Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: BW 10, 11, 12, 13

Reverse Gear

Status
    Build week was 13 and has been confirmed as built and waiting at the port, Emden. Dealer feels they will have it by 22nd April to register it with my PP on retention, so guess I may have it by 25th April all being well. Not long now....................
    S3 SB S-Tronic, Panther Black, Star Alloys, Comfort pack with ACC & Parking Sensors, B&O, SD Sat Nav, Privacy Glass, Folding & Heated Door Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Roof Rails oh and a lovely reversible boot mat!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Audi CS have just told me that my car doesn't even have an assigned ship... They said it should have had one by now and the are looking into it

1st Gear

Status
    I rang Audi CS, my car arrived in the uk on Friday 4th :D not long to go now hopefully
    Build week 13 - 8V A3 184 Sportback S Line, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Privacy Glass, B&O, Interior light pack, Comfort pack, Heated seats.

Quote Originally Posted by 81llyh View Post
    I rang Audi CS, my car arrived in the uk on Friday 4th :D not long to go now hopefully
    Nice one. As you say - not long now
    81llyh likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    BW12 for me, Grimsby 28th March, Arrived at dealer, pickup Weds 9th!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MickBrowUK View Post
    BW12 for me, Grimsby 28th March, Arrived at dealer, pickup Weds 9th!
    I'm not listening, I'm not listening...
    MickBrowUK likes this.
    Arrived: MY14 S3 Sportback (Ordered 4th Jan, build week 12 (was 13), collected 23rd April), Manual, Monsoon Grey, Black Alcantara, LED Headlights, Interior Light Pack, Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ACC, Parking System Plus, Tech Pack, Electronic Folding & Heated Mirrors, Through Load

Mr_Snook

Status
    I hear mine has landed in the UK, expected to arrive at the dealer in a week. This was a build week 14 that was squeezed into 13.

5th Gear

Status
    BW11, pickup Tues 15th

Exactly 4 weeks & 1 day after the production date.
    h5djr and 81llyh like this.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

I have just agreed with the dealer to collect my new 8V at 10:00 on Friday. Something for the week-end sir, if anyone is old enough to remember that comment
    The workshop want the car for a day after the PDI etc is completed to add the hidden wiring for my TomTom.
    81llyh likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I have just agreed with the dealer to collect my new 8V at 10:00 on Friday. Something for the week-end sir, if anyone is old enough to remember that comment
    The workshop want the car for a day after the PDI etc is completed to add the hidden wiring for my TomTom.
    No sleep Thursday night then - enjoy the experience (er yes I am old enough to remember that comment and that now it is meaningless to me) !
    First Days: MGB GT
    Sporty Days: Lotus Elan S4SE
    Money Days: Audi TT 225
    Convertible Days: VW EOS 2.0 TFSI
    Nowadays: Audi A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport Stronic
    (not saying that I did not have the odd dodgy Ford now and again!)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook View Post
    I hear mine has landed in the UK, expected to arrive at the dealer in a week. This was a build week 14 that was squeezed into 13.

F offfff! haha. Mine was build week 12 and was built in week 10/11 and in STILL in Emden. (Been there for over a month) Please somebody tell me how that works!??

What area do you live in?

I am in Cambridgeshire and mine was built on 18 March (week 12) and landed at Grimsby on 26 March. If you car is coming through Sheerness or Tyne it may take a bit longer as they have ships less often, but over a month does seem excessive.

I hate to say this but one reason a car can take longer is that there has been slight damage in the train transit from Ingolstadt to Emden. From an article I was reading a while ago it seems that around 1.5% of all VAG cars arriving at Emden suffer from some sort of damage which is then rectified at a special facility before being loaded onto a ship. I very much hope I'm wrong.

Have a word with Audi Customer Services and ask them to find out why your particular car has been delayed.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Reverse Gear

Status
    I am in Cambridgeshire and mine was built on 18 March (week 12) and landed at Grimsby on 26 March. If you car is coming through Sheerness or Tyne it may take a bit longer as they have ships less often, but over a month does seem excessive.

I hate to say this but one reason a car can take longer is that there has been slight damage in the train transit from Ingolstadt to Emden. From an article I was reading a while ago it seems that around 1.5% of all VAG cars arriving at Emden suffer from some sort of damage which is then rectified at a special facility before being loaded onto a ship. I very much hope I'm wrong.

Have a word with Audi Customer Services and ask them to find out why your particular car has been delayed.
    I called yesterday... The car is at Code 38 (Released) one stage before "on ship" I think you actually posted the codes earlier. So whatever the delay was it looks like it's over now...

Can anybody elaborate on what Code 38 - Released means? Has a ship bee assigned, is it literally being loaded onto a ship or..?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crosara View Post
    I called yesterday... The car is at Code 38 (Released) one stage before "on ship" I think you actually posted the codes earlier. So whatever the delay was it looks like it's over now...

Can anybody elaborate on what Code 38 - Released means? Has a ship bee assigned, is it literally being loaded onto a ship or..?

Thanks
    That's good. Code 38 just says 'Vehicle in port of exit, released for shipping. The next code is 39 which means it 'On ship' and then 40 which is 'Landed' (in the UK)

Which UK port will it be coming to as I still keep a eye on which ships leave Emden and when.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Reverse Gear

Status
    That's good. Code 38 just says 'Vehicle in port of exit, released for shipping. The next code is 39 which means it 'On ship' and then 40 which is 'Landed' (in the UK)

Which UK port will it be coming to as I still keep a eye on which ships leave Emden and when.

Yeah so hopefully soon!

I'm South East London, so I'm guessing Sheerness...

Do you mean you check maritime traffic? Or do you work in Emden or something? haha

Yeah so hopefully soon!

I'm South East London, so I'm guessing Sheerness...

Do you mean you check maritime traffic? Or do you work in Emden or something? haha
    No I just have a spreadsheet with various links to the Marine Traffic website where I note all the departures and arrivals. Sad I know but I'm retired and it gives me sometime to do that I enjoy.

I think the last ship to Sheerness was African Highway on 31 March so it must be due another one very soon.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Reverse Gear

Status
    No I just have a spreadsheet with various links to the Marine Traffic website where I note all the departures and arrivals. Sad I know but I'm retired and it gives me sometime to do that I enjoy.
    Nice okay, not sad at all! Rather exciting to be honest.

So any idea when the next ship is of to Sheerness?

Mr_Snook

Status
    F offfff! haha. Mine was build week 12 and was built in week 10/11 and in STILL in Emden. (Been there for over a month) Please somebody tell me how that works!??

What area do you live in?
    I live in Somerset, must admit happened quicker than expected only ordered it beginning of March. Mine took about a week to be put onto the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Snook View Post
    I live in Somerset, must admit happened quicker than expected only ordered it beginning of March. Mine took about a week to be put onto the ship.
    Similar to mine. I ordered my 8V on 10 February but it took over an order that my dealer had placed for a similar A3 on 11 December. Mine was therefore 5 weeks from order to built and just 8 days from the factory to Grimsby. I will be collecting it on Friday. 9 weeks in total whereas my existing 2012 A3 took 20 weeks from order to delivery.
    Dave R (h5djr)

I had a phone call from my dealer this afternoon with a query about the wiring I want for my TomTom. I spoke to the technician doing the work and asked if would be better to use the in-line socket I had already got in my existing A3. We agreed it would so I called in for them to take the existing one out and of course had a look at my new car in the workshop. All the PDI is complete, my private plates to my specification are fitted as I wanted. It still has to have it's final clean but it was looking good.

I also had the chance to see what tyres were fitted and they are Dunlop Sport MAXX so hopefully I will not need to change them.

One thing did surprise me, it has the small shark fin aerial fitted at the back of the roof. I have still to check what this is for.

Only another full day and two sleeps before I collect it on Friday morning
    Dave R (h5djr)

SJC
    Neutral

Status
    Fitted as cars have all pre-wiring in for sat nav I was told

3rd Gear

Status
    Yay, picking up Monday! I must be the last bw10 to pick up!
    Ziggyma89 and 0B1001001 like this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

Quote Originally Posted by SJC View Post
    Fitted as cars have all pre-wiring in for sat nav I was told
    Looking at ETKA it shows two 'shark fin' aerials for the A3...

One for: Roof combination aerial for models WITHOUT navigation system and
    one for: Roof combination aerial for models WITH navigation systems.

Looking at ElsaWin is again lists two - one for GPS and one for GSM.

I wondered if it is anything to do with the change to DAB Radio.

Something else to ask on Friday
    Dave R (h5djr)

5th Gear

Status
    I think it might already have telephone prep wiring in ? So for the GSM antenna.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Today's the day. Collect my new 8V at 10:00 this morning
    Dave R (h5djr)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Query, why you going to tomtom, if its prepped for sat nav?

Neutral

Status
    Enjoy your day

Quote Originally Posted by Focusy View Post
    Query, why you going to tomtom, if its prepped for sat nav?
    Because my existing TomTom gives me much more than the in-built Sat/Nav. Thinks like the ability to load an up-to-date speed camera database, my own POIs, easy to remove to install updates and plan routes, location at eye level on the right-hand end of the windscreen and easy of entering the data using a touch qwerty keyboard using my right-hand.

I didn't see the point of paying a minimum of £495 for an option that does a lot less than what I have already. I did try the Audi Sat/Nav on one of the demonstrators I had for the day and much preferred my TomTom. My dealer has hard wired a connection so that of a very short wire is visible from the A-pillar to the TomTom. According the the technician it's something they do quite a lot on new cars!!
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    Enjoy and don't forget pics Dave
    Build week 13 - 8V A3 184 Sportback S Line, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Privacy Glass, B&O, Interior light pack, Comfort pack, Heated seats.

2nd Gear

Status
    Have a great day
    Arrived - 8V A3 1.4tfsi COD S-Line Sportback S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Light & Rain Sensor, Alu Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Non Smokers Pack, Deletion of model & technology.

Neutral

Status
    Finally it's on a ship and is due to arrive at port of Tyne tomorrow afternoon

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to deliver to the dealer from the uk port?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyma89 View Post
    Finally it's on a ship and is due to arrive at port of Tyne tomorrow afternoon

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to deliver to the dealer from the uk port?
    Upto two weeks

3rd Gear

Status
    Nice one mate!

Enjoy!
    S4 Avant quattro Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    My car was dispatched to the retailer on the 9th so I'm hoping its at the dealer by tomorrow

Three quick photos following collection this morning. Only one slight problem - no EU number plates. They are getting a new set made up.

H5DJR-covered.jpg

H5DJR-in showroom.jpg

H5DJR-together.jpg

More pictures to follow.
    veeeight likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)

3rd Gear

Status
    Around 10days in my case
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

Neutral

Status
    Three quick photos following collection this morning. Only one slight problem - no EU number plates. They are getting a new set made up.

More pictures to follow.
    Love the colour - I'm sure it was worth the wait !

Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Around 10days in my case
    Do you mean to make up the EU plates, because I've emailed the dealer and they have said call in on Monday and they will change them over.
    Dave R (h5djr)

181 BHP

Status

H5DJR-covered.jpg

H5DJR-in showroom.jpg

H5DJR-together.jpg

More pictures to follow.
    Very nice - however no sure about the wheels? Hope you enjoy.
    Proud Owner - A3 Sportback 2 lt Quattro - S Line - Daytona Grey

Quote Originally Posted by andy203 View Post
    Very nice - however no sure about the wheels? Hope you enjoy.
    The wheels are the standard sport wheels. I did wonder about changing them for one of the other 17" designs but the build was very quick and by the time I thought about it the build was fixed. At least they will be very easy to keep clean and I'm not that keen on a lot of the wheels that are currently available.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast