JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By vegnomeat
  • 1 Post By vegnomeat
  • 2 Post By veeeight

Thread: Just a few questions for the more technically able.........

Neutral

Status

Just a few questions for the more technically able.........

Hello,

I'm technically challenged, please help

I am collecting a New A3 S Line Quattro 184 on Saturday, it has the SD card type MMI navigation system.

Can I play Video from an Ipod, if so which cable or cables do I need and is it easy to do?

Do you know of a company that will make changes via the VCDS?

Regards

veggie

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    169 Views and not a bean,

5th Gear

Status
    A lot of people on here have the tech pack, that's why I think you haven't got answers.

I am pretty sure I've seen a post before about video on the smaller screen / sd nav setup. I think you will need the red collar iPod ami cable as that's the one that supports video.

You can of course put videos on an sd card too.

Vcds - where abouts are you? If you put a post in the vcds mods thread above then someone local to you might give you a free hand.

If it's video in motion you're after though that can't currently be done with vcds as we don't know the security code for that module yet.

It is possible but I'm not quite sure how. Others have done it though.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks Fella, I will nip in to the Audi dealer today and see what they can do/advise.

Appreciate your response

veggie

5th Gear

Status
    See if they have a red collar ami cable you can test with in the car park before you buy
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    Update,

Just collected my Brand New A3 with the SD card based navigation system.

I connected my Ipod touch with the part no. 4F0-051-510-R in the centre pocket (which is the AMI cable with the red collar). Selected a movie on the MMI system and pressed play. Straight away Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels came up on the screen and played flawlessly.

MMI SD Card Navigation System plays movies from an Ipod.

Result

Regards

veggie
    RAPS3 and Ecosphere like this.

5th Gear

Status
    nice and perfect choice of movie

Now to make it work with video in motion eh?

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

veggie

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vegnomeat View Post
    Update,

I connected my Ipod touch with the part no. 4F0-051-510-R in the centre pocket (which is the AMI cable with the red collar). Selected a movie on the MMI system and pressed play. Straight away Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels came up on the screen and played flawlessly.

Result

Regards

veggie
    You collected a car on the last day before the plates change?!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Banned

Status
    Veggie is probably abroad (or in Scotland) where they don't have such a daft system as we do.

Neutral

Status
    I'm in England, the car was dealer stock with the options I wanted. Taking it today rather than tomorrow saved me over £3500, amazing deals on dealer stock if you purchase on the 63 plate. Besides, in 5 months a 14 plate will be old and used too. Also, I'm in the RAF and every day I get to drive it is a bonus with the Afghan pullout on the way.

Regards

Veggie
    JohnnyM100 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Well done that man. I think a saving of over £3500 potentially trumps one of £800 that you might get back in a sale by waiting for a 14 plate .......

Enjoy
    JohnnyM100 and cemerson like this.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow oufc1976 On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by vegnomeat:2098917
    Update,

Result

Regards

veggie
    Result. Despite reading this forum for a few months now I was under the impression it was only possible on the Tech Pack.

Good work mate and thanks for listing the part number.
    8V A3 Saloon 2.0 TDi S-Line. Daytona Grey. SD Sat Nav. Privacy Glass.