AH FabricationsBadger5
Results 1 to 40 of 40
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By madrussa
  • 1 Post By squiretolley
  • 1 Post By h5djr
  • 1 Post By TFSI

Thread: Online A3 Brochure updated: Now valid from February 2014

  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    80

    Online A3 Brochure updated: Now valid from February 2014

    I just noticed they've updated the online brochure:
    http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...ides/a3-s3.pdf

    Time to see whats new / changed etc!
    martyboy likes this.
    Audi A3 SportBack S-Line 1.4 COD, Phantom Black, Comfort Pack, Parking Plus, Transformer Door Mirrors, Technology Pack, Bang & Olufsen

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    RobbieWebs's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    724
    Well Estoril blue is still on it .. Oops lol
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

  4. #3
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    83
    Oct 2013 - "Pedals and footrest in brushed stainless steel"
    Feb 2014 - "Pedals in brushed stainless steel"

  5. #4
    The only other things I can see are that in the October 2013 version on page 22 it just said Height adjustable floor In the February 2014 brochure it now says 'Height adjustable floor - Not available on quattro variants or in conjunction with Audi sound system or B+O sound system. I assume that if you have ASS or B+O the floor is at the higher level as it is in the quattro models.

    Also in the description of the Adaptive cruise control on page 74 the figures have changes from 19-93mph for manual and 0-93mph for s-tronic to 20-100mph for manual and 0-100mph for s-tronic.

    The table for Audi Complete Service and Maintenance on page 78 has just been tidied up but the prices seem the same.

    None of the prices for the cars or options appear to have changed. A few of the photographs have changed.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  6. #5
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    The only other things I can see are that in the October 2013 version on page 22 it just said Height adjustable floor In the February 2014 brochure it now says 'Height adjustable floor - Not available on quattro variants or in conjunction with Audi sound system or B+O sound system. I assume that if you have ASS or B+O the floor is at the higher level as it is in the quattro models.
    Interesting...either something has changed or the new brochure is wrong. I have the B&O and can adjust my boot floor height.
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

  7. #6
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    I expect the new brochure is wrong Tim!

  8. #7
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    353
    I have ordered the Audi Sound System and will be disappointed if can't adjust the boot height as I quite like both height options available.

  9. #8
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,224
    The sound system has no bearing on whether you can adjust the boot floor height. The only thing that matters is whether you have quattro or not. If you do, you can't lower the boot floor.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  10. #9
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Also in the description of the Adaptive cruise control on page 74 the figures have changes from 19-93mph for manual and 0-93mph for s-tronic to 20-100mph for manual and 0-100mph for s-tronic.
    My ACC works down to about 10mph if you have the clutch in - as in, it continues to brake for you below 20mph with the clutch in.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    The sound system has no bearing on whether you can adjust the boot floor height. The only thing that matters is whether you have quattro or not. If you do, you can't lower the boot floor.
    Seems strange that Audi have changed the brochure. They could have just said you cannot change the height with a quattro model. Why add ASS and B+O. Perhaps I will drop them an email and ask.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  12. #11
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353

    Wink

    ?

  13. #12
    RossR's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    My ACC works down to about 10mph if you have the clutch in - as in, it continues to brake for you below 20mph with the clutch in.

    So long as you're in second gear or above and there are enough revs it will work below 20mph. However you can't set it to a speed below 20mph. Hope that makes sense?

  14. #13
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Will Audi expand the A3 range for the new model year? Maybe a saloon with 184ps? Or SE spec for the saloon? Or 184ps FWD with S-tronic?

  15. #14
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    So long as you're in second gear or above and there are enough revs it will work below 20mph. However you can't set it to a speed below 20mph. Hope that makes sense?
    Yes, I've discovered the same. Was just pointing out that if you hold the clutch in you can get it to work still, even if the revs wouldn't normally be there at that speed.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  16. #15
    RossR's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Yes, I've discovered the same. Was just pointing out that if you hold the clutch in you can get it to work still, even if the revs wouldn't normally be there at that speed.
    I've not tested this, but I assume if you hold the clutch in for a long time, the ACC disengages?

