Proof that cars have feelings!

oufc1976

Reaction score
So, with just four days to go before picking up my A3 Saloon my outgoing Golf blows its water pump and my Focus shreds its cambelt!

£450 for the Golf and possibly the graveyard for the Focus.

We've owned them for a combined period of 10 years and never had much go wrong with them. And yet in the week I replace one of them for a newer model they go pop!

Thank the Lord for The AA!

Oh dear!

Had the cam belt ever been replaced?

Ouch, that will be a nice bill that could have been spent on high octane fuel!

Glad Alcoholics Anonymous sorted out the Golf drink problem.

Reactions: Battlekrapz
Oh dear!

Had the cam belt ever been replaced?

It was done at the time we purchased it, around 40k miles ago. Didn't have it on radar to replace it as I was most likely getting rid of it along with the Golf.

Fortunately it's not worth much, so I'm not severely out of pocket. Just lucky the Audi is on its way and I have an understanding employer!

Ouch! I had my Focus RS need itself a new dual mass fly wheel and clutch just a couple months before I picked up the S3. Nice £1800 bill right before christmas. Gutted.

Well the diagnosis is in and alas...it's not good news.

Focus well and truly DEAD!

Anyone recommend a good scrapper. Best price I've got online is a mouth watering...£127!

#RIP

Ouch! I had my Focus RS need itself a new dual mass fly wheel and clutch just a couple months before I picked up the S3. Nice £1800 bill right before christmas. Gutted.

Ouch indeed!

Out of pure nosiness, how have you found the move from the RS to the Audi?

Focus well and truly DEAD!

Anyone recommend a good scrapper.

There is one as you leave Bicester village in the direction of Waddesdon / Aylesbury (Hughes?). Used them over the years for parts when Mk1 Golf bits were in short supply but never tried to palm any scrap at them.

Then there is ASM in Thame.

Not sure I'd trust a 'Collect my car' scrappy (who give you cash to take the car away) as the next thing you know you'd have a knock at the door after the plates had been cloned and still in your name!

Reactions: oufc1976