Aluminium Pedals Fitted

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As per the title, I got these fitted after a bit of a struggle and a few chaffed fingers but I'm loving how they look :D. I guess they're costly but it adds the finishing touch to the cabin I feel. Would highly recommend to anyone thinking of buying them:

Reactions: KEMS
Sorry to say but I think the accelerator pedal is the wrong way around. I've had mine fitted for best part of a year and I'm pretty sure it should be the other way around.

Reactions: cemerson
^^ thats why you had a struggle, I'm guessing you got these off eBay? More than likely for a LHD car.

Have these on S3. Wife likes them but frankly I cannot get excited about something I rarely see.

I find the footwell LEDs reflect of mine whilst driving along. It's actually quite annoying.

Haha whoops! :tumble: Good job I posted the pic then as I would never have known :p

Reactions: Cymru09
Yep, I have them, your accelerator pedal is upside-down... it's a struggle to fit either way though!

I find the footwell LEDs reflect of mine whilst driving along. It's actually quite annoying.

I've turned my footwell lights off. I don't need my feet illuminated when I drive!

All sorted :D cheers guys for the heads up. They're also the real ones from Stoke Audi not eBay

I've turned my footwell lights off. I don't need my feet illuminated when I drive!

They are very handy for when my passenger decides to do a pedicure and cut their toe nails

Reactions: Schizophonic
Have ordered from Stoke Audi for S-tronic.

Any tips on fitting as I haven't a clue where to start!

All sorted :D cheers guys for the heads up. They're also the real ones from Stoke Audi not eBay

Do they feel any better than the standard A3 pedals - either better shaped or more grippy ?

Little downside to having chrome pedals, when driving off after walking in the rain it can be slippery and i have had moments when my foot had slipped off either the accelerator or brake pedal - can be dangerous.

Have ordered from Stoke Audi for S-tronic.

Any tips on fitting as I haven't a clue where to start!

The clutch and brake have covers over the pedals. Remove them and the pedals clip over the top. The accelerator simply goes over the top. Just don't put it on upside down... Like some people :p. They're very hard to get on in my opinion. Try putting a corner on first then the diagonally opposite corner :)

Reactions: cemerson
Do they feel any better than the standard A3 pedals - either better shaped or more grippy ?

Grip wise I haven't tried them in the wet yet. But on previous cars I've not had any trouble. Just wipe your feet on the carpet first...

Shape wise they're the same as the current pedals :)

^^ thats why you had a struggle, I'm guessing you got these off eBay? More than likely for a LHD car.

These are compatible with both RHD & LHD cars

A tip for getting on is to put them in boiling water to soften the rubber...(I know it sounds extreme but it doesn't damage them) Still a ***** to get on but it helps...

The brake and clutch are very easy, it's the accelerator that's the PITA to fit. Though I did work out a knack eventually of putting it on diagonally then rotating into place, think I'd be a lot better at it a second time!

Oh, and I've never had a single problem with my feet slipping off them in the 6+ months I've had the car (fitted these the day I got the car). Soaking wet shoes or not. Either I just know the positions of the pedals well enough to just know where my feet go without having to rely on the pedals themselves to keep them in place, or the rubber bits on them do a good job of gripping them!

Grip wise I haven't tried them in the wet yet. But on previous cars I've not had any trouble. Just wipe your feet on the carpet first...

Shape wise they're the same as the current pedals :)

Yep, but I've got rubber mats, doh! lol

dunno, it's happened a couple of times to me :)

Just ordered myself a set of these from Stoke Audi.
Do the clutch and brake covers on the pedals just pull off or do they have a clip which requires undoing?

Just ordered myself a set of these from Stoke Audi.
Do the clutch and brake covers on the pedals just pull off or do they have a clip which requires undoing?

There's a rubber clip thing at the back - it's very easy to get off though. It's just like an oversized rubber bit that you press back through a hole in the pedal. You'll see how it all works when yours arrive.

Reactions: rvtb101
Managed to get back home in the light this evening to fit them! As every one said; clutch and brake pedal were no trouble at all! I experienced the pain of fitting the accelerator cap, for a couple of minutes.

Top tip for anyone doing this in the future... Rub some fairy liquid around the back of the accelerator pedal, top end in first and it pushes on with reasonable ease!

I second fairy liquid. I put some R32 pedals on my old MKIV and I remember one of them being a total pain to get on. Getting the old ones back on when I sold the car was a nightmare mind, the rubber on the chrome ones seemed to be softer.

I got the technique of doing the accelerator pedal, but it's a technique that I'll never have to use again, so bit of a waste discovering it! It was frustrating at first though.

Just a tip on the accelerator pedal that makes it 1000x easier... Get a bowl of boiling water from the kettle and leave the pedal in it for a few minutes beforehand. Then dry it off and fit it. Might need gloves if you haven't got asbestos hands like me! :)

The heat softens the rubber and makes it soooo much easier to do. I spent about 20 mins trying to get it done before doing this, but it went on first time after.

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Just a tip on the accelerator pedal that makes it 1000x easier... Get a bowl of boiling water from the kettle and leave the pedal in it for a few minutes beforehand. Then dry it off and fit it. Might need gloves if you haven't got asbestos hands like me! :)

The heat softens the rubber and makes it soooo much easier to do. I spent about 20 mins trying to get it done before doing this, but it went on first time after.

This is my recommendation too

well.. I can report I just joined the ally pedal mod fraternity.. and yes I did fit the accelerator pedal the right way round!:idea:. Got a good deal as found a guy selling 4 sets of these on ebay for £32 each.. definitely better than £55 from Stoke Audi parts...

Reactions: Relliott6879
Fitted these this evening... well two of them, at any rate! I got the clutch and brake on fairly easily, once I'd figured out that you need to pinch the central 'plug' on the existing brake pedal cover with a pair of pliers before it will pull through the pedal. I soaked the accelerator cover in a mug of just-boiled water for a couple of minutes but couldn't manage to get it to clip home. I came away from it as I could feel myself getting increasingly annoyed, which is never good in a confined space (my garage) in close proximity to a very expensive car. I'll have another go tomorrow, using the Fairy liquid technique described above.

I don't think there's any difference between RHD and LHD pedals - other than the position in the car

The original listing for the ones I bought (post #32 in this thread) describes them as being for LHD cars only, they fit fine.