Strange sound....

RVP20

Reaction score
Well I have a little issue at the min maybe with my B&O. Whilst driving on the motorway I heard a popping sound coming from the dash area and it sounded like an empty bottle popping when it's been left in the car on a hot day however I had no bottle there. Can anyone advise what this may be? Climate control, dash, sound system?
Or is it nothing to worry about?

Well I have a little issue at the min maybe with my B&O. Whilst driving on the motorway I heard a popping sound coming from the dash area and it sounded like an empty bottle popping when it's been left in the car on a hot day however I had no bottle there. Can anyone advise what this may be? Climate control, dash, sound system?
Or is it nothing to worry about?

try different things till you can narrow it down as if you give it to audi they would take ages to recreate the problem - could be a blown speaker or more likely tweeter if coming from the dash area. are you sure its the sound system?

I have no idea what it is. I just heard a sound as I described earlier around the dash, centre console area.
I've tried the sound and it does sound ok maybe a little tinny but maybe I'm being critical and trying to find a problem.
The heater and air con seem to work fine too?

Very occasionally I experience this too, doesn't cause me any serious worry. Don't have B&O.

Possibly the automatic flaps behind the dash controlled by the aircon/climate control to redistribute air when in auto mode? Our Discovery does the same occasionally, and my Mother's Mini...

When I heard this sound I had no climate control or air con on and the radio was on low. Any ideas? I'm worried that a speaker has gone but I maybe getting paranoid?

Could you have run over a stick thats bounced up in the engine bay behind the dash? Sticks can sound quite poppy sometimes.

No it was definitely from inside the car around the dash area which makes me think it's a speaker but I'm bit sure 😰