Sky InsuranceBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Full Lock Noise?

Is it just mine or does anyone else have a weird continous creaking noise when wheel is at full lock? either side.

I started ignoring it but not sure if its something that should be fixed!
    Picked Up In December 13! - A3 S Line 1.4 TFSI COD in Brilliant Black , Extras - Privacy Glass, Black Styling Pack, Deletion of Model and Engine, B&O Sound System, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, 18" 10 Spoke Titanium Alloys, Parking Plus, Alcantara Seats

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nny2013 View Post
    Is it just mine or does anyone else have a weird continous creaking noise when wheel is at full lock? either side.

I started ignoring it but not sure if its something that should be fixed!
    I noticed this today for the first time as its a nice day and the windows were open. Sounds like rubber rubbing on something.

Ive got the car booked in next Tuesday for THREE other issues so will add this to the list grrrr
    Audi A3 Sportback S line 1.8 TFSI S tronic - Scuba Blue
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andywil13 View Post
    I noticed this today for the first time as its a nice day and the windows were open. Sounds like rubber rubbing on something.

Ive got the car booked in next Tuesday for THREE other issues so will add this to the list grrrr
    It is annoying, I have my car booked in next Thursday so i will also add this to the list.

Suppose you kind of expect it for a new chassis but then again tests should be done well before production. Everyone is having same issues.
    Picked Up In December 13! - A3 S Line 1.4 TFSI COD in Brilliant Black , Extras - Privacy Glass, Black Styling Pack, Deletion of Model and Engine, B&O Sound System, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, 18" 10 Spoke Titanium Alloys, Parking Plus, Alcantara Seats

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nny2013 View Post
    It is annoying, I have my car booked in next Thursday so i will also add this to the list.

Suppose you kind of expect it for a new chassis but then again tests should be done well before production. Everyone is having same issues.
    Ive also got a rattle coming at around 2000-3000 revs, a squeak from the brakes when coming to a stop and a different noise coming from the ACC when it comes to a stop. Ive got a sound clip but cant see an easy way to upload here
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

1st Gear

Status
    not sure how you upload sound clips on here, sure it is possible though.

I dont seem to be having any of them problems. I just had a bad rattle from the window when over rough terrain or speed bumps. This has seemed to stop randomly so bit confused.

best get it in the garage to get them all sorted!

2nd Gear

Status
    Ive also got a rattle coming at around 2000-3000 revs
    Andy - I also have 1.8T Stronic and get this.

Mine sounds somewhere between a twig in a bicycle spoke and a small stone rattling around in a hub-cap.

Is yours similar?

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyM100 View Post
    Andy - I also have 1.8T Stronic and get this.

Mine sounds somewhere between a twig in a bicycle spoke and a small stone rattling around in a hub-cap.

Is yours similar?

John.
    Yea I'd say that's a good way to describe it! Could well be the same problem as me. I'll update what happens on Tuesday

2nd Gear

Status
    That would be great as mine isn't going in until the end of March.
    Enjoying my 8V

5th Gear

Status
    Ive also got a rattle coming at around 2000-3000 revs
    Does it sound like this?

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the link Veeeight but mine doesn't sound like that. Mine is a more tinny plinky noise. It's definitely coming from outside but I can't get a recording of it from inside the car; will have to arrange someone to record me driving by.

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

1st Gear

Status
    That would be great as mine isn't going in until the end of March.
    Just going to collect the car. Apparently they found a problem with the CV boot gaiter. I will let you know what else I find out later