Update to 1.4 cod

Simonrich

Reaction score
VW have just updated polo, Under the bonnet of the new BlueGT is a reworked version of the older model’s turbocharged 1.4-litre four-cylinder direct-injection petrol engine packing an additional 10bhp at 148bhp. Boasting a cylinder cut off mechanism that closes down the middle two combustion chambers on part throttle loads at low speeds, it claims to offer marginal fuel savings over the old BlueGT, with the standard six-speed manual rated at 58.8mpg and 110g/km.
Will A3 get it for 2015 model year ?

Surely this is just VW updating the Polo range with the new 1.4 COD?

Seeing as the A3 and Golf already have a 140bhp 1.4 COD I can't see they would change anything just for another 8bhp.

I think this 148bhp engine is what they are planning to use in the A3 e-tron, which combines a 100bhp electric motor and 148bhp 1.4 petrol engine.

Don't see them making it in 138 and 148 versions, surely they will standardise for 2015 year builds

Well I think the one planned for the e-tron has several changes because it will generally be kicking in from cold at high power, I forgot exactly what I read but it was something todo with redesigned piston rings etc