DIS Display

andy203

Q5 Black Edition
Reaction score
In relation to the 'DIS' display on the dash, is there a default display? I.e Clock or whatever. If not what display do the majority of people have displayed assuming that it's not displaying a route via Sat Nav system. If you have input a route/destination into the Sat Nav, does the 'DIS' automatically change to the route display?

Yes, with sat navigation enabled your dis will switch to Sat navigation view by default.

As for me I need a constant reminder about my average miles per gallon

Yes, with sat navigation enabled your dis will switch to Sat navigation view by default.

As for me I need a constant reminder about my average miles per gallon
Thanks for that info, the average MPG would drive me crazy, is there a default setting when sat nav not in use?

In relation to the 'DIS' display on the dash, is there a default display? I.e Clock or whatever. If not what display do the majority of people have displayed assuming that it's not displaying a route via Sat Nav system. If you have input a route/destination into the Sat Nav, does the 'DIS' automatically change to the route display?

I have the DIS showing my fuel stats most of the time.

If I am navigating I have the DIS showing the route until I actually need the map, leaving the main screen for music most of the route

Mines is on digital speedo with average mpg underneath or miles to empty if I'm low on fuel.

I also have digital speedo with smaller instantaneous mpg at the bottom or miles to empty when fuel gets low.

Digital speedo & average journey MPG for me

I want to get my S3 plugged into VCDS so I can get my oil temp at the bottom when I've got the digital speedo up.

What actually gets displayed on the DIS when in Sat Nav mode? Just an arrow and distance?

I am in the Fuel Efficiency setting most of the time.

SatNav would be cool if I had the option, will this be available with an after market system?

What actually gets displayed on the DIS when in Sat Nav mode? Just an arrow and distance?

No, you get all the junctions/roundabouts displayed as you approach them, and a bar which decreases as you approach it (so you know distance to go), and some other info

cemerson:2097370 said:

No, you get all the junctions/roundabouts displayed as you approach them, and a bar which decreases as you approach it (so you know distance to go), and some other info

Nice! Sad as it sounds, this is one of the things that I'm most looking forward to using. Never had a Sat Nav before. And certainly not an integrated solution. Very slick!

The junction display in the DIS isn't as good or as accurate as the one on the main screen. If there is an odd shaped roundabout/junction, or the roads go off at weird angles, it isn't really shown in the DIS. The main screen shows the actual shape of the roads though.

Mines is on digital speedo with average mpg underneath or miles to empty if I'm low on fuel.

So you can choose two different readouts on the DIS? Or does it just rotate through a variety of options?

It has different screens which you can then select different things on. Most screens allow you to have a small section at the bottom which allows you to scroll through one item at a time of the trip computer, mpg etc

I have the Digital Speedo and I have Google Maps on the Sat Nav screen.

Anyone know what the 3 things are on start up... Bottom right of the DIS..... they look like 3 Mice (as in computer mice)

Anyone know what the 3 things are on start up... Bottom right of the DIS..... they look like 3 Mice (as in computer mice)
Rear seat occupancy/seatbelt indicators
They just tell you which rear seatbelts are done up. Empty mouse picture means that belt isn't done up.

The front passenger seat has an occupancy sensor (I guess it needs it for the airbag), so the dash light for the seatbelt comes on if somebody is in the seat and the belt isn't fastened.

The rear seats don't have occupancy sensors, but the idea is that you know which seats are occupied, so you can check they've all done their belts up.

Reactions: illingworth22
Memory 1 on my DIS seems to reset itself every new journey I make. Is this normal for memory 1? If so I'm guessing you reset memory 2 if you want to watch mpg on say a full tank basis?

Yes, memory 2 is user-resettable, memory 1 is journey reset. If you make a stop for less than 2 hours it won't reset it though.

Reactions: Migwire
Yes, memory 2 is user-resettable, memory 1 is journey reset. If you make a stop for less than 2 hours it won't reset it though.

I take it the efficiency program stats are the same as memory 1 then? As in they're reset every journey providing you've stopped for more than two hours.

Not sure, I've not explored efficiency program that much to be honest.

The junction display in the DIS isn't as good or as accurate as the one on the main screen. If there is an odd shaped roundabout/junction, or the roads go off at weird angles, it isn't really shown in the DIS. The main screen shows the actual shape of the roads though.

The junction display in the DIS has one, VERY useful feature: When you´re about to turn, a vertical row of blue blocks at the right appears - it counts down from 10 blocks to zero, thus indicating the precise point where you are supposed to turn.

Also, if there are two side roads close to each other, these are shown with a double arrow.

Yes, that is good. The one on the main screen shows exactly where on the junction you are with an arrow too, which serves the same purpose.