AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: BW 10, 11, 12, 13

5th Gear

Status

BW 10, 11, 12, 13

Anyone else in Build Weeks 10, 11, 12 or 13?

I thought we could lump together in this thread to track, anticipate and excite over!

Mine is BW11, which is this week, so I'm hoping for a call from the dealer today to say it's been built!

Handover hopefully beginning of April.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Mine was last week. On march 7 i was notified by Audi Class my car was in production. I ordered on Feb 1.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have an A3 Saloon 1.4 COD on order - BW11... Fingers crossed for 31/3 delivery (my birthday) :-)

1st Gear

Status
    Mines build week 12, so bits thrown together next week!
    Arrived: MY14 S3 Sportback (Ordered 4th Jan, build week 12 (was 13), collected 23rd April), Manual, Monsoon Grey, Black Alcantara, LED Headlights, Interior Light Pack, Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ACC, Parking System Plus, Tech Pack, Electronic Folding & Heated Mirrors, Through Load

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine was build week 11 but was built last week and awaiting shipment from the docks
    Arrived - 8V A3 1.4tfsi COD S-Line Sportback S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Light & Rain Sensor, Alu Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Non Smokers Pack, Deletion of model & technology.

5th Gear

Status
    What ?! You got built early ??!!

No way ! Not fair

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

1st Gear

Status
    How frequently are you being kept updated by your dealers? Last communication I had was two weeks ago confirming build will be on 17th March.
    Arrived: MY14 S3 Sportback (Ordered 4th Jan, build week 12 (was 13), collected 23rd April), Manual, Monsoon Grey, Black Alcantara, LED Headlights, Interior Light Pack, Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ACC, Parking System Plus, Tech Pack, Electronic Folding & Heated Mirrors, Through Load

5th Gear

Status
    Weekly - ish

Had a call on Monday saying although I was still scheduled for BW11, it was still Code 20.
    So he was going to check Friday (today) and give me a call later

5th Gear

Status
    This is the flowchart that VW use, I don't think the Audi chart differs that much:

Code 10 is Factory ordered with production week
    Code 20 is Factory ordered production week confirmed
    Check Point 8 is Production Completed
    Code 30 In Transit from Factory
    Code 36 Vehicle in Port not Released
    Code 38 Vehicle in Port Released
    Code 39 Vehicle on Ship
    Code 40 Vehicle Landed
    Code 50 Vehicle Transfered to Alternative Port
    Code 60 Despatched to Retailer
    Code 70 At the retailer

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 0B1001001 View Post
    How frequently are you being kept updated by your dealers? Last communication I had was two weeks ago confirming build will be on 17th March.
    Just when I phone him. I didn't was updated for is own will

2nd Gear

Status
    Have been updated very regularly from in production, built and in docks awaiting shipping.
    Arrived - 8V A3 1.4tfsi COD S-Line Sportback S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Light & Rain Sensor, Alu Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Non Smokers Pack, Deletion of model & technology.

1st Gear

Status
    It's a shame we can't track this ourselves online...
    j16jrf likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Mine is build week 11 - the dealer e-mailed me last week to confirm it was due to be built this week. Just imagining the wheels are being bolted on now..................

5th Gear

Status
    You can self-track via a website if you buy a VW (or a BMW), but apparently the customer side of the tracking isn't too accurate.

And I think Audi are introducing customer tracking for the USA/Canada

1st Gear

Status
    Mine was bw11 but it's now bw13
    Dealer has emailed me weekly to let me know
    Build week 13 - 8V A3 184 Sportback S Line, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Privacy Glass, B&O, Interior light pack, Comfort pack, Heated seats.

Neutral

Status
    Mines is build week 12. Ordered my s3 towards the end of November. Not long left now!

3rd Gear

Status
    It's a shame we can't track this ourselves online...
    It is. My assistant at work just got a Citroen DS3 but during the whole process she had access to an online portal to check its status.

I doubt it would be difficult to do - Audi UK obviously has an insight system to monitor this all but guess there is a cost to bring a front end system to the customer.

Still stuck on build week 16 but ordered literally a couple of days in to the new year. Hopefully might get pulled foward a bit more as originally started on build week 20!

I get updates every couple of weeks
    Last edited by Pulp84; 14th March 2014 at 09:57.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

Stronic

Status
    My dealer doesn't update me at all, though I'm not too bothered as if I want an update, I just give Audi CS a call.
    A3 Sport saloon 1.4 COD, Monsoon Grey + several nice options!

5th Gear

Status
    What do you need if you call Audi CS?
    Order number? What else?

