Question for any owners of recent cars with B&O

Vertigo1

Reaction score
My car came back from the dealer today with a software update on the MMI (well half of one - long story).

Amongst other changes, I've noticed this screen:

IMG_1851.jpg

Now that was taken when I first got the car with the original software update. Note how it says "Tone (B&O)" at the top.

Well now it doesn't say that, it just says "Media". The thing is, I'm not entirely sure whether it sounds the same as before. I think it sounds a bit different (worse) but this could be because I've been in a different car for the last four days (also with B&O) and my brain has just become attuned to that and now mine sounds different.

Or, it could be that they've ******** it up and the system doesn't think it has B&O installed any more!

Can anyone with a recent model which has the more recent software installed and also has B&O check this menu and let me know what theirs says at the top.

The newer software is version number MHIG_EU_AU_K0337_1. Other tell-tale signs of the more recent software are the presence of a Messages icon in the Telephone menu (albeit greyed out) and the phone signal strength bars (in the bottom right corner in the image above) are now in a little box with an icon of a phone to the right of them).

Ta :)

Oh dear. I had a dealer trip on Friday when engine management light came on . Dealer updated system but mine still shows 'tone'. Still very much in the dark about wifi tech pack my Audi and connect!

My software code is without the _1 on the end, I have the same signal logo as you, and a quick check of the sound settings and it says "Media" if accessed from the Media screen, but press Menu then Tone and it says "Tone (B&O)"

Cheers for that - mine's exactly the same so it's hopefully all ok :)