AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: delivery

Reverse Gear

Status

delivery

Has anyone had their delivery delayed for any reason? I ordered my s line 140 cod SB in January and my dealer (perth Audi) has just told me I'm build week 28! Bloody July! I was originally quoted to receive my car in may!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Try another dealer, there can be quite differences between them.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

6th Gear

Status
    Yes mine was delayed by four weeks, so instead of getting it just before Christmas I got it at the end of January. The dealership sweetened the blow though by lending me a new £37 Q3 to run about in...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

1st Gear

Status
    You may need to find a dealer who has a similar car on order that can be changed to your spec.
    If its a part supply issue they will all get pushed back, i'd ask whats caused the delay.

Status
    My car has just been pushed back 8 weeks; sucks doesn't it. If the deal I got hadn't been so good I'd have looked elsewhere.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

2nd Gear

Status
    Ordered mine on the 10th Feb and is being built this week.

However had to wait 9 months for my current 8P but they gave me a car an A3 to use for 4 months, it is in the brochure that if there is a delay they will give you a courtesy car to use so pester them for one.
    Arrived - 8V A3 1.4tfsi COD S-Line Sportback S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Light & Rain Sensor, Alu Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Non Smokers Pack, Deletion of model & technology.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I would go to another dealer but I have already paid my deposit. It's not like I ordered anything exclusive/ridiculous! I think I might get in touch with Audi cs tomorrow!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cocob View Post
    I would go to another dealer but I have already paid my deposit. It's not like I ordered anything exclusive/ridiculous! I think I might get in touch with Audi cs tomorrow!
    Aren't the deposits we put down 100% refundable if we change our minds?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    Aren't the deposits we put down 100% refundable if we change our minds?
    YEP, you might need to challnge it though with some guys
    Phantom Audi A4 B7 S-Line Avant

Part of the Terms and Conditions for the contract when I placed my order read as follows:

2b. If the Seller shall fail to deliver the goods within 21 days of the estimated date of delivery stated in this contract the Purchaser may by notice in writing to the Seller require delivery of the goods within 7 days of receipt of such notice. If the goods shall not be delivered to the Purchaser with the said 7 days the contract may be cancelled.

3. If the contact be cancelled under the provision of clause 2 hereof the deposit shall be returned to the Purchaser and the Seller shall be under no further liability.

Which I think means that the car is more than 21 days late and you give 7 days notice in writing to the dealer, they must give you your deposit back.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've just received an e mail from my salesman and he says there is an issue with the supply of COD engines. Has anyone who has ordered the COD engine had any problems regarding delivery?

2nd Gear

Status
    I've just received an e mail from my salesman and he says there is an issue with the supply of COD engines. Has anyone who has ordered the COD engine had any problems regarding delivery?
    I ordered mine on the 10th Feb and received an email this week to say it is now with Production order, which means it is awaiting to go on the assembly line.
    Arrived - 8V A3 1.4tfsi COD S-Line Sportback S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Light & Rain Sensor, Alu Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Non Smokers Pack, Deletion of model & technology.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've just phoned Audi cs and they have confirmed I'm build week 28! There was no word about engine supply issues - I guess that is the way Audi work their dealer allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by jbs2472 View Post
    I ordered mine on the 10th Feb and received an email this week to say it is now with Production order, which means it is awaiting to go on the assembly line.
    I ordered my new 8V on 10th Feb as well as my is down for Production during wk12 which is the week beginning 17 March. Hopefully it will at the dealers in early April. The original delivery quoted when I placed the order was 2nd May.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status
    Update from dealer.

I trust you are well, a quick update on your new car, this is showing that it has now been built and it is on its way to us

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Part of the Terms and Conditions for the contract when I placed my order read as follows:

2b. If the Seller shall fail to deliver the goods within 21 days of the estimated date of delivery stated in this contract the Purchaser may by notice in writing to the Seller require delivery of the goods within 7 days of receipt of such notice. If the goods shall not be delivered to the Purchaser with the said 7 days the contract may be cancelled.

3. If the contact be cancelled under the provision of clause 2 hereof the deposit shall be returned to the Purchaser and the Seller shall be under no further liability.

Which I think means that the car is more than 21 days late and you give 7 days notice in writing to the dealer, they must give you your deposit back.
    Correct. Back in 2002 I had a ding dong with a BMW dealer and almost had to get a solicitor involved to get my deposit back. On that occasion the car arrived two months late and was not the spec I ordered - so I refused the car and they tried to claim they could keep my deposit. Got my money back and interest too, then bought a new TT the next day...

Mind you, my brother has just dropped a deposit to Audi for a new TTS and been quoted June next year for a delivery date! I had to laugh...
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Paul Holtom on Facebook
    Same problem with my S3 order, when I placed it mid jan was quoted week 15 as they already had one on order that could be configured.
    Last week was advised week 20 and this week its moved to week 21.
    Waiting For: S3 Sportback in Misano Red, Build Week 15.

