S3 Miles Per Tank?

sman

Reaction score
Ok so it's been a week since I picked up my S3 and I'm on my 3rd tank, first tank if got 315 miles 2nd tank 310. What's the most/least you've got?

Ok so it's been a week since I picked up my S3 and I'm on my 3rd tank, first tank if got 315 miles 2nd tank 310. What's the most/least you've got?

I'm averaging around the 300 mark!!

What drive select mode do you use most? Are you in a Stronic or manual?

260 miles for me.

Must have a heavy right foot.

60 litres I think?

Tank on S3 8v is 55 litres......the tank on the S3 8P is 60 litres, slightly smaller tank on the 8V!!

First tank was 251 miles. Had 10 miles left according to DIS and filled to 50 litres today.

Blimey! I've averaged 26mpg from NEW in a 2011 RS3, and that's with a lot of local journeys...

And Bluey don't get overtaken much, if ever!

Attachments

• P1020261_Mod.jpg
    P1020261_Mod.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 719
When full my range estimates 360, very optimistic.

Picked mine up from the dealer with a full tank and the DIS was reading 385!

Haha...u guys are driving the S3 like grannies!!! I am on my 4th tank and never got more than 230miles/375kms or so yet!!
I assume when the novelty of the popping exhaust wears out and I revert to a 'normal' driving style, it will be fair to assess consumption. For now, I am just enjoying this machine every chance i get. Mind u, this consumption is still better that I used to get with my B8 2.0T 155kw multitronic anyway, and 90% of my driving has been suburban..

Reactions: CraigI
Just filled up today and the range is 385.

Range v actual is a very different thing.

Did you actually get 410 miles out of a tank of fuel?
If so, that's very impressive, and over 50% more than I'm getting.
I guess I'm having 50% more fun though...........

Reactions: geefunk1978 and sman
The engine should loosen up a bit after a few thousand miles,or at least mine appeared to,and economy may go up a bit.

A remap also helps,if you drive using the extra torque rather than peak rpm....

Anyway,my old beast will do a best of 35mpg trudging into work in the morning,and maybe 21mpg if it has a bit of room to breathe.

Overall,I thought not bad for the power,when my old Cosworth struggled to get beyond 15mpg,and could easily hit 8mpg.

Not sure I get this 'miles per tank'... My average over the first 900 miles has been 30.5 (including 200 miles with shed on roof!).. Best has been 38.7 worst 27.2. Pretty impressed!

You're doing well.

I've been doing mixed driving and since I've filled my tank this week I've been only driving in economy mode, like a granny (well, not accelerating hard but getting up to the speed limits) and I'm on 32.2 for the tank after 178 miles.

I have mine in dynamic most of the time and it's a manual ;-0 . I have been using a mix of regular and (French) 98 ROM fuel which is only 4 cents a litre more than 95 ROM.. why do we get ripped off in the UK???

Went to work on Thursday, had the ACC on and the fuel comp was showing 43.5mpg.

I'm struggling to believe your getting 440 per tank, you must be driving dangerously slow to get even close to that!! Are you sure it's an S3 your driving??

I'm struggling to believe your getting 440 per tank, you must be driving dangerously slow to get even close to that!! Are you sure it's an S3 your driving??

Filled up today and the range is showing 395, did almost 40 miles and it is still showing 395.

This is the car i am driving. Note the silver mirrors.

Attachments

• Audi S3 Sportback 019.jpg
    Audi S3 Sportback 019.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
I have mine in dynamic most of the time and it's a manual ;-0 . I have been using a mix of regular and (French) 98 ROM fuel which is only 4 cents a litre more than 95 ROM.. why do we get ripped off in the UK???
Is ROM anything like RON? Never heard of it before. Couldn't let it go sorry :cool:

Filled up today and the range is showing 395, did almost 40 miles and it is still showing 395.

This is the car i am driving. Note the silver mirrors.

If you are actually getting over 400 miles from a tank, then your idea of driving is very different to mine and very different to the way the S3 is set up to drive.

I struggle to understand those that buy a S3 and coast around trying to get the highest mpg.
I'm disappointed that I'm at an average of 25.1 mpg. Geefunk has set a benchmark on that front.
:racer:

To those that average under 30mpg I tip my hat to you.
Driving it like it should be driven, and having more fun doing so.

Reactions: geefunk1978
If you are actually getting over 400 miles from a tank, then your idea of driving is very different to mine and very different to the way the S3 is set up to drive.

I struggle to understand those that buy an S3 and coast around trying to get the highest mpg.
I'm disappointed that I'm at an average of 25.1 mpg. Geefunk has set a benchmark on that front.
:racer:

My driving is following the speed limits, when i want to go any quicker than the law allows then i'll do it on a closed track or i'll go to the Nurburgring again.

At 45 i'm too old to be a boy racer.

Reactions: M.G’z S3, carys3 and Itguy
Well, I've bought mine on the basis that it will be able to do about 30mpg overall combined driving, which I don't think should be unrealistic given the rule of thumb book value - 20%.

Mine does seem to be improving the more miles that go on. Ok I've been really trying to go easy on this tank and I've just been going with the flow of traffic but not holding anyone up and I've got 32.5 over 250 miles mixed driving.

I wouldn't be able to afford to run my car if it did 18mpg every week so I'm trying to find the sweet spot between boredom and excitement which is affordable!

My next tank will be run fully in individual drive select with loud engine noise and auto engine mode.

My driving is following the speed limits, when i want to go any quicker than the law allows then i'll do it on a closed track or i'll go to the Nurburgring again.

At 45 i'm too old to be a boy racer.

Is your plan to take the S3 on track days?

Last edited: