• 1 Post By squiretolley
  • 1 Post By Diamond White
  • 1 Post By veeeight
  • 1 Post By MA3RC

Thread: Aluminium Pedals Fitted

1st Gear

Status

Aluminium Pedals Fitted

As per the title, I got these fitted after a bit of a struggle and a few chaffed fingers but I'm loving how they look :D. I guess they're costly but it adds the finishing touch to the cabin I feel. Would highly recommend to anyone thinking of buying them:

2014 Audi A3 8v 1.4 COD Sport, 3 door hatchback in Brilliant Red, with Privacy Glass, Comfort Pack, Hold Assist, 17” x 7.5J ‘10-spoke Dynamic’ design alloy wheels.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry to say but I think the accelerator pedal is the wrong way around. I've had mine fitted for best part of a year and I'm pretty sure it should be the other way around.
    cemerson likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

2nd Gear

Status
    I know these aren't fitted, but they should look like this...

http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/pro...41053_zoom.jpg
    MA3RC likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

Reverse Gear

Status
    s33nyboy12 likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    ^^ thats why you had a struggle, I'm guessing you got these off eBay? More than likely for a LHD car.

Banned

Status
    Have these on S3. Wife likes them but frankly I cannot get excited about something I rarely see.

5th Gear

Status
    I find the footwell LEDs reflect of mine whilst driving along. It's actually quite annoying.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Haha whoops! Good job I posted the pic then as I would never have known
    2014 Audi A3 8v 1.4 COD Sport, 3 door hatchback in Brilliant Red, with Privacy Glass, Comfort Pack, Hold Assist, 17” x 7.5J ‘10-spoke Dynamic’ design alloy wheels.

6th Gear

Status
    Yep, I have them, your accelerator pedal is upside-down... it's a struggle to fit either way though!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    I find the footwell LEDs reflect of mine whilst driving along. It's actually quite annoying.
    I've turned my footwell lights off. I don't need my feet illuminated when I drive!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    All sorted :D cheers guys for the heads up. They're also the real ones from Stoke Audi not eBay

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I've turned my footwell lights off. I don't need my feet illuminated when I drive!
    They are very handy for when my passenger decides to do a pedicure and cut their toe nails
    Schizophonic likes this.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Reverse Gear

Status
    Have ordered from Stoke Audi for S-tronic.

Any tips on fitting as I haven't a clue where to start!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MA3RC View Post
    All sorted :D cheers guys for the heads up. They're also the real ones from Stoke Audi not eBay
    Do they feel any better than the standard A3 pedals - either better shaped or more grippy ?
    A3 8V S-line in Daytona Grey

2nd Gear

Status
    Little downside to having chrome pedals, when driving off after walking in the rain it can be slippery and i have had moments when my foot had slipped off either the accelerator or brake pedal - can be dangerous.
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanJim View Post
    Have ordered from Stoke Audi for S-tronic.

Any tips on fitting as I haven't a clue where to start!
    The clutch and brake have covers over the pedals. Remove them and the pedals clip over the top. The accelerator simply goes over the top. Just don't put it on upside down... Like some people . They're very hard to get on in my opinion. Try putting a corner on first then the diagonally opposite corner
    cemerson likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    Do they feel any better than the standard A3 pedals - either better shaped or more grippy ?
    Grip wise I haven't tried them in the wet yet. But on previous cars I've not had any trouble. Just wipe your feet on the carpet first...

Shape wise they're the same as the current pedals

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a6-chris View Post
    ^^ thats why you had a struggle, I'm guessing you got these off eBay? More than likely for a LHD car.
    These are compatible with both RHD & LHD cars

A tip for getting on is to put them in boiling water to soften the rubber...(I know it sounds extreme but it doesn't damage them) Still a ***** to get on but it helps...
    His : 2014 A5 Sportback 2.0TDI Black Edition
    Phantom Black | Black Nappa | Tech Pack High | Drive Select | Dynamic Steering | Interior Light & Storage Pack | TPM | Heated & Folding Mirrors | B&O | Heated Seats | Advanced Key | Phone Prep High | DTUK CRD2 | S5 Pedals | Black Badges | Xenon Fog Bulbs | S5 Pedals | Pressed Plates | Mi Witness HD

Hers : 2011 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI Multitronic Black Edition
    Monza Silver| Black Badges | Custom Exhaust | Xenon Fog Bulbs | S5 Pedals | Pressed Plates

6th Gear

Status
    The brake and clutch are very easy, it's the accelerator that's the PITA to fit. Though I did work out a knack eventually of putting it on diagonally then rotating into place, think I'd be a lot better at it a second time!

6th Gear

Status
    Oh, and I've never had a single problem with my feet slipping off them in the 6+ months I've had the car (fitted these the day I got the car). Soaking wet shoes or not. Either I just know the positions of the pedals well enough to just know where my feet go without having to rely on the pedals themselves to keep them in place, or the rubber bits on them do a good job of gripping them!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MA3RC View Post
    Grip wise I haven't tried them in the wet yet. But on previous cars I've not had any trouble. Just wipe your feet on the carpet first...

Shape wise they're the same as the current pedals
    Yep, but I've got rubber mats, doh! lol

dunno, it's happened a couple of times to me
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #