MMI PLus video playback

deolanp

Reaction score
I was wondering i know that Video in motion is not allowed but does it cut off the sound completely aswel?I mean would it not be possible to play a music video and retract the screen and have the music still play.I ask because I have a collection of my fav songs as music videos and its going to be a tedious process to rip the audio from all of them

Thanks

I think it still plays the audio, but not sure

it does still play audio while showing the msg "video playback not available while in motion" or something like that. as soon as you stop for example in a traffic light and hill hold assist turns on video is resumed once again till you start moving again.

What is the 'law' on this? I'm not aware of having video playing being against any UK law, but assume you have to be careful with regards being distracted at the wheel?

Mind you my screaming kids are far more of a distraction than a music video but there you go

It is against the law! Unfortunately the screen sits high up on the dash and would be highly viable to the Plod!

it does still play audio while showing the msg "video playback not available while in motion" or something like that. as soon as you stop for example in a traffic light and hill hold assist turns on video is resumed once again till you start moving again.

Ok thats good then and understandable.What about resolution?Most of my files are in HD so im wondering whether the mmi would downscale it for me or am I still going to have to end up converting them to match the mmi resolution?