Just a few questions for the more technically able.........

vegnomeat

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm technically challenged, please help :)

I am collecting a New A3 S Line Quattro 184 on Saturday, it has the SD card type MMI navigation system.

Can I play Video from an Ipod, if so which cable or cables do I need and is it easy to do?

Do you know of a company that will make changes via the VCDS?

Regards

veggie

A lot of people on here have the tech pack, that's why I think you haven't got answers.

I am pretty sure I've seen a post before about video on the smaller screen / sd nav setup. I think you will need the red collar iPod ami cable as that's the one that supports video.

You can of course put videos on an sd card too.

Vcds - where abouts are you? If you put a post in the vcds mods thread above then someone local to you might give you a free hand.

If it's video in motion you're after though that can't currently be done with vcds as we don't know the security code for that module yet.

It is possible but I'm not quite sure how. Others have done it though.

Thanks Fella, I will nip in to the Audi dealer today and see what they can do/advise.

Appreciate your response

veggie

See if they have a red collar ami cable you can test with in the car park before you buy

Update,

Just collected my Brand New A3 with the SD card based navigation system.

I connected my Ipod touch with the part no. 4F0-051-510-R in the centre pocket (which is the AMI cable with the red collar). Selected a movie on the MMI system and pressed play. Straight away Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels came up on the screen and played flawlessly.

MMI SD Card Navigation System plays movies from an Ipod.

Result

Regards

veggie

Reactions: RAPS3 and Ecosphere
Thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

veggie

Update,

I connected my Ipod touch with the part no. 4F0-051-510-R in the centre pocket (which is the AMI cable with the red collar). Selected a movie on the MMI system and pressed play. Straight away Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels came up on the screen and played flawlessly.

Result

Regards

veggie

You collected a car on the last day before the plates change?!

Veggie is probably abroad (or in Scotland) where they don't have such a daft system as we do.

I'm in England, the car was dealer stock with the options I wanted. Taking it today rather than tomorrow saved me over £3500, amazing deals on dealer stock if you purchase on the 63 plate. Besides, in 5 months a 14 plate will be old and used too. Also, I'm in the RAF and every day I get to drive it is a bonus with the Afghan pullout on the way.

Regards

Veggie

Reactions: JohnM100
Well done that man. I think a saving of over £3500 potentially trumps one of £800 that you might get back in a sale by waiting for a 14 plate ....... ;)

Enjoy :)

Reactions: JohnM100 and cemerson
vegnomeat:2098917 said:
Update,

Result

Regards

veggie

Result. Despite reading this forum for a few months now I was under the impression it was only possible on the Tech Pack.

Good work mate and thanks for listing the part number. :)