Chris NottJMB Retrofits
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Itguy

Thread: Rear Wiper screenwash?

1st Gear

Status

Rear Wiper screenwash?

Might seem like an odd thing to have a comment on, but has anyone noticed how its actually quite daft (well it appears so to me) to have the screenwash dispenser at the bottom of the screen? Even when you give it a good squirt, it only reaches 2/3 of the way up the screen?! Surely it would have been better to put this at the top, so gravity can give the screenwash a helping hand?
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Mine doesn't even do that... I must be honest in that I thought that was the design - the water is squirted across the wiper which then wipes the window... Thought it was meant to ensure an even wipe/clean or something like that!?!
    Using Tapatalk

6th Gear

Status
    I get full 'coverage' on mine - I much much prefer it where it is on the wiper, where it gets thrown around by the wiper. Much better than the pathetic dribble you'd get from a nozzle otherwise! Reaches all the way up the screen for me.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

5th Gear

Status
    I much prefer this design, it means you don't end up with constant dribbles down the rear screen after it's had a wash. Mine gives great coverage.
    JohnnyM100 and cemerson like this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

6th Gear

Status
    I normally use it by putting the rear wiper on, waiting until it's the other side of the window, then holding the washer on while the wiper does the 'return journey'. Covers the whole window, then the wiper comes along and wipes it all away again.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

4th Gear

Status
    I find the design a big improvement, it squirts water along the whole length of the blade for a better clean and less likely to scratch.
    Steeve

Neutral

Status
    Seems to work quite well on mine. That said, I'm sure it's a standard VW group component and recall my previous Mk5 and Mk6 Golfs having a similar style of rear wash/wipe.
    Collected: Audi A3 8V Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic S-Line. Ice Silver, Alu Roof Rails, Audi Side Assist, B&O Audio, Comfort Pack (w/ACC, Parking System Plus & Park Assist), Sports Suspension, Elec Folding Mirrors, Ext Interior Mono-Pur, Fine Nappa Seats, Heated Front Seats, Hill Hold Assist, Interior Light Package, Non-Smoking Package, Pano Glass Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Reversing Camera, Technology Package, Load-Through System, Tyre Pressure Monitor. 4 Year Warranty

2nd Gear

Status
    my squirts only goes half way...something not right.

1st Gear

Status
    My rear one is fine, however my front washer jets were quite badly aligned when I got the car. You can adjust them with a cocktail stick. It's possible you can do the same with the rear one?
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

3rd Gear

Status
    I don't think this will be an issue for me....the saloon doesn't have a rear washer/wiper.....
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco