Screen in a3

Focusy

Reaction score
Is their a way to make the display on the screen bigger to remove the black border if you don't have technology pack?

if sourcing a larger screen model, can it be a straight fit and become compatible with the existing MMI?

Is their a way to make the display on the screen bigger to remove the black border if you don't have technology pack?

Erm, isn't the screen size smaller? You want the image to display onto the plastic bezel?

Reactions: Scott
The image on the non technology pack screen is smaller and doesn't fit the scree, it has large borders downside, my question is can it be edited via vcds inorder to fit screen fully

Canot be done in VCDS and I believe someone here sourced a tech pack screen and installed it only to find that it was not comparable with the video driver in the standard MMI. All he saw once powered up were some odd coloured box's.

I believe that whilst the Standard and technology pack screens share the same housing, they are different spec screens, both in size and in resolution, so what you see on the smaller screen is the full size image that's possible with that screen and therefore it can't be increased.

Canot be done in VCDS and I believe someone here sourced a tech pack screen and installed it only to find that it was not comparable with the video driver in the standard MMI. All he saw once powered up were some odd coloured box's.

interesting, can you share your sources?

interesting, can you share your sources?

It was on here somewhere a while ago, I remember it too. The hardware in the standard MMI isn't powerful enough to power the tech pack screen, the actual unit is different as well.

The screens are the same physical size from what I can tell (own non-tech pack, test driven tech packs) which makes perfect sense in terms of production costs for housing etc, but the resolution is reduced on the non-tech pack hence the borders.

Can't imagine why Audi would provide us with any way to 'pop it' to full screen either through settings or codes, as this would devalue the Tech Pack.

It was on here somewhere a while ago, I remember it too. The hardware in the standard MMI isn't powerful enough to power the tech pack screen, the actual unit is different as well.

Yes I remember it being posted in the forum as well....

Does the tech pack screen still have a small boarder inside the bezel for you guys? Mine does but im not sure if thats correct, its a bigger screen than a standard size but doesn't completely fill the lcd screen.

Bear in mind it's not just size, the tech pack screen is higher resolution too.

Does the tech pack screen still have a small boarder inside the bezel for you guys? Mine does but im not sure if thats correct, its a bigger screen than a standard size but doesn't completely fill the lcd screen.
Yes mine does, it is a little disappointing.

How big is the tech pack screen supposed to be?

This what mine looks like

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395908942.581367.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395908942.581367.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 392