• 1 Post By jbs2472
  • 2 Post By cuke2u
  • 2 Post By micky2 not 1

Thread: my15

Reverse Gear

Status

my15

hi all,

hope you all happy with your 8v audi's :-)

im in the process of my research on the a3 and i am considering a saloon or sport back,

i wanted to gauge people thoughts on the saloon, and to find out why most people have gone for sport back.

MY15 - is there a way of finding out what spec changes might occur in april, prior.

thanks all for reading and helping where possible.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Would have gone for the saloon but needed the extra space and ease of access in the boot for the children's bits.
    smudger69 likes this.
    Arrived - 8V A3 1.4tfsi COD S-Line Sportback S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Light & Rain Sensor, Alu Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Non Smokers Pack, Deletion of model & technology.

6th Gear

Status
    Depends upon whether you wish to put a washing machine in the back or not. If it is 'not' then a saloon is by far, in my and reviewers opinion, the best looking car out of the A3 range, unique too. It actually has a bigger boot with the seats down, a longer wheelbase and wider track than the Sportback as well...
    warren_S5 and Daz Auto like this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Neutral

Status
    looks like a vw jetta though....oh hang on...it is!
    nervus and PilotAudi like this.

Stronic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    If it is 'not' then a saloon is by far, in my and reviewers opinion, the best looking car out of the A3 range, unique too.
    +1.......my saloon should be in build this week.....can't wait for delivery!
    A3 Sport saloon 1.4 COD, Monsoon Grey + several nice options!

Status
    The saloon looks great, another vote from me. I'd have had one if I was buying an A/S3.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

2nd Gear

Status
    Depends upon whether you wish to put a washing machine in the back or not. If it is 'not' then a saloon is by far, in my and reviewers opinion, the best looking car out of the A3 range, unique too. It actually has a bigger boot with the seats down, a longer wheelbase and wider track than the Sportback as well...
    Yes the saloon has a bigger boot.

Me and my wife really liked the saloon also. However, the boot in the Sportback is more practical for her work.

I am hoping that they put the 184ps engine into the saloon for next year.

181 BHP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    Yes the saloon has a bigger boot.

I am hoping that they put the 184ps engine into the saloon for next year.
    +1 likewise hope the 184 does appear in saloon.
    Proud Owner - A3 Sportback 2 lt Quattro - S Line - Daytona Grey

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks for the feedback, i agree with you the sport back is a bit more pratical but the saloon does look well

however, is their a way of finding out what spec changes are happening in april. or any changes in packages?

Status
    I haven't seen a definitive list yet, there are some paint colour deletions (Estoril / Suzuka), and there is a rumour Estoril could be replaced by Sepang blue. Equipment wise I haven't seen any firm details, but wouldn't expect significant changes as the car is too new.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

5th Gear

Status
    I personally dont like all of this 'cover all bases' approach of mainly Audi and BMW! This approach of every body type in every model would be more acceptable if they also found the appetite to exediate the release of an RS at the same time!!!

6th Gear

Status
    Saloon looks a bit too boxy for me, but in any case I'd always generally prioritise practicality over looks, so sportback is a no-brainer. Plus I'd hate not having a rear wiper :P
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Focusy View Post
    thanks for the feedback, i agree with you the sport back is a bit more pratical but the saloon does look well

however, is their a way of finding out what spec changes are happening in april. or any changes in packages?
    The spec changes are happening in May/June, April is when you generally find out what the changes will be (and orders then will generally be built after May anyway). You can expect TPMS probably as it becomes a legal requirement for new cars this year.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    I haven't seen a definitive list yet, there are some paint colour deletions (Estoril / Suzuka), and there is a rumour Estoril could be replaced by Sepang blue. Equipment wise I haven't seen any firm details, but wouldn't expect significant changes as the car is too new.
    Here in Australia, that is confirmed that Sepang Blue is the replacement colour for Estoril Blue, and my dealership states there is likely be no change in MY15 build cars.
    On order S3 Sedan - S-Tronic, Sepang Blue, Performance Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Folding mirrors, Privacy glass and Tinted windows.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Focusy View Post
    hi all,

hope you all happy with your 8v audi's :-)

im in the process of my research on the a3 and i am considering a saloon or sport back,

i wanted to gauge people thoughts on the saloon, and to find out why most people have gone for sport back.

MY15 - is there a way of finding out what spec changes might occur in april, prior.

thanks all for reading and helping where possible.

the sport back with quattro is actually quite a small boot. i had 4 bags of shopping in there plus 2 pillows and it was full! main reason i chose that was i didn't want to wait the extra time for a S3 Saloon, and 2nd reason is it was about £2000 more than the sport back. yes it has other things like audi magnetic ride but the £2000 price difference was more important to me as i specced the car within a monthly price budget.
    if i was ordering one next time, i probably would go for saloon. by that time hopefully prices would be more on par with sport back.

2nd Gear

Status
    I noticed that the 184ps engines say EU6 in the configurator. The less powerful diesel engines are EU5.

I believe EU6 is being introduced September 2014. Does this mean that all cars will have to meet the new emission standards?

Could that be one of the MY15 updates? Will all the cars meet EU6? Will this mean more efficient 105ps and 150ps diesel engines?

5th Gear

Status
    How about the 1.4 going to 150PS?

I think thats on the cards for the Golf.
    And a 0.5% price increase.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    How about the 1.4 going to 150PS?

I think thats on the cards for the Golf.
    And a 0.5% price increase.
    I've got strong suspicion there will be a price increase, TPMS as standard and maybe some colours added.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

6th Gear

Status
    I the 1.4 could increase in PS, however the torque is the same so there'll be negligible difference in the performance so what would be the point with just a high increase in the emissions?
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Banned

Status
    I the 1.4 could increase in PS, however the torque is the same so there'll be negligible difference in the performance so what would be the point with just a high increase in the emissions?
    I don't think Audi will be increasing the emissions cuke.. why would they? A few more PS will be noticeable on a petrol I reckon.

6th Gear

Status
    I don't know if it is the COD engine, but the torque is exactly the same, if you look at the stats for the 1.4 150ps engine as fitted to the Q3 there it a CO2 increase of around 30 for the manual and 40 for the stronic which is quite a lot. PS will count for little as it is torque that counts...

1st Gear

Status
    I hope we get the MY15 details soon - someone here said April, but it's almost the end of the month!
    On order: A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 150 (COD) S tronic S line
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, TPMS.