mp3tag/itunes/sdcard

smk82

Reaction score
I know that this topic has been probably done to death, but I'm having a few issues with it, so thought I'd ask for advice. Up till recently I've been happy using my ipod for music (non techpack MMI), but decided to switch to SD card so i could add the artwork + then be able to charge my phone at the same time.Anyway, downloaded Mp3tag and set to work sorting out/correcting all my itunes files for correct size artwork etc. Except.. some files won't import into Mp3tag at all (even though I can see them in windows). Is this because they are protected .aac files in itunes? If so how do I remove the itunes protection? I have looked at this on the net, and it said you can burn them to disk, then reload them and that removes the protection.. Ok fine, so attempted to burn them (via a third party program (Nero)) as I don't have a MAC pc (thus no burner built into itunes that it will recognise), and it won't transfer them. Refuses to transfer, just says "unable to transfer.... song..."Ideas/advice please? PS Once you've sorted out your music, how do you get itunes to keep it in that format (rather than forcing it into a folder structure which it likes)

If you burn them to disc (as an audio CD, which I assume is what it meant) then re-rip them to mp3, you'll lose quality

Solution (in my view): Don't use iTunes. It messes with your library in ways you don't want it to in my experience, and takes a lot of control away from you about how you want to manage your music.

Trouble is I use itunes to buy music online, so I do use it..:(. The burning to disc option as I mentioned doesn't seem to be possible.

Steve, I started a reply but then reread your post at it seems more of an Mp3tag question than an Audi MMI question so can't help much on that part.

If you have ITunes Match then you can backup to the cloud and should be able to redownload a DRM free version (assuming the protected AAC file was purchased on ITunes). Must confess I don't use it but then I don't have the problem you describe.

Alternatively, move the AAC file to recycle bin and select -redownload purchases?

John.

Johnny.. now that's an idea! I'll look into doing this. This might get around the method as itunes is now DRM free..