Rear Wiper screenwash?

smk82

Reaction score
Might seem like an odd thing to have a comment on, but has anyone noticed how its actually quite daft (well it appears so to me) to have the screenwash dispenser at the bottom of the screen? Even when you give it a good squirt, it only reaches 2/3 of the way up the screen?! Surely it would have been better to put this at the top, so gravity can give the screenwash a helping hand?

Mine doesn't even do that... I must be honest in that I thought that was the design - the water is squirted across the wiper which then wipes the window... Thought it was meant to ensure an even wipe/clean or something like that!?!

I get full 'coverage' on mine - I much much prefer it where it is on the wiper, where it gets thrown around by the wiper. Much better than the pathetic dribble you'd get from a nozzle otherwise! Reaches all the way up the screen for me.

I much prefer this design, it means you don't end up with constant dribbles down the rear screen after it's had a wash. Mine gives great coverage.

Reactions: JohnM100 and cemerson
I normally use it by putting the rear wiper on, waiting until it's the other side of the window, then holding the washer on while the wiper does the 'return journey'. Covers the whole window, then the wiper comes along and wipes it all away again.

I find the design a big improvement, it squirts water along the whole length of the blade for a better clean and less likely to scratch.

Seems to work quite well on mine. That said, I'm sure it's a standard VW group component and recall my previous Mk5 and Mk6 Golfs having a similar style of rear wash/wipe.

My rear one is fine, however my front washer jets were quite badly aligned when I got the car. You can adjust them with a cocktail stick. It's possible you can do the same with the rear one?

I don't think this will be an issue for me....the saloon doesn't have a rear washer/wiper..... :sob: