Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Itguy

Thread: Bluetooth + Phone

Neutral

Status

Bluetooth + Phone

How does the Bluetooth work on the new A3, phone wise

I have a IPhone 4S

I understand it links with the car via Bluetooth but does the car have a microphone somewhere or do you just shout at the phone in its holder lol

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I can't comment on the Audi yet as I'm patiently waiting until the 1st March :D

But in my current car it works like one big handsfree kit. The speakers play the sound and you talk normally, a microphone by the interior lights picks up everything you say

6th Gear

Status
    It has a microphone up near the reading lights in the front
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    I have a 4S too - works flawlessly

There's a directional microphone in the overhead console and the quality is pretty good from what I've been told by people I've spoken to from the car. Incoming sound uses the car's speakers obviously.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

5th Gear

Status
    Had a real chuckle about this - not because of the valid question but the thought that went through my mind about shouting at the telephone...

Trigger Happy TV anyone? HELLO???

Phil-1 likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Does no one here own anything that isn't Apple?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bobinder View Post
    Does no one here own anything that isn't Apple?
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow rookuk On Twitter
    We have 2 Samsung phones paired to the car, however it only pairs to one of them, the phone that was last paired takes priority. So if I last used the car my phone would be paired. If my wife and I went to the car my phone would be paired still, but if just my wife went to the car hers would pair and would take priority if we both went to the car together afterwards. This can be easily overriden.
    A3 sportback Sport 1.4 TFSi 140ps CoD Manual, Adaptivecruise, Park assist, Comfort pack, deselect suspension, Folding Mirrors, Highbeam assist, Hold assist, Int Light Package, Privacy Glass, SD sat Nav, Towing,17" 15 spoke wheels, Mudflaps

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rookuk View Post
    We have 2 Samsung phones paired to the car, however it only pairs to one of them, the phone that was last paired takes priority. So if I last used the car my phone would be paired. If my wife and I went to the car my phone would be paired still, but if just my wife went to the car hers would pair and would take priority if we both went to the car together afterwards. This can be easily overriden.
    Out of interest, does which key you use affect the priority?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow rookuk On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Out of interest, does which key you use affect the priority?
    It does it automatically. Once you have paired the phones whoever gets to the car first by about 10 seconds whist it registers gets the full bluetooth experiance. To overide it you enter the phone section in the mmi and highlight the phone you wish to use connected to the system. I was impressed when the car developed a fault and the repair man arrived, before getting to the car and whilst opening his computer he told me my phone needed charging. Since then a message to that effect appears.
    A3 sportback Sport 1.4 TFSi 140ps CoD Manual, Adaptivecruise, Park assist, Comfort pack, deselect suspension, Folding Mirrors, Highbeam assist, Hold assist, Int Light Package, Privacy Glass, SD sat Nav, Towing,17" 15 spoke wheels, Mudflaps