Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: S3 Miles Per Tank?

Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Miles Per Tank?

Ok so it's been a week since I picked up my S3 and I'm on my 3rd tank, first tank if got 315 miles 2nd tank 310. What's the most/least you've got?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sman View Post
    Ok so it's been a week since I picked up my S3 and I'm on my 3rd tank, first tank if got 315 miles 2nd tank 310. What's the most/least you've got?
    I'm averaging around the 300 mark!!
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Miles Per Tank?

What drive select mode do you use most? Are you in a Stronic or manual?

3rd Gear

Status
    260 miles for me.

Must have a heavy right foot.

2nd Gear

Status
    How big is the tank on a s3

Reverse Gear

Status
    60 litres I think?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Tank on S3 8v is 55 litres......the tank on the S3 8P is 60 litres, slightly smaller tank on the 8V!!
    On order S3 SB Glacier white with a few extras here and there----Pick up 1st March

Neutral

Status
    First tank was 251 miles. Had 10 miles left according to DIS and filled to 50 litres today.
    Build Week 3: S3 Sportback - Estoril Blue, SuperSport Seats, Comfort Pack, Tech Pack High, B&O, Int Light Pack, Adv Key, Ext Mono Pur, Privacy Glass, Rev Camera, TPM, Pano Roof, LED Headlights, Alu Rails, Parking Plus, ACC, Fold/Dim Mirrors & Hold Assist

5th Gear

Status
    Blimey! I've averaged 26mpg from NEW in a 2011 RS3, and that's with a lot of local journeys...

And Bluey don't get overtaken much, if ever!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reverse Gear

Status
    When full my range estimates 360, very optimistic.

1st Gear

Status
    Picked mine up from the dealer with a full tank and the DIS was reading 385!

5th Gear

Status
    I'm currently on 250 miles with 75 showing as remaining.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audimad View Post
    Must try harder.

Neutral

Status
    295 at best for me :L
    Sold- Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sport

Sold- Brilliant Black Audi A3 8V S-Line 1.4 TFSI, SD card based Sat Nav, Privacy glass, S-Line suspension, Hill Hold assist, Audi sound system, Parking system.

Now- Brilliant Black Audi S3 8V 3dr S-Tronic, SD card based Sat Nav, Privacy glass, audi sound, parking sensors-rear, Black styling pack, light and rain sensor pack, Tyre pressure monitor, Alcantara seats.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Haha...u guys are driving the S3 like grannies!!! I am on my 4th tank and never got more than 230miles/375kms or so yet!!
    I assume when the novelty of the popping exhaust wears out and I revert to a 'normal' driving style, it will be fair to assess consumption. For now, I am just enjoying this machine every chance i get. Mind u, this consumption is still better that I used to get with my B8 2.0T 155kw multitronic anyway, and 90% of my driving has been suburban..
    CraigI likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    My best has been 320 driving miss daisy. How did you manage 410????
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

Neutral

Status
    265 for now
    Got a 3d manual

1st Gear

Status
    Just filled up today and the range is 385.

3rd Gear

Status
    Just filled up today and the range is 385.
    Range v actual is a very different thing.

Did you actually get 410 miles out of a tank of fuel?
    If so, that's very impressive, and over 50% more than I'm getting.
    I guess I'm having 50% more fun though...........
    geefunk1978 and sman like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry it was not 410 it was 440 and the fuel computer was showing 43.7mpg.

Rarely neutral

Status
    The engine should loosen up a bit after a few thousand miles,or at least mine appeared to,and economy may go up a bit.

A remap also helps,if you drive using the extra torque rather than peak rpm....

Anyway,my old beast will do a best of 35mpg trudging into work in the morning,and maybe 21mpg if it has a bit of room to breathe.

Overall,I thought not bad for the power,when my old Cosworth struggled to get beyond 15mpg,and could easily hit 8mpg.

Banned

Status
    Not sure I get this 'miles per tank'... My average over the first 900 miles has been 30.5 (including 200 miles with shed on roof!).. Best has been 38.7 worst 27.2. Pretty impressed!

5th Gear

Status
    You're doing well.

