Order now or wait for MY15?

Nerdy Norm

Reaction score
Morning all, first post so be gentle :)

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-tronic Quattro (181PS) Ambition (similar to UK "Sport"), and the dealer is quoting June delivery. I'm assuming that this will make it an MY14 car, so my question is should I delay ordering a couple of weeks to get an MY15 car instead?

Are the differences known yet? I appreciate that mostly you guys are in the UK, so specs will be different anyway, but any info gratefully received!

As its this close, I personally would wait.
Anything built from BW22 onwards would be MY15.

But your personal circumstances would dictate your choice!

PS Welcome!

Thanks V, I'm also leaning towards that conclusion. However, since it'll mean a delay of around 2 or 3 months (I'm guessing Aug/Sep delivery instead of June), it would be useful to know if there will be any real differences between MYs.

I know about the rumoured TPMS being made standard, but that's not a big deal (I've already specified it anyway), but did anyone hear about anything else?

Unless you are buying a car from stock which is unlikely then as lead times are typically at least 4 months then anytihng you order now will come as MY15 build.

in actual fact you are better ordering now as an upgrades to standard spec you might actually get FoC as last year I ended up with DAB free as become standard spec in MY14 instead of an optinola extra

Morning all, first post so be gentle :)

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-tronic Quattro (181PS) Ambition (similar to UK "Sport"), and the dealer is quoting June delivery. I'm assuming that this will make it an MY14 car, so my question is should I delay ordering a couple of weeks to get an MY15 car instead?

Are the differences known yet? I appreciate that mostly you guys are in the UK, so specs will be different anyway, but any info gratefully received!

Welcome, I would wait to gain any changes that are brought in. However it would be a long hard wait.

The dealer definitely is quoting June delivery (not from stock), so I guess May/June build, which will be MY14, right?

And no free DAB here for MY14 :(

The DAB change is just for the UK - it's Audi UK who decide on spec changes for each year based on UK law, market etc. The digital switchover for radio isn't too far off now (supposedly) which is probably why DAB is now standard, DRLs are standard here because of UK law (they may not be in all countries), and TPMS is expected for MY15 because of the UK law, but not necessarily elsewhere.

The TPMS and DRL things are EU-wide. The DAB situation is UK-specific, although the switch-off keeps getting pushed back (looks like at least another 5 years now).

Life's far too short to be waiting for anything , just get it ordered as you don't know what could happen tomorrow !!

Just order it and get it quicker! There is always something better if you want to wait long enough. Its like the apple iphone debate (for those that care) do I wait for iphone 6 rather than get iphone 5s etc. In the end not worth the worry! Just my 2p

Normally I'd be in complete agreement with those sentiments, especially if the changes wouldn't be known until a few months down the line. But I'd hate to pull the trigger now only to find out I could have had a better spec or whatever by waiting a few days...

If that's the case just get the dealer to push your order slot back. There will always be another customer delighted to take your slot, and if the changes are minor then you get your car quicker...

^ This.

The downside of waiting, of course, is that you might get saddled with a price increase :(

Reactions: Joetidman
Normally I'd be in complete agreement with those sentiments, especially if the changes wouldn't be known until a few months down the line. But I'd hate to pull the trigger now only to find out I could have had a better spec or whatever by waiting a few days...

That's life unfortuately, there will always be better spec when ever you buy...

That's life unfortuately, there will always be better spec when ever you buy...

In the past there have also been occasions where something that is standard at the moment has become an optional extra. It is also possible for something that you like at the moment being changed to something you don't like. OK if you already have a car on order but by the time you know about the changes any new order will almost certainly be a 2015 model.

What's TPMS???

For what it's worth i ordered my car on Jan 3rd and I'm currently on build week 21 which is in May. If you ordered from new now you're pretty unlikely to get a 2014 build anyway.

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

I've bought a few cars from the same dealer, and he's always been spot-on with the delivery times before, so I've no reason to doubt him this time. Maybe it takes longer to get them across the Channel ;)

I ordered a COD mid March and got BW 22 with delivery 4 weeks later. Was told that if I got a 2015, it would be 150PS (10 up from 2014). I live in Norway btw. Hoping BW wil not change :).

Wonder if going to 150ps will affect the road tax in the uk as £30 was one of the appeals for me

Has there been any written confirmation that the 1.4 ps will be increased to 150?

Has there been any written confirmation that the 1.4 ps will be increased to 150?

Not sure if this is rings true as appears to be counter intuitive, the move to COD technology is primarily to reduce emmisions and increase fuel effiicency and the 1.4 COD was set at 1.4ps to differentiate it from the standard 1.4TFSI, so why tweak up the ouptut, but If this is true, more importantly what will this do for the torque value

Just had an email from my dealer to say that there will be no changes for MY15, except that some engines will become EU6-compliant. Since my engine is already EU6, he says it will be identical.

Sounds about right to me...

It's still possible that Audi UK may change other things in the specification. Normally they notify the UK dealers during April.

If they do increase the COD to 150PS I shall be feeling a bit short changed as, I suspect, will be many 1.8 owners...

The fact is that nobody knows anything about MY2015 yet. Even TPMS is just an educated guess.

Just ordered an S3 in the UK. dealer confirmed it will be MY15 but doesn't know the difference (if any) yet.

In an S3? That would make quite a bit of difference!!

What sort of lead time have they given you? Cheers.

Just ordered an S3 in the UK. dealer confirmed it will be MY15 but doesn't know the difference (if any) yet.

No change apparently, price increase due and TPMS standard.

Reactions: warren_S5
As its this close, I personally would wait.
Anything built from BW22 onwards would be MY15.

But your personal circumstances would dictate your choice!

PS Welcome!
Hi... So if my s3 is being built week 29 this year (summer) that means it's MY15!??

does anyone know the differences?
thanks

TPMS and a price hike. Reckon on at least 2% and £75 to cover TPMS .

Order placed :)

It will be a 2014 model, with an expected delivery date of 26 June.

Here's the spec:
Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 184 Quattro S-tronic Ambition
Phantom black
S-line pack
Sport Design pack
Intuition Plus pack
Assistance pack
Sport suspension (not S-line)
Badge delete
Heated folding mirrors
Heated seats
Electric seats