Brilliant Red v Misano Red

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure if this is the best place for this (so mods feel free to move).

But myself and a neighbour both picked up our brand new red A3's on March 1st.

The hatchback being brilliant red and the saloon Misano... I've seen a lot of threads popping up discussing the two colours, I thought this pic captured the colour differences well:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 2,135
just had an S3 Sportback in Misano red for the weekend. when i looked at the colour its very hard to tell its metallic unless you look REALLY closely, in normal light. i presume its more of an orangey red in the sun. for me personally i don't think id pay the difference of £500 odd quid for Misano over the brilliant. both cars look great, and i did like the look of the Misano one i had for the weekend but couldnt have a red car again just yet. (had one recently) wanted a white car next (ibis white) but not an option on the new S3 so not paying exclusive colour price so I'm going with my next choice of Monsoon Grey.

Not much difference in the dull light but I bet the 2 show their full coulors in the sun light

Brilliant red looks well on a dull or sunny day, Misano comes into its own in sun only.

Misano looks like Brilliant Red on a dull day but takes on a different, slightly more vibrant colour on a sunny day.
Not much in it though.

I've got Misano and like it, especially the orange tinge in the sun, but as a pearl paint my wife's Daytona Q5 is a much better colour for the flakes popping when light hits.