  17. #16
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    Will Audi expand the A3 range for the new model year? Maybe a saloon with 184ps? Or SE spec for the saloon? Or 184ps FWD with S-tronic?
    A3 Saloon 184ps s-tronic would be on my short list for my next car.
    Daz Auto likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

  18. #17
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    A 184 quattro manual would be good, although I'm told is unlikely to happen.. (hence our S3 order)

  19. #18
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    127
    Page 22 Center picture shows the SE spec manual aircon with the oblong aluminium trim around controls.Has this actually changed as there was no trim in this part ,even with the Aluminium trim accents pack.Can anyone confirm?

  20. #19
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    I've not tested this, but I assume if you hold the clutch in for a long time, the ACC disengages?
    I think so, and it'll disengage at about 10mph anyway saying low speed (rather than the normal low revs message), but I'm not sure I've ever had it say it disengaged because I was holding the clutch in. I know you can't engage/set it with the clutch in though.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  21. #20
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by holly35 View Post
    Page 22 Center picture shows the SE spec manual aircon with the oblong aluminium trim around controls.Has this actually changed as there was no trim in this part ,even with the Aluminium trim accents pack.Can anyone confirm?
    I have a Copy of the Danish brochure from november, back then there was also an alu trim around the ac
    Using Tapatalk

  22. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Seems strange that Audi have changed the brochure. They could have just said you cannot change the height with a quattro model. Why add ASS and B+O. Perhaps I will drop them an email and ask.
    I sent the email to Audi and have just had a phone call from Audi Customer Services saying they have spoken to someone at Audi Sales and the brochure is correct and you no longer get a boot floor than can be lowered if you order an A3 as a quattro or with the Audi Sound System or B+O sound system.

    I still not convinced myself. I can understand it for the quattro but not for the ASS or B+O. Perhaps someone with either could check the situation with the car at the moment. But maybe something has changed! None of the part number for the bass speaker in the boot seem to have changed.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  23. #22
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,224
    That's crazy. They designed that really nice subwoofer that fits perfectly with a lowered floor, then went and changed it? I'm not convinced either. Perhaps you now get all the foam parts surrounding the spare wheel (you do with the towbar option as it has a space for the towbar to live) - I took them out on the first day so I could lower the boot floor and bought a separate velcro bag for the towbar to live in the boot!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  24. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    That's crazy. They designed that really nice subwoofer that fits perfectly with a lowered floor, then went and changed it? I'm not convinced either. Perhaps you now get all the foam parts surrounding the spare wheel (you do with the towbar option as it has a space for the towbar to live) - I took them out on the first day so I could lower the boot floor and bought a separate velcro bag for the towbar to live in the boot!
    It will be interesting to see what's there on all the 1st March cars. It's too early for it to be a MY2015 change.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  25. #24
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,224
    Might be too late for March deliveries - could well be MY2015 by the time cars ordered in Feb (brochure date) get built, or just before perhaps. I would still tend to think it's a load of rubbish though given that I have the ASS and can still lower the boot floor without a problem.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  26. #25
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    48
    Hmm I hope not as Im not sure Id have oped the ASS if that was the case as the boots already a lot smaller than our previous civic

  27. #26
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,224
    Lowering the floor really does make it look a lot bigger - even though it only lowers by 10cm or so, really makes all the difference. I wouldn't worry too much, it would make zero sense to make a change like that. Last I heard was that the spacesaver wasn't standard any more, but it was thrown in for free if you ordered the towbar or either of the upgraded sound systems.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  28. #27
    I've just had a look at the German A3 Price List and it has the following note under the item for Height adjustable boot floor:

    Loading floor, 2-stage adjustable
    Note: Not quattro drive and trailer hitch in conjunction with
    Bang & Olufsen sound system and Audi sound system.


    Even that is not clear. Not quattro drive is fine. From what 'camerson' has said you get the foam parts to hold the towing hitch which you can take out if you want to but it also say "in conjunction with Bang & Olufsen sound system and Audi sound system"

    Does that mean with towing hitch and B+O and ASS or just B+O and ASS without the towing hitch. Perhaps someone at Audi UK has just translated it without really knowing. No mention in the UK brochure about the towing hitch. The mystery deepens!!

