big brake kit and ACC ?

snowfree52

Reaction score
I am thinking about changing my brakes for bigger brakes, probably from the TTRS

This week end I was thinking about the ACC, How do you think it would cope with that ?

If it applies the same force on the brakes as before the upgrade, it may brake too hard ?
I am about to buy the brakes but this is bothering me

:readit:

The car may end up using less or more pedal travel (depending of piston quantity and size compared to stock) but I expect the ACC feedback loop is so quick that it would not make a difference to how the system performs.

It would have to or it wouldn't work properly with different brake pads or when the brakes are damp or greasy for some reason.

It will be speed related and work with the speed sensors on the hubs and not the brake force applied. It has to be linked in this way as what if you were travelling down hill - more brake pressure would need to be applied to slow the vehicle and reduce the closing speed between vehicles etc. similar to travelling up hill - less force. Quite a curde way of looking at it - but the principles are the same.

Bit of a risk, but you can always swap back if it doesn't work I suppose and sell the brakes on.