Badger5Volks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: iPhone 5S, videos and text messaging

Neutral

Status

iPhone 5S, videos and text messaging

Can someone tell me what the story is with regard to SMS and non tech pack on a 4S.
    I can't see the icon you guys have mentioned on the 4S in Bluetooth settings-all I see is the audi pairing and and i, clicking it you see sync contacts etc...
    I don't see the option for:

Go into the bluetooth connections on your iPhone then tap on the icon next to your "audi" pairing. Turn on "allow notifications".

On the MMI side nothing?

So is this something that only works with
    Tech pack
    Ip5>
    Any help would be appreciated, it's really annoying!

Thanks
    Last edited by steviedr; 20th March 2014 at 12:20.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Mine has just been in for an update. Interestingly I still don't have any SMS options in the phone menu, regardless of whether you connect android or iphones.

The dealer have said the Bluetooth module is now 'up to date', so I can only assume my early version of the tech pack doesn't support SMS. Pity, because I'm sure it said it would in the brochure.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

1st Gear

Status
    I can't get them on my car with Tech Pack using an iPhone 5.... It may well be that the phone needs to be plugged in via MMI cable rather than just bluthooth?

6th Gear

Status
    The AMI cable has nothing to do with telephony functions, only media.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Mine has just been in for an update. Interestingly I still don't have any SMS options in the phone menu, regardless of whether you connect android or iphones.

The dealer have said the Bluetooth module is now 'up to date', so I can only assume my early version of the tech pack doesn't support SMS. Pity, because I'm sure it said it would in the brochure.
    Are you sure you've actually got the updated firmware? Can't remember version numbers off the top of my head but check if the phone signal strength icon in the bottom right corner is inside a little rectangle - it is on the new software but didn't use to be.

Also, is there any sign of the Wifi connectivity at all? Go to Media, then hit the top right soft-button to bring up the sources and wait for a few minutes and it should appear at the bottom of the list with a Wifi icon and saying "not connected".
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Are you sure you've actually got the updated firmware? Can't remember version numbers off the top of my head but check if the phone signal strength icon in the bottom right corner is inside a little rectangle - it is on the new software but didn't use to be.

Also, is there any sign of the Wifi connectivity at all? Go to Media, then hit the top right soft-button to bring up the sources and wait for a few minutes and it should appear at the bottom of the list with a Wifi icon and saying "not connected".
    Hmmm, I still have the old icons. I have now got my contacts syncing to the car after I installed third party app on the phone (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid_rsap.irmc Bluetooth Phonebook £1.19). This enabled PBAP on the nexus and now the car syncs no problem. Whether that is my phones fault or the A3 I'm not sure.

I don't have WiFi under media, in fact everything looks identical to how I left it (with the exception that all my settings had reset).

A few screenshots:uploadfromtaptalk1397507626426.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397507669109.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397507707501.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397507737749.jpg

I can't see that they would have replaced the MMI and not updated the software? Unless the Bluetooth update is totally separate?
    Last edited by mjcourtney; 14th April 2014 at 21:56.
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

6th Gear

Status
    MMI lets you export and import settings, I'm surprised they didn't do that for you
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

5th Gear

Status
    Just tried my wife's iPhone 5 with it, and no messages, but oddly in the iPhone bluetooth settings there is no options to 'allow notifications' either - maybe this only appears if the connection between the devices supports it?

1st Gear

Status
    I have Tech Pack plus Connect and iPhone 5 S.
    Same thing happened to me. Turned on Notifications and Message was no longer greyed out. Got my son to send me a message. It appeared!!
    Then no more messages have come in...

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Ok well I turned on the notifications and it allowed me to connect the Messages option and the icon lit up, yay!

Tried it by sending a text to myself and I got a short beep and the message was there. Weirdly though no further messages would appear no matter what I tried.

1st Gear

Status
    I have fixed this on mine too, by reading the trail of posts above - thanks all!

turn on allow notifications on the iphone and then in the connect screen, connect for Messages.

Really simple!

Anyone know the part code for the MMI lead for an iphone5 to allow video playback? am in the US at the moment, and am thnking they might be a bit cheaper....

Thanks!

1st Gear

Status
    don't have the packaging but the code on the adaptor is 4F0 051 510 AD 1714 WL

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
    I have fixed this on mine too, by reading the trail of posts above - thanks all!

turn on allow notifications on the iphone and then in the connect screen, connect for Messages.

Really simple!

Anyone know the part code for the MMI lead for an iphone5 to allow video playback? am in the US at the moment, and am thnking they might be a bit cheaper....

Thanks!

Neutral

Status
    Interesting to see you still use SMS in europe (im guessing immessage as you are talking about iphone). Here in Mexico 90% of people just uses Whatsapp.

6th Gear

Status
    They have just been bought by Facebook though, so people may object to that.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    They have just been bought by Facebook though, so people may object to that.
    You imply people hate facebook? and for that they refuse to use whatsapp?

6th Gear

Status
    Yep, exactly that! Most people here have free text messages, don't require you to give all your details to some company, and is perfect for quick messages. I don't understand why people wouldn't use it!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Yep, exactly that! Most people here have free text messages, don't require you to give all your details to some company, and is perfect for quick messages. I don't understand why people wouldn't use it!
    That's the thing, companies in Mexico gives you like 50 free sms only or so, and charge the rest. ANd i don't think they care about software and personal info security (yup shame on us).

But Whatsapp it's way more fun when you have groups with friends. ANd I mean EVERYBODY has it, it's the most popular texting platform, so either way we 'must' use it.

Anyway, to each their own.

Cheers

6th Gear

Status
    It'll die at some point. Everything does. Facebook will be nothing in the future, Twitter will be forgotten, Whatsapp won't even be remembered... it's the way of things in the software world and on the internet!

Neutral

Status
    Agreed.. like programmed obsolescence on hardware...

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jasso86 View Post
    Interesting to see you still use SMS in europe (im guessing immessage as you are talking about iphone). Here in Mexico 90% of people just uses Whatsapp.
    SMS has a key advantage that it doesn't require data like iMessage or Whatsapp do so, if you're out of 3G/4G coverage, SMS still works.

I can't be bothered with Whatsapp to be honest - 99% of my messages are text only and my iPhone just uses iMessage if it's between iPhones or SMS if not - I like the fact that this is totally seamless and I don't have to worry about what phone or apps the recipient has or even if they're in 3G/4G coverage. On the odd occasion that I want to send a picture then I only do so if the recipient has an iPhone, otherwise I don't bother
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    My messages come in now, but with iPhone 5 s and Vodafone, when I look at the options with a message to call back or to abstract number I get the message not allowed on this network, or similar...
    Has anybody got that to work with their phone/network?
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post

Really simple!

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12