DTUK S3 - Thursday can't come soon enough..

ABYSS

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Cant wait for the S3 to arrive on Thursday..

dtuks3_zps4e71b5dd.jpg

Reactions: Q5 TRS, d8ean, Audimad and 3 others
Its a very little!

I've to wait till mid april I think! :sob:

A full 1 day to enjoy it then :D - look to the positives - you have an RS4 to drive on Friday

I have a Passat diesel or an S Max :laugh:

But I bet you end up driving the Skoda :laugh:

Reactions: TonyH38
I think you change your car more regularly than anyone else I know!

Hope this one hits the right buttons for you!

I think you change your car more regularly than anyone else I know!

Hope this one hits the right buttons for you!

Im planning on keeping this one for 2/3 months Warren, its not big enough for us (moreso with baby number 4 en route) but wanted our own car to sample the delights of the FSR+ system :) The replacement is due in April/May just in time for the new baby.

The car arrived earlier today, and already the mods have started.

DTUKS31_zps03fd9e0d.jpg

DTUKS32_zps2a5a54ce.jpg

1st mod, the Pedal Box..

DTUKS33_zpsa347eab7.jpg

Future plans are

FSR+ Systems - 355bhp :)
Spacers and springs
Exhaust
FMIC

and a potential 400bhp...

Reactions: T-800 and warren_S5
Looks nice mate, almost makes me wish I'd got white again! What does the pedal box do? Is it part of your tuning box setup.

Is it cream?

Looks a lovely car Andrew, you're going to have to learn to keep it in your trousers chap otherwise if you're not careful you're going to end up in an S-Max!! (God forbid)

Interested to see how the mods go; enjoy her!

Looks nice mate, almost makes me wish I'd got white again! What does the pedal box do? Is it part of your tuning box setup.

It shortens throttle response Rams, its the most difficult thing to explain or sell but the difference its made to the car is rather impressive.

Were currently adding the wiring harness for the FSR+ in readiness for when i hiut 1,000 miles (cough cough)

Is it cream?

Looks a lovely car Andrew, you're going to have to learn to keep it in your trousers chap otherwise if you're not careful you're going to end up in an S-Max!! (God forbid)

Interested to see how the mods go; enjoy her!

Amalfi (manmuck) White Warren.

Not my first choice but the car was available for immediate delivery and with a discount i couldn't say not to.

Reactions: warren_S5
355bhp, you're hopefull lol!!!

GNJ's Manual S3 was dyno'd by forge this week

309bhp standard, 355bhp with the box, 370bhp with the box and FMIC..

Germany used a manual too, 301bhp upto 353PS..

Were planning on taking GNJ's manual, and our DSG S3 to a 4WD dyno over the next couple of weeks..

1982106_10151929078120756_824197418_n.jpg

I know this is slightly off topic..... but where do you fit/fasten these boxes? And what is FMIC?

Even more off topic i would guess at another Q7 as the family bus, but a 4.2 tdi in s-line sport edition (v12 tdi look alike)

FMIC front mounted inter cooler

Looking good Andrew I cant wait to see how things progress.

I know this is slightly off topic..... but where do you fit/fasten these boxes? And what is FMIC?

I've placed the box in between the battery and air box

Even more off topic i would guess at another Q7 as the family bus, but a 4.2 tdi in s-line sport edition (v12 tdi look alike)

I have a glacier white sport edition on order Gavin, abeit only the 3.0

Reactions: illingworth22
FMIC front mounted inter cooler

Looking good Andrew I cant wait to see how things progress.

Rob.

We must finish our conversation at some point, I fell asleep last night

Yeah we do I should know more tomorrow about the exhaust and im meeting up with a friend who knows his apples from his onions and has a mk7 golf r on order.

Yeah we do I should know more tomorrow about the exhaust and im meeting up with a friend who knows his apples from his onions and has a mk7 golf r on order.

Great, well our plans are to add an exhaust to GNJs S3 (stage 3) and take mine to stage 2..

Factor in I've just ordered an S1 and a TTS I can't see the S3 being a long termer :)

Your accountant must love all the business cars.
On a different note could i come and nosey at the sport edition Q7 to see how easily it would be to retrofit the kit once it arrives?

GNJ's Manual S3 was dyno'd by forge this week

309bhp standard, 355bhp with the box, 370bhp with the box and FMIC..

Germany used a manual too, 301bhp upto 353PS..

Were planning on taking GNJ's manual, and our DSG S3 to a 4WD dyno over the next couple of weeks..

1982106_10151929078120756_824197418_n.jpg

Strange how mine only made 280 standard then on Shark's dyno and 342 with full turbo back Milltek and stage 2 FSR+ box. I guess a different dyno would give different figures. It is rapid though so I don't think the dyno numbers do it justice! The box is quality!

Tbh that's why I'm keen to get our DSG on the dyno in standard form .. I know these new haldex systems can cause all kinds of weird things to occur on a 2wd dyno

Either way you've gained 62hp on 280 which is a 22% increase
Add 22% to 300 and you get 366.. Dyno lottery ;)

So GNJ's is now sporting a fmic then?
To be honest I'm not bothered about the numbers they're pretty meaningless to me, although 490Nm is seriously impressive! What exhaust are you planning on?
Sounds like you'll have a big fleet soon! A brand new TTS?

So GNJ's is now sporting a fmic then?
To be honest I'm not bothered about the numbers they're pretty meaningless to me, although 490Nm is seriously impressive! What exhaust are you planning on?
Sounds like you'll have a big fleet soon! A brand new TTS?

Forge FMIC...

The s3 will be here for 3/4 months, S1 is organised to goto Forge as soon as it lands into the Uk, followed by a brand new TTS.. Again that's off to Forge too.

What is the Pedal Box?
Where do you get the FSR+ box from and can I ask how much?

The pedal box is like a sports button

The FSR+ system has produced upto 355bhp on a manual S3, cost is £649 - £80 members offer.. The FSR+ is upgradeable if you add an exhaust etc...

If you have no plans to go for an hardware upgrades and are happy with 355bhp then there is the FSR system which is £549 - £80 members offer :)

Feel free to give myself a call on 01207 299538 during office hours

Www.petroltuning.co.uk

The pedal box is like a sports button

The FSR+ system has produced upto 355bhp on a manual S3, cost is £649 - £80 members offer.. The FSR+ is upgradeable if you add an exhaust etc...

If you have no plans to go for an hardware upgrades and are happy with 355bhp then there is the FSR system which is £549 - £80 members offer :)

Feel free to give myself a call on 01207 299538 during office hours

Diesel Tuning UK LTD - CRD-P Multi Channel Petrol Tuning System

I will phone you tomorrow to discuss! I am in Ireland is that a problem? Also could you elaborate more on the Sports Button thingy?
Chat tomorrow! Who do I ask for?