• 1 Post By 97catalunya
  • 2 Post By snowfree52

Thread: Text Messages

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow oufc1976 On Twitter

Text Messages

Quick one. When you have your phone hooked up via Bluetooth is there any way to send/respond to text messages via the MMI?
    8V A3 Saloon 2.0 TDi S-Line. Daytona Grey. SD Sat Nav. Privacy Glass.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Yes, as long as your phone supports the appropriate bluetooth profiles
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    I should clarify - you can respond with one of a set of pre-defined templates (which you can alter). If you aren't moving you can write your own though. If you have connect, you can dictate messages on the move.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by cemerson:2092069
    Yes, as long as your phone supports the appropriate bluetooth profiles
    Thanks. Assuming phones such as HTC One, iPhone 4/5 and Galaxy S3 will have the necessary profiles?

6th Gear

Status
    Android phones: yes. iPhones: Only the latest 1 or 2 I think, not sure here.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Ok cheers for the responses mate

Neutral

Status
    Could we please get somebody with iPhone 5S to confirm that this works ?
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

1st Gear

Status
    I'd love to but damn Audi haven't built my car yet...
    Arrived: MY14 S3 Sportback (Ordered 4th Jan, build week 12 (was 13), collected 23rd April), Manual, Monsoon Grey, Black Alcantara, LED Headlights, Interior Light Pack, Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ACC, Parking System Plus, Tech Pack, Electronic Folding & Heated Mirrors, Through Load

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cbotved View Post
    Could we please get somebody with iPhone 5S to confirm that this works ?
    I have an iPhone 5 and this will show you text messages and emails received while the phone is connected, it will also read them to you but you can't reply

I had the activate this in the bluetooth profile of the phone to make it work, I think it was "allow notifications" or something like that?
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Reverse Gear

Status
    It is fair to assume that the reading/show of SMS message is only possible with the MMI+ and the right phone with a bluetooth profile that supports that feature. And therefore reading/show SMS on the SD based MMI is not possible no matter what phone you have?

Full LED baby !

Status
    yes, only with the big screen no matter the phone
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

6th Gear

Status
    I didn't think it was anything to do with whether you have tech pack or not

5th Gear

Status
    Text message support hasn't worked on my HTC One X, iPhone 5 or nexus 5 with tech pack.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Full LED baby !

Status
    did you follow my tutorial for iphone 5 ?
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Porsche BBK...

6th Gear

Status
    Works on my Note II, not tried any other phones. Tech pack + Connect.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfree52 View Post
    did you follow my tutorial for iphone 5 ?
    Can't say I have as it's the wife's phone and I haven't tried very hard! Where is the tutorial? Interested in giving it a go.
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Text message support hasn't worked on my HTC One X, iPhone 5 or nexus 5 with tech pack.
    Mine didn't on my iPhone 5 until I turned on "show notifications"

On your iPhone go to settings, then bluetooth, click on the i logo next to Audi pairing and turn on "show notifications"
    Then in the bluetooth settings in the car pair your phone for messages.

Hope this works for you
    mjcourtney likes this.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

5th Gear

Status
    Aha, thanks. I will give that a go! Haven't seen any such option in my one x or nexus 5 sadly.

Full LED baby !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Can't say I have as it's the wife's phone and I haven't tried very hard! Where is the tutorial? Interested in giving it a go.

posted it here : Phone accessibility with tech pack high and audi connect

Edit : catalunya was quicker
    mjcourtney and 97catalunya like this.
    Porsche BBK...