Neutral

Status
    Has anyone had their delivery delayed for any reason? I ordered my s line 140 cod SB in January and my dealer (perth Audi) has just told me I'm build week 28! Bloody July! I was originally quoted to receive my car in may!
    Ordered mine on Friday and quoted build week 31. The dealer confirmed supply issues with the 1.4 COD engine though

2nd Gear

Status
    I find the delay strange as ordered mine on the 10th Feb and got confirmation that it has been built and being shipped.

I find the delay strange as ordered mine on the 10th Feb and got confirmation that it has been built and being shipped.
    Perhaps you car used the last 1.4COD engine Audi had on the shelf
    Dave R (h5djr)

6th Gear

Status
    Do they make the 1.4 engines at the same factory as the Saloon?
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

pjr
    Neutral

Status
    About six weeks ago, when I was considering a new A3 to replace my current one, both Perth & Dundee Audi tried a simulated order on their systems to amend the spec of a car already ordered but not confirmed - These were cars scheduled for around BW11/12/13 from memory, and when they tried to change the engine to the 1.4 COD the orders moved back to at least BW22 due to unavailability of that engine.

Presumably six weeks on, BW22 would be around the BW28 you're now being quoted?
    Current - 2014 VW Golf GTI (220PS) - Tornado Red
    Previous - 2010 A3 1.6TDI Sport Cabriolet - Brilliant Red

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Holtom View Post
    Same problem with my S3 order, when I placed it mid jan was quoted week 15 as they already had one on order that could be configured.
    Last week was advised week 20 and this week its moved to week 21.
    I too had this. Quoted week 11 at time of putting deposit down (3rd January) where the sales guy planned to amend an existing order. Get phone call the following Monday to be told that when he amended the order it moved to week 20!

To be fair my sales guy keeps me updated and it's moved in the space of 6 weeks from week 20 to 18 and now 16. Might get it early May.

I think I have read on the A1 forum some people have had their COD order delayed....
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Do they make the 1.4 engines at the same factory as the Saloon?
    Almost all the engines used in the smaller Audi's, and all the other VAG models with transverse engines are all made in the Audi plant in Gyor in Hungrary. This is the same site that makes the A3 Saloon and Cabriolet, but actually in the same factory. In 2011 for example the Audi engine plant made 1,883,757 engines.
    Dave R (h5djr)

2nd Gear

Status
    Just had the following response from my dealer regarding delays on the 1.4 COD
    well, I must admit some peoples cars are going back as far as that due to the amount of orders taken, Audi only release a certain amount of cars/ Models per dealer per month.

So to answer your question, I believe you order the car at the right time, but I must say we do have a good understanding of the order control we get through Maidstone Audi.

As far as I am aware with any delays is if you order a car with Exclusive Interior /Exterior as this can add up too another 3-4 months on the build as it is specially made.

6th Gear

Status
    Almost all the engines used in the smaller Audi's, and all the other VAG models with transverse engines are all made in the Audi plant in Gyor in Hungrary. This is the same site that makes the A3 Saloon and Cabriolet, but actually in the same factory. In 2011 for example the Audi engine plant made 1,883,757 engines.
    Thanks Dave, as I thought really. So begs the quest, do the saloons get first dibs on the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Thanks Dave, as I thought really. So begs the quest, do the saloons get first dibs on the engine?
    I doubt it. I would think each branch of VAG has to request the number of engines it is likely to require with a given period and then production is allocated on a similar basis to the orders for cars. It could be that the 1.4COD engine has been more popular their Audi thought it would be and they have used up most of their allocation. With the delivery dates being given it may be that they will not be getting any more until the 2015 Model Year starting in June 2014.

Alternatively the problem may be that Audi UK only requested a given number of cars fitted with the 1.4COD and it has used up it's allocation for this Model Year.
    Dave R (h5djr)

2nd Gear

Status
    My car is now in the port of exit, awaiting for it to be shipped.

Can anyone advise when I should be expecting to take delivery.

My car is now in the port of exit, awaiting for it to be shipped.

Can anyone advise when I should be expecting to take delivery.
    I would estimate a maximum of 3 weeks before it gets to the dealer, probably less.
    Dave R (h5djr)

2nd Gear

Status
    I would estimate a maximum of 3 weeks before it gets to the dealer, probably less.
    Thank you

pjr
    Neutral

Status
    I doubt it. I would think each branch of VAG has to request the number of engines it is likely to require with a given period and then production is allocated on a similar basis to the orders for cars. It could be that the 1.4COD engine has been more popular their Audi thought it would be and they have used up most of their allocation. With the delivery dates being given it may be that they will not be getting any more until the 2015 Model Year starting in June 2014.

Alternatively the problem may be that Audi UK only requested a given number of cars fitted with the 1.4COD and it has used up it's allocation for this Model Year.
    That certainly seemed to be the suggestion from Dundee Audi - no more COD's available until MY15
    Current - 2014 VW Golf GTI (220PS) - Tornado Red
    Previous - 2010 A3 1.6TDI Sport Cabriolet - Brilliant Red