Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

mp3tag/itunes/sdcard

I know that this topic has been probably done to death, but I'm having a few issues with it, so thought I'd ask for advice. Up till recently I've been happy using my ipod for music (non techpack MMI), but decided to switch to SD card so i could add the artwork + then be able to charge my phone at the same time.Anyway, downloaded Mp3tag and set to work sorting out/correcting all my itunes files for correct size artwork etc. Except.. some files won't import into Mp3tag at all (even though I can see them in windows). Is this because they are protected .aac files in itunes? If so how do I remove the itunes protection? I have looked at this on the net, and it said you can burn them to disk, then reload them and that removes the protection.. Ok fine, so attempted to burn them (via a third party program (Nero)) as I don't have a MAC pc (thus no burner built into itunes that it will recognise), and it won't transfer them. Refuses to transfer, just says "unable to transfer.... song..."Ideas/advice please? PS Once you've sorted out your music, how do you get itunes to keep it in that format (rather than forcing it into a folder structure which it likes)
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    If you burn them to disc (as an audio CD, which I assume is what it meant) then re-rip them to mp3, you'll lose quality
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    Solution (in my view): Don't use iTunes. It messes with your library in ways you don't want it to in my experience, and takes a lot of control away from you about how you want to manage your music.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Trouble is I use itunes to buy music online, so I do use it... The burning to disc option as I mentioned doesn't seem to be possible.
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

2nd Gear

Status
    Steve, I started a reply but then reread your post at it seems more of an Mp3tag question than an Audi MMI question so can't help much on that part.

If you have ITunes Match then you can backup to the cloud and should be able to redownload a DRM free version (assuming the protected AAC file was purchased on ITunes). Must confess I don't use it but then I don't have the problem you describe.

Alternatively, move the AAC file to recycle bin and select -redownload purchases?

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

1st Gear

Status
    Johnny.. now that's an idea! I'll look into doing this. This might get around the method as itunes is now DRM free..