JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PilotAudi

Thread: S3 Updates

Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Updates

Hi, new to the forum, have just ordered myself an S3, first time in an Audi, coming from a Mk5 GTI. Have been looking thru the forum for a while, my question is have there been any changes in spec since the introduction of the S3, for example in the MK5 after about 3 months of production VW added coat hooks in the rear, I know they'll only be small things and not that important but just wanted to know if anyone had the document with the list of changes (if any) that have been made?

Thanks for any help

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Don't think there have been any - from the very early A3 models to the later ones they added DAB as standard but I don't think the S3 was ever built in MY2012, from memory it was MY2013 that DAB was added and that's when the S3 was available.

You'll love the S3, we've got a Golf GTI Mk5 too and the S3 is a FAR superior machine in all respects.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Reverse Gear

Status
    DAB isn't even offered as an option here in Australia

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsolo View Post
    DAB isn't even offered as an option here in Australia
    You do get cork mats though or so I hear! ;-)
    warren_S5 and pat15312 like this.

Neutral

Status
    I wonder when MIB2 is available?
    I have "MIB1" and the car was built in december (I think).

MIB2= next gen version of the MMI. Pretty much the same as before but some updates. (more powerfull).
    And I also wonder if the MIB1 can be updated to MIB2?

1st Gear

Status
    Black styling pack wasn't available at launch - essential on the S3 as all that chrome looks pants against certain colours (IMO). A couple of the wheel options are quite recent too. Also 19" wheels if you like spending lost of money on tyres - not on Audi's website or brochure, but available from any dealer if you ask. Expect to see some new colours as well - solar and sepang I am told are coming back to the S3. Well, so the sales rep told me and we all know they can be trusted...
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

Banned

Status
    [QUOTE=SilureMark;Well, so the sales rep told me and we all know they can be trusted...[/QUOTE]

Sales rep and service guy told me that S3 tech pack came with wi fi hot spot facility. It doesn't !!

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Sales rep and service guy told me that S3 tech pack came with wi fi hot spot facility. It doesn't !!
    Not sure I agree about chrome looks great with roof rails IMHO

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by moffe View Post
    I wonder when MIB2 is available?
    I have "MIB1" and the car was built in december (I think).

MIB2= next gen version of the MMI. Pretty much the same as before but some updates. (more powerfull).
    And I also wonder if the MIB1 can be updated to MIB2?
    It looks like the chassis will remain the same, just the internal modules will be updated in around 24-30 months.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

1st Gear

Status

S3 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    It looks like the chassis will remain the same, just the internal modules will be updated in around 24-30 months.

Ummm.... Maybe I missed something, but what was that phone app he was using??? Would love a "my Audi" app that could control bits and save locations etc just like the website.... Or maybe that was the mobile site? Anyone know?

Edit: never mind, found it here - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ojzs8QZKoWA - some nice features
    Last edited by ivicyrusivi; 23rd March 2014 at 11:31.