5th Gear

Status
    I've just had news that mine has changed to Build week 28 ....lonnnnnnnnnnnng wait for me
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

5th Gear

Status
    Have you ordered 1.4 CoD or exclusive paint or what?,

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RAPS3 View Post
    I've just had news that mine has changed to Build week 28 ....lonnnnnnnnnnnng wait for me
    When did you order and when was your original bw?
    Build week 13 - 8V A3 184 Sportback S Line, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Privacy Glass, B&O, Interior light pack, Comfort pack, Heated seats.

Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    What do you need if you call Audi CS?
    Order number? What else?
    Audi CS can give you an update from just knowing the Audi Order no: This is normally an 8 digit number and is printed on the Vehicle Detail form if you were given a copy by your dealer. If not just ask them for the number.

The dealer can also easily log in to the Audi computer system to see the current status. I just email whoever is the Sales Administration person at the dealers. They have this system open on their computer most of the day. You can usually find out who that is from the "Our Team - Sales" section on their website.

I'm lucky with my order as my dealer placed an order for a 2.0TDI-184 Sportback on 11 December 2013 and I have 'taken over' that order and my A3 will be built next week (wk 12) so should be here in about a month's time. My current 8P Sportback took 20 weeks back in 2012.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    BW11 and mine left factory yesterday (had popped into dealer to sort part ex).

5th Gear

Status
    Just got off the phone to Audi CS
    Who confirmed it is at Production Point 8 (Zählpunkt 8)

Could well be a Friday car then !!!

181 BHP

Status
    Mine is BW 11, this week, hope my baby has been 'born' by now!!!!!! updates from the dealer has been poor until now, I have had to do the calling. But was advised that from now on that was Saturday that they would keep me informed. Will be ringing tomorrow if I don't hear anything.
    Proud Owner - A3 Sportback 2 lt Quattro - S Line - Daytona Grey

181 BHP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post

Could well be a Friday car then !!!
    Could be worse - might have been a Monday car!!!!!! But don't think in this day an age it makes a lot of difference, I assume that they are building them 7 days a week 24-7????
    veeeight likes this.
    Proud Owner - A3 Sportback 2 lt Quattro - S Line - Daytona Grey

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 81llyh View Post
    When did you order and when was your original bw?
    Build week 15 before I changed the order for exclusive paint and its changed to 28 - I was expecting a delay though as the dealer had primed me before I made the decision to change.
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RAPS3 View Post
    Build week 15 before I changed the order for exclusive paint and its changed to 28 - I was expecting a delay though as the dealer had primed me before I made the decision to change.
    Oooo exclusive paint, which colour? Sprint blue at a guess? I can understand the change to bw28, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait tho

5th Gear

Status
    No not Sprint

I had that on my previous 8P S3 so couldnt stomach having to "pay" for it this time.

So I was left with a choice between Sepang, Nogaro or Riviera - its a suprise
    Paul R

5th Gear

Status
    I would have thought Racing Blue Mica would have made the shortlist
    RAPS3 likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Why do I think Ive read somewhere that you went for Nogaro? Hmm weird de ja vu moment

Neutral

Status
    Mine was Build Week 10 - last week. It is a PCP aquisition and is being supplied by Audi Inchape. Other than "expect it mid-March", I really have no other information and it is doing my head in. It has not been financed through Audi but would have expected the same kind of communication that members on this forum receive from their Dealers. Other than my "case number" with the finance company and their word that my car was bw10, I have nothing else to go on. The finance company are ok with emails but they seem reluctant to give me an "estimated delivery date" other than mid-March.

How should I proceed?

5th Gear

Status
    Ring Audi Inchape. It will be them that will be doing the PDI and handover, after all.

They should be able to tell you where the car is, and even supply you the order number - then you can call Audi CS daily for updates!

Neutral

Status
    That sounds like a plan but which Inchape Dealer do I contact?

5th Gear

Status
    Your finance company should tell you ?

Neutral

Status
    Just read your response, thank you. The main reason I posted was that my car has been built allegedly BW10 AND that I am buying via PCP. I have written umteen emails to the financing company, which have always been replied to promptly and efficiently. The key difference though, as compared with other members is that the car remains in the ownership of the PCP Company, which in my case is not Audi. I have gone through a third party financing company and do not want to get their backs up by constantly pressuring them.

So may I ask if anyone has bought a new Audi via a 3rd party financing company and what their experiences have been? I wrote an email yesterday evening asking them to provide the order number and the actual Inchape dealership supplying the car - it will be interesting to hear what they say. They are tending to keep things close to their chest but they are bugging me in so far as things are taking longer than I was first advised. By that I mean it was only 10 days ago that I learned my car was being built BW10. They have a good reputation so I do not want to get on the wrong side of them but it appears that if you pay cash/via bank loan or HP you have more of a say with Audi.

5th Gear

Status
    It's on the train !!

h5djr likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Doesn't look like mine made it on the train - I didn't order White !

Neutral

Status
    Where is that train going to? Maybe mine is there!

Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast