Badger5EM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By veeeight

Thread: Audi Service plan

Neutral

Status

Audi Service plan

Hi all,

Is the Audi Service plan really worth the spend? Meant to cover servicing cost for 3years at £399.

They try to sell all sorts to you when one goes for the pre-handover paper work

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    At £14.88 mine is £10 a month cheaper than the one my Ford had so I think it is good value...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jscribe View Post
    Hi all,

Is the Audi Service plan really worth the spend? Meant to cover servicing cost for 3years at £399.

Yes it is if you plan to get it serviced at an Audi dealer and do say over 10,000 miles a year. Given Audi's fixed priced servicing is £159 for the Interim and £309 for the major it could cost you £627 for two interims and one major over 3 years. Note I use the word 'could' as I only use the fixed price servicing as a guideline - it should be no more than this. In reality a major service on our S3 is going to cost £243. The last interim was only marginally cheaper. When we started looking at the S3 there was a service pack for it but, Audi stopped offering it a few months before we actually got round to buying ours otherwise I would have added it with no hesitation.
    Now

MY10 BMW 335d Touring (Sapphire Black)

MY10 S3 Sportback (Sprint Blue)

Previously
    06 BMW 330d M Sport Touring Le Mans Blue with Black leather, Phone Prep

181 BHP

Status

Audi Service Plan £399

Quote Originally Posted by Jscribe View Post
    Hi all,

This PLAN is no longer available - was advised by my dealer last week - checked out with Audi customer services and they came back to me and confirmed that it's no longer available to purchase
    Proud Owner - A3 Sportback 2 lt Quattro - S Line - Daytona Grey

5th Gear

Status
    It's still on the website, although it does state "offer can be withdrawn at anytime" !

Audi A3 Service Plan < Audi service plans: new vehicles < Audi service plans < Warranties, service plans and insurance < Owners Area

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

5th Gear

Status
    To confirm what Andy203 said above - it's no longer available to purchase, despite them still advertising it on the website.

Tried to buy this earlier this week, computer said no.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

3rd Gear

Status
    When I ordered my car in January this was still an option at £399 which I thought was a bit expensive . I decided against it for cost reasons as expect to do about 5000 miles P.A and it was 18 months on my A1 before it needed a service.

However had a bit of a re-think as looks now like my S3 may do slightly more miles P.A (6000) and more short journeys. Worried about a big first bill so thinking the £20 a month service plan might be a good option as it's my only one now the £399 pack has gone.

But thinking about it even more - that means £720 over 3 years. Surely in 20,000 miles of expected ownership I wouldn't pay that much in serving costs on an S3? Maybe if I was doing say 10,000 miles P.A - in my circumstances just no idea what's best.
    Last edited by Pulp84; 18th April 2014 at 08:14.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

6th Gear

Status
    Not sure what you mean about 20,000 miles as three years equals three services thus divide £720 by 3.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Not sure what you mean about 20,000 miles as three years equals three services thus divide £720 by 3.
    No not that straight forward. Initial interim service £159 and then maybe one major at £309. Add in another interim and total costs are £627 so £100 odd cheaper than £20 a month option over three years. I'd be happy to pay the £20 a month on this scenario as like the fact I can spread the cost.

BUT with my current experience in my A1 I have only had 1 interim service in 2 years 3 months doing the same sort of miles and journeys. I don't know if the S3 would do the same - I'm guessing it won't so just pondering all the options.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

5th Gear

Status
    ^ Those prices appear to be for cars aged 3+ years.

On a S3 - the Oil Service is in the region of £200 and the Inspection Service will be in the region of £300

(see previous threads for actual prices/quotes obtained)
    Pulp84 likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    ^ Those prices appear to be for cars aged 3+ years.

On a S3 - the Oil Service is in the region of £200 and the Inspection Service will be in the region of £300

(see previous threads for actual prices/quotes obtained)
    Decision made - thank you!