No s3 on top gear!

Hi guys,

I have been an avid fan of all things motoring since I can remember, I despise Clarkson and agree with the fact that Top Gear is an entertainment programme for the masses rather than anything informative about cars. From the reviews online that I have seen, the M135i has been described as completely competent as a road car (atleast) and that the Golf is approaching that level.

Apologies, I am new to the forum (as you can see from my number of posts) but I need some guidance. Bexley Audi is absorbing my A3 1.8T SB due to a raft of issues since owning the vehicle from new in May 2013. I am in the process of upgrading to an S3 and the "preferential" deal offered by dealership is £3,000 off the list of the car. Is this enough? What are we typically seeing as discounts. The preferential deal is being given as a result of the issues I have experienced since purchasing my A3. I get the feeling I could get £3k off the car if I walked in from the street.

Apologies if this is a thread elsewhere, and if so please do link me. This is something that is going down imminently so your assistance in this regard would be really appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Mani

most people have got 5-9% off list, £3K is 9-10% so good but id expect a bit more for the hassle

Just watched last night's Top Gear & have to say, I'd rather they skipped the S3 than include it and then lambaste it like he did the Beeeeemer! It makes that Chris whats-his-face's praise of it look all the more biased. lol

Funny enough, my Nephew had a 116i he was planning to sell, a few weeks ago he took it out for one last spin in the rain ...and binned it on the M1. He aquaplaned (just like Jezza, but at a road legal speed) into the central reservation and wrote it off.

A short wheelbase & rear wheel drive do not make for a stable combination.

exactly, a front wheel drive car with lots of power is also not that clever but less chance of getting it horribly wrong on a bend than rwd car

To be fair they have reviewed the RS4 (loved it), RS5 (not as good as an M3, surprise), R8, (loved it), so they do get some good write ups, but to be fair mainstream cars don't often really feature in TG anymore, its all about very different cars you don't normally see, or groundbreaking changes, like Zonda's, 458, P1, Jag F-Type, etc etc. When they do finally do a hot hatch feature, they limit the cars numbers, as its not really a comparator test, they just focus in on one or two bits and make a random decision