my15

Focusy

Reaction score
hi all,

hope you all happy with your 8v audi's :)

im in the process of my research on the a3 and i am considering a saloon or sport back,

i wanted to gauge people thoughts on the saloon, and to find out why most people have gone for sport back.

MY15 - is there a way of finding out what spec changes might occur in april, prior.

thanks all for reading and helping where possible.

Would have gone for the saloon but needed the extra space and ease of access in the boot for the children's bits.

Reactions: smudger69
Depends upon whether you wish to put a washing machine in the back or not. If it is 'not' then a saloon is by far, in my and reviewers opinion, the best looking car out of the A3 range, unique too. It actually has a bigger boot with the seats down, a longer wheelbase and wider track than the Sportback as well...

Reactions: Daz Auto and warren_S5
looks like a vw jetta though....oh hang on...it is!

Reactions: PilotAudi and nervus
If it is 'not' then a saloon is by far, in my and reviewers opinion, the best looking car out of the A3 range, unique too.

+1.......my saloon should be in build this week.....can't wait for delivery!

The saloon looks great, another vote from me. I'd have had one if I was buying an A/S3.

Depends upon whether you wish to put a washing machine in the back or not. If it is 'not' then a saloon is by far, in my and reviewers opinion, the best looking car out of the A3 range, unique too. It actually has a bigger boot with the seats down, a longer wheelbase and wider track than the Sportback as well...
Yes the saloon has a bigger boot.

Me and my wife really liked the saloon also. However, the boot in the Sportback is more practical for her work.

I am hoping that they put the 184ps engine into the saloon for next year.

thanks for the feedback, i agree with you the sport back is a bit more pratical but the saloon does look well

however, is their a way of finding out what spec changes are happening in april. or any changes in packages?

I haven't seen a definitive list yet, there are some paint colour deletions (Estoril / Suzuka), and there is a rumour Estoril could be replaced by Sepang blue. Equipment wise I haven't seen any firm details, but wouldn't expect significant changes as the car is too new.

I personally dont like all of this 'cover all bases' approach of mainly Audi and BMW! This approach of every body type in every model would be more acceptable if they also found the appetite to exediate the release of an RS at the same time!!!

Saloon looks a bit too boxy for me, but in any case I'd always generally prioritise practicality over looks, so sportback is a no-brainer. Plus I'd hate not having a rear wiper :p

thanks for the feedback, i agree with you the sport back is a bit more pratical but the saloon does look well

however, is their a way of finding out what spec changes are happening in april. or any changes in packages?

The spec changes are happening in May/June, April is when you generally find out what the changes will be (and orders then will generally be built after May anyway). You can expect TPMS probably as it becomes a legal requirement for new cars this year.

I haven't seen a definitive list yet, there are some paint colour deletions (Estoril / Suzuka), and there is a rumour Estoril could be replaced by Sepang blue. Equipment wise I haven't seen any firm details, but wouldn't expect significant changes as the car is too new.

Here in Australia, that is confirmed that Sepang Blue is the replacement colour for Estoril Blue, and my dealership states there is likely be no change in MY15 build cars.

hi all,

hope you all happy with your 8v audi's :)

im in the process of my research on the a3 and i am considering a saloon or sport back,

i wanted to gauge people thoughts on the saloon, and to find out why most people have gone for sport back.

MY15 - is there a way of finding out what spec changes might occur in april, prior.

thanks all for reading and helping where possible.

the sport back with quattro is actually quite a small boot. i had 4 bags of shopping in there plus 2 pillows and it was full! main reason i chose that was i didn't want to wait the extra time for a S3 Saloon, and 2nd reason is it was about £2000 more than the sport back. yes it has other things like audi magnetic ride but the £2000 price difference was more important to me as i specced the car within a monthly price budget.
if i was ordering one next time, i probably would go for saloon. by that time hopefully prices would be more on par with sport back.

I noticed that the 184ps engines say EU6 in the configurator. The less powerful diesel engines are EU5.

I believe EU6 is being introduced September 2014. Does this mean that all cars will have to meet the new emission standards?

Could that be one of the MY15 updates? Will all the cars meet EU6? Will this mean more efficient 105ps and 150ps diesel engines?

How about the 1.4 going to 150PS?

I think thats on the cards for the Golf.
And a 0.5% price increase.

How about the 1.4 going to 150PS?

I think thats on the cards for the Golf.
And a 0.5% price increase.

I've got strong suspicion there will be a price increase, TPMS as standard and maybe some colours added.

I the 1.4 could increase in PS, however the torque is the same so there'll be negligible difference in the performance so what would be the point with just a high increase in the emissions?

I the 1.4 could increase in PS, however the torque is the same so there'll be negligible difference in the performance so what would be the point with just a high increase in the emissions?

I don't think Audi will be increasing the emissions cuke.. why would they? A few more PS will be noticeable on a petrol I reckon.

I don't know if it is the COD engine, but the torque is exactly the same, if you look at the stats for the 1.4 150ps engine as fitted to the Q3 there it a CO2 increase of around 30 for the manual and 40 for the stronic which is quite a lot. PS will count for little as it is torque that counts...

I hope we get the MY15 details soon - someone here said April, but it's almost the end of the month!