Audi wi fi in car.

PilotAudi

Reaction score
We have the Audi Tech pack and have a situation where the car is connected to iPhone 5 by BT and all works fine but when searching for wifi asks if I want to connect to Audi *27** which is my chassis number. It is asking for an 8 digit code. The only 8 digit code I have is from myaudi but it doesn't work. Dealer told me all S3 with Tec have connect but I don't have sim slot . Any ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers

I also have tech pack without connect, go to media - source and chose wifi . And click on settings . You should be able to view the password or change it for the cars wifi.
If you have the application MMI CONNECT you could stream your music library or listen to internet radio from your phone through the wifi connection ! Does that make any sense? Hope that helps in a way

Don't think so because it's getting the internet from the phone not from connect , but could be wrong .

My Car has the MMI Nav Plus and Audi Connect with a 4G Sim Card installed, the Car gets it's internet from the 4G Sim and also creates a WiFi Hot Spot. My Music is on an iPod in the car and also via BT from my iPhone 5S

We have the Audi Tech pack and have a situation where the car is connected to iPhone 5 by BT and all works fine but when searching for wifi asks if I want to connect to Audi *27** which is my chassis number. It is asking for an 8 digit code. The only 8 digit code I have is from myaudi but it doesn't work. Dealer told me all S3 with Tec have connect but I don't have sim slot . Any ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers

Do you have this in your glove box? I am not saying the dealer is wrong.... but they aren't always right either!

http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/images/D...book-and-apps-hands-on-16.jpg?20120119-234932

The middle is where you put the sim!

I think maybe the dealer and others are wrong. I was told yesterday all S3 with Tech had Audi connect which is plausible given my iPhone 5 was picking up an Audi wifi signal. On further checking I do not have any SIM card slot.

You have the cheapskate version of the Technology Pack.

Only the more expensive Tech Pack with connect has the SIM slot.

edit:

Tech Pack - £1495
Tech Pack with Connect & Google Earth & SIM - £1795

Last edited:
I think maybe the dealer and others are wrong. I was told yesterday all S3 with Tech had Audi connect which is plausible given my iPhone 5 was picking up an Audi wifi signal. On further checking I do not have any SIM card slot.

I have the Tech Pack (non-connect version) in my SB.

When I go into 'Source' in the Media section, along with the usual options of SD card, USB connection, CD/DVD etc, there is also an option of WiFi connection. Hadn't really had a chance to mess around with it until today and established that it essentially allows you to turn on a WiFi hotspot for the car which you can then set other devices to connect to (laptop, iPad etc) - seems to be purely for the purposes of connectivity as opposed to the data / internet functionality of the full Connect package. Once connected, you can then browse files and folders on the connected device via the MMI screen and play media as long as it's in the appropriate format.

I also downloaded the Audi Connect app on my Samsung Galaxy S4 but couldn't seem to get any functionality from it. However, I was able to have MP3 audio playing from the phone via the WiFi connection and the Bluetooth connection (for normal phone functions) paired simultaneously.

That's the point I've got to MDO... Seems we need to play longer and then tell the Audi dealers what's what!

Does one pack come with hd screen and the other the smaller screen?
I can't remember what I ordered but I was wondering if I need 'another' SIM just to leave in the car all the time?

Both the connect systems come with the larger, higher resolution screen. I think it states this in the brochure...

Last edited:
I've managed to connect my iPod via Bluetooth any stream content...although not entirely sure on the best way to do this as even when I paired the car and iPod it didn't work as expected and only by playing with the installed MMI ap did it work, and even then I couldn't seem to navigate from the car's menus and had to use the ipod controls.

I've also connected via Wifi hotspot (I do have Connect but not really relevant), and whilst I could naviagte via the car's menu to the iPod it would only get to the top level folder before telling me, "no playable content" or words to that effect.

Will have to play around some more, and even resort to reading the manual as a last resort!!

ive just checked my order, ive gone for the high pack + connect - so assume i need a SIM car for the GB

ive just checked my order, ive gone for the high pack + connect - so assume i need a SIM car for the GB

Good to check... despite local dealer and St Malo Audi thinking I should have a Sim slot and Wi-Fi etc I haven't! ******.

Originally ordered SD Nav but Tech pack was sold on basis it has DVD play and Wi-Fi hot spot in car and now I find it doesn't!!

The brochure is very clear that the normal tech pack doesnt have the wifi hot spot feature - its only the high with Audi connect version. Perhaps you could go back to your salesman and see what he says about it now? (especially if that's a key reason why you upgraded and its an extra £1000 on top of the SD version!).

The Tech pack Nav is way better and screen is bigger.. not fussed about Google maps really but as we travel abroad a lot had thought a cheap data Sim would give a Wi-Fi hot spot,

A week ago the service guys told me all I needed to do was to buy a Sim and use My Audi etc.. Not sure who is to blame really and I cannot hand on heart say I would have stuck with SD Nav as the Tech pack DVD function is great as is the better resolution screen etc etc..

I was able to fund the Tech pack by being given a bigger discount but had really anticipated the Wi-Fi Hot spot although I don't really think I am that bothered about other stuff.. Have emailed dealer and see what they come back with. I suppose if someone said here's £1000 I would have stuck with SD but hey in the big scheme of things what the heck...some folks waste that money on far worse worthless adornments to their cars. ;-O