I've been doing mixed driving and since I've filled my tank this week I've been only driving in economy mode, like a granny (well, not accelerating hard but getting up to the speed limits) and I'm on 32.2 for the tank after 178 miles.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Banned

Status
    I have mine in dynamic most of the time and it's a manual ;-0 . I have been using a mix of regular and (French) 98 ROM fuel which is only 4 cents a litre more than 95 ROM.. why do we get ripped off in the UK???

6th Gear

Status
    One word, tax...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    One word, tax...
    Not sure that accounts for a 3 or 4 times greater differential in the UK!

1st Gear

Status
    Went to work on Thursday, had the ACC on and the fuel comp was showing 43.5mpg.

2nd Gear

Status
    Went to work on Thursday, had the ACC on and the fuel comp was showing 43.5mpg.
    I'm struggling to believe your getting 440 per tank, you must be driving dangerously slow to get even close to that!! Are you sure it's an S3 your driving??

3rd Gear

Status
    This last week was pretty poor, 190 miles on £65 of v power. Oh well been driving it like it should be though.
    J6YAK, CraigI and sman like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    This last week was pretty poor, 190 miles on £65 of v power. Oh well been driving it like it should be though.
    HaHaHa
    Bet you've enjoyed every mile of that have you?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    I'm struggling to believe your getting 440 per tank, you must be driving dangerously slow to get even close to that!! Are you sure it's an S3 your driving??
    Filled up today and the range is showing 395, did almost 40 miles and it is still showing 395.

This is the car i am driving. Note the silver mirrors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Audimad; 15th March 2014 at 17:35.

1st Gear

Status
    I've gone through 3 tanks now and total mileage is around 930 so not too bad really. Should get better with time...
    Using Tapatalk

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Not sure that accounts for a 3 or 4 times greater differential in the UK!
    It's not that bad - usually only about 4-5p/litre more in my experience, certainly not 10+.
    S3 (8V) S-Tronic Estoril Blue; A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey [sold]

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    I have mine in dynamic most of the time and it's a manual ;-0 . I have been using a mix of regular and (French) 98 ROM fuel which is only 4 cents a litre more than 95 ROM.. why do we get ripped off in the UK???
    Is ROM anything like RON? Never heard of it before. Couldn't let it go sorry

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    Is ROM anything like RON? Never heard of it before. Couldn't let it go sorry
    Yes !

3rd Gear

Status
    Filled up today and the range is showing 395, did almost 40 miles and it is still showing 395.

This is the car i am driving. Note the silver mirrors.
    If you are actually getting over 400 miles from a tank, then your idea of driving is very different to mine and very different to the way the S3 is set up to drive.

I struggle to understand those that buy a S3 and coast around trying to get the highest mpg.
    I'm disappointed that I'm at an average of 25.1 mpg. Geefunk has set a benchmark on that front.

To those that average under 30mpg I tip my hat to you.
    Driving it like it should be driven, and having more fun doing so.
    geefunk1978 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    If you are actually getting over 400 miles from a tank, then your idea of driving is very different to mine and very different to the way the S3 is set up to drive.

I struggle to understand those that buy an S3 and coast around trying to get the highest mpg.
    I'm disappointed that I'm at an average of 25.1 mpg. Geefunk has set a benchmark on that front.
    My driving is following the speed limits, when i want to go any quicker than the law allows then i'll do it on a closed track or i'll go to the Nurburgring again.

At 45 i'm too old to be a boy racer.
    Itguy and carys3 like this.

5th Gear

Status
    Well, I've bought mine on the basis that it will be able to do about 30mpg overall combined driving, which I don't think should be unrealistic given the rule of thumb book value - 20%.

Mine does seem to be improving the more miles that go on. Ok I've been really trying to go easy on this tank and I've just been going with the flow of traffic but not holding anyone up and I've got 32.5 over 250 miles mixed driving.

I wouldn't be able to afford to run my car if it did 18mpg every week so I'm trying to find the sweet spot between boredom and excitement which is affordable!

My next tank will be run fully in individual drive select with loud engine noise and auto engine mode.

3rd Gear

Status
    My driving is following the speed limits, when i want to go any quicker than the law allows then i'll do it on a closed track or i'll go to the Nurburgring again.

At 45 i'm too old to be a boy racer.
    Is your plan to take the S3 on track days?
    Last edited by CraigI; 15th March 2014 at 18:02.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast