BW 10, 11, 12, 13

Build week was 13 and has been confirmed as built and waiting at the port, Emden. Dealer feels they will have it by 22nd April to register it with my PP on retention, so guess I may have it by 25th April all being well. Not long now....................

Audi CS have just told me that my car doesn't even have an assigned ship... They said it should have had one by now and the are looking into it

I rang Audi CS, my car arrived in the uk on Friday 4th :D not long to go now hopefully

BW12 for me, Grimsby 28th March, Arrived at dealer, pickup Weds 9th!

I hear mine has landed in the UK, expected to arrive at the dealer in a week. This was a build week 14 that was squeezed into 13.

BW11, pickup Tues 15th :)

Exactly 4 weeks & 1 day after the production date.

Reactions: 5pot and h5djr
I have just agreed with the dealer to collect my new 8V at 10:00 on Friday. Something for the week-end sir, if anyone is old enough to remember that comment:)
The workshop want the car for a day after the PDI etc is completed to add the hidden wiring for my TomTom.

Reactions: 5pot
I have just agreed with the dealer to collect my new 8V at 10:00 on Friday. Something for the week-end sir, if anyone is old enough to remember that comment:)
The workshop want the car for a day after the PDI etc is completed to add the hidden wiring for my TomTom.

No sleep Thursday night then - enjoy the experience (er yes I am old enough to remember that comment and that now it is meaningless to me) ! :think:

I hear mine has landed in the UK, expected to arrive at the dealer in a week. This was a build week 14 that was squeezed into 13.

F offfff! haha. Mine was build week 12 and was built in week 10/11 and in STILL in Emden. (Been there for over a month) Please somebody tell me how that works!??

What area do you live in?

I am in Cambridgeshire and mine was built on 18 March (week 12) and landed at Grimsby on 26 March. If you car is coming through Sheerness or Tyne it may take a bit longer as they have ships less often, but over a month does seem excessive.

I hate to say this but one reason a car can take longer is that there has been slight damage in the train transit from Ingolstadt to Emden. From an article I was reading a while ago it seems that around 1.5% of all VAG cars arriving at Emden suffer from some sort of damage which is then rectified at a special facility before being loaded onto a ship. I very much hope I'm wrong.

Have a word with Audi Customer Services and ask them to find out why your particular car has been delayed.

I am in Cambridgeshire and mine was built on 18 March (week 12) and landed at Grimsby on 26 March. If you car is coming through Sheerness or Tyne it may take a bit longer as they have ships less often, but over a month does seem excessive.

I hate to say this but one reason a car can take longer is that there has been slight damage in the train transit from Ingolstadt to Emden. From an article I was reading a while ago it seems that around 1.5% of all VAG cars arriving at Emden suffer from some sort of damage which is then rectified at a special facility before being loaded onto a ship. I very much hope I'm wrong.

Have a word with Audi Customer Services and ask them to find out why your particular car has been delayed.

I called yesterday... The car is at Code 38 (Released) one stage before "on ship" I think you actually posted the codes earlier. So whatever the delay was it looks like it's over now...

Can anybody elaborate on what Code 38 - Released means? Has a ship bee assigned, is it literally being loaded onto a ship or..?

Thanks

I called yesterday... The car is at Code 38 (Released) one stage before "on ship" I think you actually posted the codes earlier. So whatever the delay was it looks like it's over now...

Can anybody elaborate on what Code 38 - Released means? Has a ship bee assigned, is it literally being loaded onto a ship or..?

Thanks

That's good. Code 38 just says 'Vehicle in port of exit, released for shipping. The next code is 39 which means it 'On ship' and then 40 which is 'Landed' (in the UK)

Which UK port will it be coming to as I still keep a eye on which ships leave Emden and when.

That's good. Code 38 just says 'Vehicle in port of exit, released for shipping. The next code is 39 which means it 'On ship' and then 40 which is 'Landed' (in the UK)

Which UK port will it be coming to as I still keep a eye on which ships leave Emden and when.

Yeah so hopefully soon!

I'm South East London, so I'm guessing Sheerness...

Do you mean you check maritime traffic? Or do you work in Emden or something? haha

Yeah so hopefully soon!

I'm South East London, so I'm guessing Sheerness...

Do you mean you check maritime traffic? Or do you work in Emden or something? haha

No I just have a spreadsheet with various links to the Marine Traffic website where I note all the departures and arrivals. Sad I know but I'm retired and it gives me sometime to do that I enjoy.

