Android vs iPhone

cbotved

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I have had a lot of iPhones over the years, great design etc....

But my company has just changed policy, and are now only buying Androids (Galaxy S4).

So my question is, if there is somewhere a matrix of what is possible to do in the A3 with the phone, if you have iPhone or Android?

Or are there any difference at all?

Reactions: icebun
I don't think there is much difference to be honest.

If you have audi connect on an early model a3 8v (pre 4g/lte) then you can use RSAP via a galaxy s4 which you can't on the iPhone but apart from that I think it's the same functionality.

Good question, not sure. I know the reading aloud is audi (not the phone) but not sure about dictation.

What about dictation, is that connected to any tech packs, Audi connect or something different?

Dictation comes with Connect, and uses the data connection to send your recording to a service that does the transcription

To answer the question though: Generally you'll probably find that the androids support more of the standards needed for the different functions than the iPhones. I've seen people mention that the messages function doesn't work with their iPhone for example.

To answer the question though: Generally you'll probably find that the androids support more of the standards needed for the different functions than the iPhones. I've seen people mention that the messages function doesn't work with their iPhone for example.

Androids FTW

Hi,

I have had a lot of iPhones over the years, great design etc....

But my company has just changed policy, and are now only buying Androids (Galaxy S4).

So my question is, if there is somewhere a matrix of what is possible to do in the A3 with the phone, if you have iPhone or Android?

Or are there any difference at all?

you can root an android phone, apply your own skins, etc - good luck doing that with an iphone without bricking it.
maps work on android
connection to non apple products works
no stupidly expensive cables/accessories - eg welcome to world of cheap genuine chargers (£3)
on samsungs eg s4 you can change the battery if running out of charge - very very handy
Better connection / compatibility with 4g network
etc
etc

I used to have an Iphone and wouldn't go back

Reactions: h5djr and cuke2u
Well I've had Samsung, HTC, Huawei and various other androids as well as old Bilberries. When contracting for different organisations they tend to throw me a company 'phone so I have indeed tried a few.

I agree Apple are a bit of a restrictive company with apps and cables etc and expensive but IMHO there products are superb and a good match for an Audi. Currently running IPhone 5 .

Reactions: CraigI