    My dealer checked when I ordered my 8V a couple of weeks ago and was told it would come with a space saver spare even though I was not ordering the ASS, B+O or a towing hook and this is what it says in the February 2014 P+S Guide as well.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  29. #28
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,224
    The only reason it would say the trailer hitch doesn't let you lower the floor is because of the massive bits of foam they put in to store the towbar. They are loose, you can just take them out and shove them in a cupboard somewhere (I have!)
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  30. #29
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,224
    Either way, I have the towbar + Audi sound system, and my boot floor lowers just fine!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  31. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Either way, I have the towbar + Audi sound system, and my boot floor lowers just fine!
    Agreed, but perhaps something has changed since you had yours. That we don't know yet.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  32. #31
    JohnnyM100's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hampshire/Surrey border
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Lowering the floor really does make it look a lot bigger - even though it only lowers by 10cm or so, really makes all the difference. I wouldn't worry too much, it would make zero sense to make a change like that. Last I heard was that the spacesaver wasn't standard any more, but it was thrown in for free if you ordered the towbar or either of the upgraded sound systems.
    Agree with cemerson here.

    Lowering the floor does make quite a difference.

    I don't know whether design is changing but I have Audi Sound System and can use the floor in either upper or lower position. FWIW mine lives in lower boot position.

    John.
    Enjoying my 8V

  33. #32
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cheshire/N Staffs
    Posts
    1,303
    Have they stopped supplying the space saver wheel?

    Are they supplying a full size spare - in which case the floor won't lower?

    Are they supplying a tyre inflation kit with new foam inserts - in which case the floor won't lower?


    In countries without space saver spare or full size spare, does the subwoofer (with ASS or B&O) just screw down in the centre without the wheel?

    S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG



  34. #33
    RossR's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    490
    I recently took my wife and 1 year old daughter on holiday for a week in the A3. You can imagine how much stuff we took. Was a tight fit with the boot floor lowered. Would have been impossible without.

    It sounds to me as if you'll still be able to lower the floor with B&O or ASS so long as you don't also have the trailer hitch. Even then you'll probably still be able to do as cemerson has and remove all of the trailer hitch packing.

  35. #34
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,557
    Guys obsessed with less than an inch
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  36. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    Have they stopped supplying the space saver wheel?

    Are they supplying a full size spare - in which case the floor won't lower?

    Are they supplying a tyre inflation kit with new foam inserts - in which case the floor won't lower?


    In countries without space saver spare or full size spare, does the subwoofer (with ASS or B&O) just screw down in the centre without the wheel?
    When I ordered by new 8V on 10 March, my dealer checked with Audi who told him my car, which is a quattro, would come with a space-saver spare.

    Perhaps Audi UK are trying to boost the sale of Roof boxes
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  37. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Guys obsessed with less than an inch
    Actually 100mm I assume - the difference between the two boot floor heights on a Sportback.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  38. #37
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cheshire/N Staffs
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    When I ordered by new 8V on 10 March.....
    Dave, I'm sure you know this, and it might just be a senior moment, but it's still February

    S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG



  39. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    Dave, I'm sure you know this, and it might just be a senior moment, but it's still February
    It's no good I will just have to buy a new calendar

    Perhaps I'm just trying to shorten the delivery time!!! Not sure it will work though...
    Pulp84 likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  40. #39
    TFSI's Avatar
    Born to Fish

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Cheshire
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    The sound system has no bearing on whether you can adjust the boot floor height. The only thing that matters is whether you have quattro or not. If you do, you can't lower the boot floor.
    Isnt there a sub woofer on top of the emergency spare !!!!!!??????
    RossR likes this.
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

  41. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    Isnt there a sub woofer on top of the emergency spare !!!!!!??????
    The sub-woofer actually sits inside the space-saver spare rather than on the top.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Aero Wipers from VAG parts - Now where from? (pics)
    By s3mad_dude in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 24th September 2013, 14:52
  2. First Gately, now 'H' from Steps......
    By Ads in forum Jokes, Games & Humour
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4th March 2012, 17:07
  3. Bluetooth update...now working
    By welshwoody in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14th June 2011, 09:43
  4. The New A3 (MY11) E-Brochure available now!
    By Diamond in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11th July 2010, 21:53
  5. Software update for DSG from Superchips
    By PTTM in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12th June 2009, 05:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO