s3 insurance?!

john71482

Reaction score
Hello I'm looking at buying a new S3 guys! I'm 20 and was wondering what kind of quotes people are getting?

If your even considering buying a new S3 at your age and without knowing the condition of your licence or NCD then easily £2k plus which shouldn't be much to you if your about to entertain the idea of buying one?

It's just a lot to pay for insurance don't know think? And I wanted an idea or what others are paying.

It's just a lot to pay for insurance don't know think? And I wanted an idea or what others are paying.

That's like nearly 15% of the cars value at £30k....you might want to have a rethink?

Exactly really what one though! Aha!

We all want things in life but we have to be rationale in what we can afford so unless you have unlimited funds at your disposal or wish to cripple yourself with debt then I would strongly recommend that you reconsider what would be both financial viable to buy and maintain.

I'm £180 with 250 excess. That's with post office. Aged 34

Those quotes are cheap. I've been really surprised just how cheap the s3 is to insure. I'm getting a refund when I swap the policy over from our 8 year old golf gti!

Reactions: JT-007
Those quotes are cheap. I've been really surprised just how cheap the s3 is to insure. I'm getting a refund when I swap the policy over from our 8 year old golf gti!

What companies are you gettin prices from? Or comparison sites? What's your NCD and excess? Are you an older driver?

Would anyone care to take a stab in dark to why this is? After all it's a 36k+ motor!

Would anyone care to take a stab in dark to why this is? After all it's a 36k+ motor!

Yes. It's a brand new car, with low driver abuse history, good Euro NCAP rating (eg: Saxos cost the insurance industry more than a relatively rarer S3), and at the moment a new 8V S3 is a low risk to insure as far as the underwriters are concerned.

Reactions: JT-007
What companies are you gettin prices from? Or comparison sites? What's your NCD and excess? Are you an older driver?

Privilege - I'm 34, 8 years ncb, protected and legal. Wife is 33, two accidents, one fault one non fault.

I cant believe some of these figures, they are ridiculously cheap.

I'm 38, live in an affluent market town, never had a claim or conviction in 20 years, just me to drive with £500 excess and THE best I can get is £360 a year, my own company wants £450!!!

Trust me guys, if you live anywhere near Hull, you get hit with the sh**ty stick!! Count yourselves extremely lucky

Reactions: Joetidman and JT-007
28, 7 yrs NCB, 3 windscreen claims and 3 points for the Mrs. £430 all in with all the bells and whistles. Only £150 excess.

Wiltshire location.

Area where you live plays a huge difference in quotes. My insurance has maxed at 9 yrs NCD. I thought that was the industry standard but clearly there is still a variance as mention is made on here of 12 yrs NCD. Surely there should be an industry standard?
At an old 46 - my insurance is £169 but I did pay more to make sure I could have any repairs done by Audi as quite a few insurers didn't allow this.

Getting quoted £353 for 10k miles. I'm 27 with no NCB (not through any claims just conveniently a named driver on another policy since I passed my test 10 years ago)

Area where you live plays a huge difference in quotes. My insurance has maxed at 9 yrs NCD. I thought that was the industry standard but clearly there is still a variance as mention is made on here of 12 yrs NCD. Surely there should be an industry standard?
At an old 46 - my insurance is £169 but I did pay more to make sure I could have any repairs done by Audi as quite a few insurers didn't allow this.

Does Audis free Esurance not cover you for them to do the repairs, seems odd that you'd have to pay extra for that.

Well - it looks like I'm looking in for a refund when I swap over from the missus SMax (X Sport variety) to the S3 - the SMax is just over£600 PA to insure !!

I'm 38 with full NCB - the missus is 34 with full NCB - the policy is her's and I'm a named driver - both clean licences.

My previous S3 back in 2009 was around £450+ to insure too - so these new ones must be way down on the 'risk' profiling as some of those costs are really cheap. :)

I requested a quote out of interest, it's coming out at £2,070/yr with £100 excess + a fitted black box... £2,278 with no box - I am 21 years old.

Definitely not worth it unless you have abundances of money IMO.