Chris NottSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Brand new glacier white s line

All

I collected my new a3 on the 1/3 and the rear bumper looks off colour to me,

Is this normal ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    It can be normal, slightly different paint batches plus body is metal bumpers are plastic.
    So sometimes you may see a slight shading difference.

4th Gear

Status
    My A3 is Glacier White and everything matches up perfectly However most major manufacturers but their non-metallics in ready painted.
    Steeve

Neutral

Status
    Would most definitely say NOOOO.... !!!

Without having seen it, it sounds like a really bad correction work done at the dealership after a damage to the bumper.

I would go back to dealer right away.

The Peugeot 308 I have until tomorrow (where I collect my A3, woohoo!!) has front and back bumpers one shade darker than the rest of the car. This is due to my old colleague being involved in a smaller car crash. The correction work was then badly made, probably without the whole car, so the panels do not match...
    At the end of the day, I don't care, it's a rental, but had it been my own I would go crazy.
    Using Tapatalk

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cbotved View Post
    Would most definitely say NOOOO.... !!!

Without having seen it, it sounds like a really bad correction work done at the dealership after a damage to the bumper.

I would go back to dealer right away.

The Peugeot 308 I have until tomorrow (where I collect my A3, woohoo!!) has front and back bumpers one shade darker than the rest of the car. This is due to my old colleague being involved in a smaller car crash. The correction work was then badly made, probably without the whole car, so the panels do not match...
    At the end of the day, I don't care, it's a rental, but had it been my own I would go crazy.
    We had a Ford KA and both were a shade off from new with no crashes involved....
    If in doubt i'd ask a local body shop to have a quick look before you go to a dealer.
    I still say they will say its the norm on some cars..

6th Gear

Status
    I tend to agree, if you look at most cars in car park the bumpers will look slightly out from different angles. I am sure that the plastic trim is not part of the same painting process with the main bodyshell.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Neutral

Status
    No. I collected mine a few days ago and every inch of the car that should be Glacier White matches perfectly. Take it back to the dealership.
    2014 1.4 TFSi S Line Manual Sportback in Glacier White with comfort pack, heated seats, Audi music system, panoramic roof, privacy glass, tyre pressure monitoring system & hold assist

5th Gear

Status
    There is a video online of the manufacturing process of the new A3 and all parts are painted together - all car plastics are painted at the same time so they should all match. Sounds like dodgy correction to me.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have had to have the bumper painted as around the rear sensors the paint was flaky,

i ahve been on to audi and tolsd them i want a new glacier white bumper from the or they did say that they have a demo car coming in 3 weeks and may change the bumpers over which i would have no problem with

i accept a light varince between plastic and metal,

Its amazing that other people i ahve showed this to cant really see my concerns.

5th Gear

Status
    Best way to tell is to park under an old sodium orange street light at night. Shows up all the problems!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.