Badger5Volks Autos
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Itguy
  • 1 Post By Oyster

Thread: Car Camera - Blackvue 500 demo

3rd Gear

Status

Car Camera - Blackvue 500 demo

Seems a lot of people keep asking about cameras and I know its a minefield with little info, demos of quality. ill add a few more soon.

Like with all cameras, you need to find the best place for them and non are great in bright sunlight and suffer from the matrix/pixelation effect when driving down a tree lined road in bright sunlight

This was uploaded to you tube but that has seemingly reduced the quality even further

Blackvue 500 demo - with near lowest quality settings and not best camera position

double click for full screen
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Makes you wonder why Audi don't offer a version of this from the factory for those of us with a front facing camera for lane assist.

We've got SD card slots and from what I've read the front camera is HD quality too.

All sounds like software to me....I'd have bought it!
    pat15312, cemerson and 97catalunya like this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Makes you wonder why Audi don't offer a version of this from the factory for those of us with a front facing camera for lane assist.

We've got SD card slots and from what I've read the front camera is HD quality too.

All sounds like software to me....I'd have bought it!
    probably a data protection / video recording permission issue as ill bet to install it they would need to get your permission to switch it on
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

1st Gear

Status
    Why would you need a camera in a car?
    I've been driving over 30 years and never had a need for one.

5th Gear

Status
    I will be getting a camera soon. I travel over 60,000 miles a year with work and have had several near misses where people have rolled back on hills, jumped red lights, flashed me out of a junction then speeded up, or the latest one jumping on the brakes for no reason. Being an advanced driver I have always been prepared. But it only takes one incident and you can loose your no claims and be sued for injuries.

I won't one for the piece of mind that should anything happen I have proof of blame.
    Audi A3 8P Sport Back 170BHP (And I Love it)

web page: philseagust.co.uk
    E-Mail:info@philseagust.co.uk

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirider View Post
    Is that a serious question? You genuinely cant think on why a camera could be useful in a car?

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

5th Gear

Status
    It only takes someone to roll back on a hill and hit you then say you ran into them. I have seen it before. A camera would prove who was to blame.
    Audi A3 8P Sport Back 170BHP (And I Love it)

web page: philseagust.co.uk
    E-Mail:info@philseagust.co.uk

1st Gear

Status
    I've had a camera in my car since Aug 2012.....I was involved in a hit and run incident and had to chase after the driver to get the registration number, I see lots of near misses on the motorway also!

3rd Gear

Status
    I have been driving for over 25 years and the standard is getting worse and worse.

a lot of liars too, especially Asian - two minor bumps and both lied

film people tailgating - shame them

people on phone whilst driving - camera catches them so not only do they lose the claim but also end up with a criminal record - they are the scum of the earth - what the hell is so important that you have to fiddle with your phone

daft people in 4x4s that they clearly aren't capable of driving - 4x4s should be only driven by highly qualified drivers like hgv drivers

avoid scammers which seems t be on the rise, certainly in others countries and here will follow suit where people in front at lights reverse into you and say you caused it!!

road rage people caught on camera

2nd Gear

Status
    I agree that a lot of ppl are lying regarding accidents,

I don't have one ATM but when I've bought my new car I will be fitting a front and rear camera

Neutral

Status
    Once an accident has occurred, people often find themselves being threatened By the other driver – this can involve physical and verbal abuse. If you have a camera installed, simply position yourself in front of your car whilst exchanging details to ensure that any offensive or threatening behaviour is caught on video. Additionally, once the other driver is informed that the scene is being monitored and recorded, they will be far too worried about the coOnsequences, and will avoid confrontation at all costs.

Install,and Boost your confidence.
    Phil-1 likes this.
    A1 1.6 TDI S Line SOLD

Ordered
    A3 Saloon S-line 1 4 cod S-Tronic, Misano Red, B & O ,Comfort package, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding and heated,Electric lumbar support, mono.pur. Interior lighting package,Privacy glass,S line sports
    suspension,Technology package,Alcantara / leather, Tyre pressure loss indicator,. Freebies So Far, Gap Insurance, 1 yrs Free Service, Rubber Mats all Round, Astrays, Set Of Tech Leads.