Joe's Countdown Thread...will it be the first S3 Saloon on ASN...?

Joetidman

Reaction score
So maybe not the first, but must be nearly as my built slot was once the Dealers demo!

Can't wait for my car, the daily day-dreaming is becoming distracting and my team at work are getting fed up with listening to me go on about it!

Anyway. It was built this week, and is now in transit so should be here by the end of the month (Dave, I might need your help on tracking boats!)

My spec is here below, and I'll make sure I share some (extensive) pics once I pick it up!

S3 Saloon S-Tronic.
Panther Black.
Tech Pack,
Super-sports seats,
LED Lights,
Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus,
Folding mirrors,
Bang and Olufsen Sound System,
Interior Light Pack,
Hill Hold Assist,
Privacy glass,
Tyre sensor,
Boot Mat

Reactions: geefunk1978, Cleggy70, cuke2u and 2 others
You'll be like I was when I first got my first 8v a3 back in October 2012, didn't see another for months! Was gutted when more started cropping up but yours will be exclusive for a while I bet

Reactions: Joetidman
You will have to bring it to Ware or I will try and get a parking slot in the big glass house so we can get some side by side pics :yes:

The advantage of having a saloon is that, if you are like me, there are none in my area...

The advantage of having a saloon is that, if you are like me, there are none in my area...

You're right, I've literally seen one A3 saloon so far, and I have been looking!

So the wait is nearly over...

Just got a call from the dealer to say it was in the UK, now awaiting Customs, plus transport to the dealership!

Can't wait, have been scouring the web for decent pictures of what mine might look like. Best ones found below...

S3 Saloon frontS3 Saloon rearS3 Saloon rear 2S3 Saloon side

Reactions: Foxtrot_Oscar, Cleggy70 and cuke2u
Although I would have one that looks awesome still. Very nice car

Your a lucky man Joe, even though I do love my S3 SB it was the S3 Saloon that originally switched me on to the new S3 in the first place but I couldn't wait so I will be a tad envious when you collect yours but I'm looking forward to all your pics!!

Your defo going to love it tho!!

Thanks mate, I can understand not wanting to wait, I can barely contain myself and the wife has banned me from talking about it or showing her any more pictures lol!

Reactions: rams_s3
Yeh good point I do love the Estoril, especially in the sun!

Hopefully you don't have to wait too much longer

Finally got THE phonecall! Picking my new baby up on Monday night :yahoo:

Pics will follow...119 hours and 13 mins to go...!

Reactions: J6YAK, PilotAudi and veeeight
Night time pick up?

Is the car bathed in seductive lighting with the nightie draped over the table lamp or what ? ;)

:lmfao:

Emergency holiday Dave, surely this is an emergency!

I'll give you that one...remind me not to ask you anything important Monday morning .....lol

Unless it's about cars.....no, my mind might be elsewhere ;)

Less than 24 hours to go! Won't sleep well tonight!

Reactions: Sandra and 5pot
Less than 24 hours to go! Won't sleep well tonight!
The wait is almost over. I dont about everyone else, but im looking forward to seeing your new car. I hope you dont keep us waiting toooooo long for the pics. Enjoy your pick up. :) x

The wait is almost over. I dont about everyone else, but im looking forward to seeing your new car. I hope you dont keep us waiting toooooo long for the pics. Enjoy your pick up. :) x

Thanks Sandra! Hopefully I'll be snapping away tomorrow ;)

Reactions: Sandra
Lucky you, enjoy it chap. Still 2.5 weeks till mine gets built, then 4 weeks for delivery :-(

Reactions: Joetidman and Sandra
Lucky you, enjoy it chap. Still 2.5 weeks till mine gets built, then 4 weeks for delivery :-(

Thats not long to wait now Warren. We will keep you amused till collection. :) x

Reactions: Joetidman and warren_S5
It's amazing how time slows down though when you're waiting! I even pulled my pick up forward to 2pm tomorrow because I couldn't wait those last few hours lol, I think even the dealer staff where amazed at my trainspotter levels of S3 knowledge! I, of course, acknowledged this forum as the source ;)

Reactions: Sandra
It's amazing how time slows down though when you're waiting! I even pulled my pick up forward to 2pm tomorrow because I couldn't wait those last few hours lol, I think even the dealer staff where amazed at my trainspotter levels of S3 knowledge! I, of course, acknowledged this forum as the source ;)

We should rename this the waiting section for new cars, lol. :) x

Good luck for tomorrow Joe, looking forward to seeing pics of what seems to be the first S3 Saloon on here!!
Hope you get a nice day for it

Agreed, expecting many pictures, once you've stopped smiling and can stop yourself from driving it, and also to put the car in the A3/S3 saloon register...

Amazing amazing amazing amazing! And I haven't even driven it yet!!! Pics to follow shortly :)

Reactions: PilotAudi, Louay, cuke2u and 2 others