I think the last ship to Sheerness was African Highway on 31 March so it must be due another one very soon.

No I just have a spreadsheet with various links to the Marine Traffic website where I note all the departures and arrivals. Sad I know but I'm retired and it gives me sometime to do that I enjoy.

Nice okay, not sad at all! Rather exciting to be honest.

So any idea when the next ship is of to Sheerness?

F offfff! haha. Mine was build week 12 and was built in week 10/11 and in STILL in Emden. (Been there for over a month) Please somebody tell me how that works!??

What area do you live in?

I live in Somerset, must admit happened quicker than expected only ordered it beginning of March. Mine took about a week to be put onto the ship.

I live in Somerset, must admit happened quicker than expected only ordered it beginning of March. Mine took about a week to be put onto the ship.

Similar to mine. I ordered my 8V on 10 February but it took over an order that my dealer had placed for a similar A3 on 11 December. Mine was therefore 5 weeks from order to built and just 8 days from the factory to Grimsby. I will be collecting it on Friday. 9 weeks in total whereas my existing 2012 A3 took 20 weeks from order to delivery.

I had a phone call from my dealer this afternoon with a query about the wiring I want for my TomTom. I spoke to the technician doing the work and asked if would be better to use the in-line socket I had already got in my existing A3. We agreed it would so I called in for them to take the existing one out and of course had a look at my new car in the workshop. All the PDI is complete, my private plates to my specification are fitted as I wanted. It still has to have it's final clean but it was looking good.

I also had the chance to see what tyres were fitted and they are Dunlop Sport MAXX so hopefully I will not need to change them.

One thing did surprise me, it has the small shark fin aerial fitted at the back of the roof. I have still to check what this is for.

Only another full day and two sleeps before I collect it on Friday morning:)

Fitted as cars have all pre-wiring in for sat nav I was told

Yay, picking up Monday! I must be the last bw10 to pick up!

Reactions: Ziggyma89 and 0B1001001
Fitted as cars have all pre-wiring in for sat nav I was told

Looking at ETKA it shows two 'shark fin' aerials for the A3...

One for: Roof combination aerial for models WITHOUT navigation system and
one for: Roof combination aerial for models WITH navigation systems.

Looking at ElsaWin is again lists two - one for GPS and one for GSM.

I wondered if it is anything to do with the change to DAB Radio.

Something else to ask on Friday :)

I think it might already have telephone prep wiring in ? So for the GSM antenna.

Today's the day. Collect my new 8V at 10:00 this morning:)

Reactions: veeeight, M_D_O_London, Ziggyma89 and 4 others
Query, why you going to tomtom, if its prepped for sat nav?

Query, why you going to tomtom, if its prepped for sat nav?
Because my existing TomTom gives me much more than the in-built Sat/Nav. Thinks like the ability to load an up-to-date speed camera database, my own POIs, easy to remove to install updates and plan routes, location at eye level on the right-hand end of the windscreen and easy of entering the data using a touch qwerty keyboard using my right-hand.

I didn't see the point of paying a minimum of £495 for an option that does a lot less than what I have already. I did try the Audi Sat/Nav on one of the demonstrators I had for the day and much preferred my TomTom. My dealer has hard wired a connection so that of a very short wire is visible from the A-pillar to the TomTom. According the the technician it's something they do quite a lot on new cars!!

Finally it's on a ship and is due to arrive at port of Tyne tomorrow afternoon :)

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to deliver to the dealer from the uk port?

My car was dispatched to the retailer on the 9th so I'm hoping its at the dealer by tomorrow

Three quick photos following collection this morning. Only one slight problem - no EU number plates. They are getting a new set made up.

H5DJR covered

H5DJR in showroom

H5DJR together

More pictures to follow.

Reactions: veeeight
Three quick photos following collection this morning. Only one slight problem - no EU number plates. They are getting a new set made up.

More pictures to follow.

:icon_thumright: Love the colour - I'm sure it was worth the wait !

Around 10days in my case

Do you mean to make up the EU plates, because I've emailed the dealer and they have said call in on Monday and they will change them over.

Very nice - however no sure about the wheels? Hope you enjoy.

The wheels are the standard sport wheels. I did wonder about changing them for one of the other 17" designs but the build was very quick and by the time I thought about it the build was fixed. At least they will be very easy to keep clean and I'm not that keen on a lot of the wheels that are currently available.