Chris NottAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By j0nny2013

Thread: Window Rattle??!!

1st Gear

Status

Window Rattle??!!

Car is smooth as a baby's ass when driving but as soon as I hit any rough terrain or go over speed bumbs there is a big rattle which sounds like the drivers window or the window behind on drivers side.

It's like it moves about, I've tried to put the window down and test it that way and the sound is reduced quite a bit!

Anyone else had this or any suggestions? thinking of taking it back to dealership to get it checked out!

cheers
    Picked Up In December 13! - A3 S Line 1.4 TFSI COD in Brilliant Black , Extras - Privacy Glass, Black Styling Pack, Deletion of Model and Engine, B&O Sound System, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, 18" 10 Spoke Titanium Alloys, Parking Plus, Alcantara Seats

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    It moves about? A rattle snake perhaps?
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

1st Gear

Status
    haha no I've caught the rattle snake.
    Joetidman likes this.
    Picked Up In December 13! - A3 S Line 1.4 TFSI COD in Brilliant Black , Extras - Privacy Glass, Black Styling Pack, Deletion of Model and Engine, B&O Sound System, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, 18" 10 Spoke Titanium Alloys, Parking Plus, Alcantara Seats

3rd Gear

Status
    mine had this, something in doors seals needed special lubrication. Took it back to Audi and they sorted it. That's a few people now had this problem

1st Gear

Status
    I had this problem as well, i can actually hear the wind whistling when i drive. Taking it back to the dealer soon to get it sorted.
    I hope they actually check the seal and not just put some lubrication on it as it might not fix the problem long term.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    mine had this, something in doors seals needed special lubrication. Took it back to Audi and they sorted it. That's a few people now had this problem
    Thanks for this, I will book it in to get sorted.

You would think they would try to sort this issue if a few people are experiencing it!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
    I had this problem as well, i can actually hear the wind whistling when i drive. Taking it back to the dealer soon to get it sorted.
    I hope they actually check the seal and not just put some lubrication on it as it might not fix the problem long term.
    I cannot hear the wind luckily but still not right.

Yeah I'm hoping its not a short term fix either!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm having the same issue with a 3 months old SB :-( no wind noise, but annoying rattle on bumpy roads.
    I don't want to take it to the dealer just for this, but it seems it's the only choice.

1st Gear

Status
    I have mine in the dealer today to check it out but to be honest it hasnt done it for about two weeks now! The technician said it could have been the rubber wearing in as this can create a large noise but then I mentioned it was when it was really cold so he is going to try and test it in the early hours of morning. Soon find out if anything comes back!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nny2013 View Post
    I have mine in the dealer today to check it out but to be honest it hasnt done it for about two weeks now! The technician said it could have been the rubber wearing in as this can create a large noise but then I mentioned it was when it was really cold so he is going to try and test it in the early hours of morning. Soon find out if anything comes back!
    Any luck?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RVP20 View Post
    Any luck?
    Got the car back, the drivers door was apparently a little out of alignment so they fixed it and re greased. Not sure if that was the problem or not but it has been fine for ages so will just have to wait and see if it occurs again. I hope it isn't the cold that does it otherwise it will be next winter before it re apprears again.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nny2013 View Post
    Car is smooth as a baby's ass when driving but as soon as I hit any rough terrain or go over speed bumbs there is a big rattle which sounds like the drivers window or the window behind on drivers side.

It's like it moves about, I've tried to put the window down and test it that way and the sound is reduced quite a bit!

Anyone else had this or any suggestions? thinking of taking it back to dealership to get it checked out!

cheers
    I get a window rattle too but its barely noticeable and only occasionally - will keep it on monitor and get them to check it
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

3rd Gear

Status
    Mine's started again, need to ring Audi and get them to look at it again. That's twice now, really bloody annoying!