse camera (with parking plus), aluminium window trims. Yours will look good, I love the Daytona Grey, would have liked an S Line but I suppose it's an upgrade all together from a Golf so I can live with that!
Another defector from VW Golf, me too.
Nice spec, Sue the wait will be worth it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies so far. I think when you know a date it's not too bad, I was just expecting it this weekend due to the dealer saying so!

I called in my dealers this morning to give them my PP Retention Certificate and they checked the current position with my new 8V and it's at Emden waiting for transport to Grimsby.

Also mention has been made in another thread of proof of insurance no longer being required to register a new car and they confirmed that it is still required hence the 7-day complimentary insurance from Audi so there is no hold-up.

Mines as far as I know is still sitting at the dock. Which one I'm not sure but salesman is hopefully I should have it for next Monday. I called the insurance today and also did my finance docs for them last night. Looking forward to it and first time with a pp on a car too.

Also mention has been made in another thread of proof of insurance no longer being required to register a new car and they confirmed that it is still required hence the 7-day complimentary insurance from Audi so there is no hold-up.

Insurance would be needed for the Road Fund Licence.