Car Camera - Blackvue 500 demo

royalsteve68

Reaction score
Seems a lot of people keep asking about cameras and I know its a minefield with little info, demos of quality. ill add a few more soon.

Like with all cameras, you need to find the best place for them and non are great in bright sunlight and suffer from the matrix/pixelation effect when driving down a tree lined road in bright sunlight

This was uploaded to you tube but that has seemingly reduced the quality even further

Blackvue 500 demo - with near lowest quality settings and not best camera position

double click for full screen

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes you wonder why Audi don't offer a version of this from the factory for those of us with a front facing camera for lane assist.

We've got SD card slots and from what I've read the front camera is HD quality too.

All sounds like software to me....I'd have bought it!

Reactions: cemerson, 97catalunya and pat15312
Makes you wonder why Audi don't offer a version of this from the factory for those of us with a front facing camera for lane assist.

We've got SD card slots and from what I've read the front camera is HD quality too.

All sounds like software to me....I'd have bought it!

probably a data protection / video recording permission issue as ill bet to install it they would need to get your permission to switch it on

Why would you need a camera in a car?
I've been driving over 30 years and never had a need for one.

I will be getting a camera soon. I travel over 60,000 miles a year with work and have had several near misses where people have rolled back on hills, jumped red lights, flashed me out of a junction then speeded up, or the latest one jumping on the brakes for no reason. Being an advanced driver I have always been prepared. But it only takes one incident and you can loose your no claims and be sued for injuries.

I won't one for the piece of mind that should anything happen I have proof of blame.

I've had a camera in my car since Aug 2012.....I was involved in a hit and run incident and had to chase after the driver to get the registration number, I see lots of near misses on the motorway also!

I have been driving for over 25 years and the standard is getting worse and worse.

a lot of liars too, especially Asian - two minor bumps and both lied

film people tailgating - shame them

people on phone whilst driving - camera catches them so not only do they lose the claim but also end up with a criminal record - they are the scum of the earth - what the hell is so important that you have to fiddle with your phone

daft people in 4x4s that they clearly aren't capable of driving - 4x4s should be only driven by highly qualified drivers like hgv drivers

avoid scammers which seems t be on the rise, certainly in others countries and here will follow suit where people in front at lights reverse into you and say you caused it!!

road rage people caught on camera

I agree that a lot of ppl are lying regarding accidents,

I don't have one ATM but when I've bought my new car I will be fitting a front and rear camera

Once an accident has occurred, people often find themselves being threatened By the other driver – this can involve physical and verbal abuse. If you have a camera installed, simply position yourself in front of your car whilst exchanging details to ensure that any offensive or threatening behaviour is caught on video. Additionally, once the other driver is informed that the scene is being monitored and recorded, they will be far too worried about the coOnsequences, and will avoid confrontation at all costs.

Install,and Boost your confidence.

Reactions: Phil-1