Online A3 Brochure updated: Now valid from February 2014

Oct 2013 - "Pedals and footrest in brushed stainless steel"
Feb 2014 - "Pedals in brushed stainless steel"

The only other things I can see are that in the October 2013 version on page 22 it just said Height adjustable floor In the February 2014 brochure it now says 'Height adjustable floor - Not available on quattro variants or in conjunction with Audi sound system or B+O sound system. I assume that if you have *** or B+O the floor is at the higher level as it is in the quattro models.

Also in the description of the Adaptive cruise control on page 74 the figures have changes from 19-93mph for manual and 0-93mph for s-tronic to 20-100mph for manual and 0-100mph for s-tronic.

The table for Audi Complete Service and Maintenance on page 78 has just been tidied up but the prices seem the same.

None of the prices for the cars or options appear to have changed. A few of the photographs have changed.

The only other things I can see are that in the October 2013 version on page 22 it just said Height adjustable floor In the February 2014 brochure it now says 'Height adjustable floor - Not available on quattro variants or in conjunction with Audi sound system or B+O sound system. I assume that if you have *** or B+O the floor is at the higher level as it is in the quattro models.

Interesting...either something has changed or the new brochure is wrong. I have the B&O and can adjust my boot floor height.

I have ordered the Audi Sound System and will be disappointed if can't adjust the boot height as I quite like both height options available.

The sound system has no bearing on whether you can adjust the boot floor height. The only thing that matters is whether you have quattro or not. If you do, you can't lower the boot floor.

Also in the description of the Adaptive cruise control on page 74 the figures have changes from 19-93mph for manual and 0-93mph for s-tronic to 20-100mph for manual and 0-100mph for s-tronic.

My ACC works down to about 10mph if you have the clutch in - as in, it continues to brake for you below 20mph with the clutch in.

The sound system has no bearing on whether you can adjust the boot floor height. The only thing that matters is whether you have quattro or not. If you do, you can't lower the boot floor.

Seems strange that Audi have changed the brochure. They could have just said you cannot change the height with a quattro model. Why add *** and B+O. Perhaps I will drop them an email and ask.

My ACC works down to about 10mph if you have the clutch in - as in, it continues to brake for you below 20mph with the clutch in.

So long as you're in second gear or above and there are enough revs it will work below 20mph. However you can't set it to a speed below 20mph. Hope that makes sense?

Will Audi expand the A3 range for the new model year? Maybe a saloon with 184ps? Or SE spec for the saloon? Or 184ps FWD with S-tronic?

So long as you're in second gear or above and there are enough revs it will work below 20mph. However you can't set it to a speed below 20mph. Hope that makes sense?

Yes, I've discovered the same. Was just pointing out that if you hold the clutch in you can get it to work still, even if the revs wouldn't normally be there at that speed.

Yes, I've discovered the same. Was just pointing out that if you hold the clutch in you can get it to work still, even if the revs wouldn't normally be there at that speed.

I've not tested this, but I assume if you hold the clutch in for a long time, the ACC disengages?

Will Audi expand the A3 range for the new model year? Maybe a saloon with 184ps? Or SE spec for the saloon? Or 184ps FWD with S-tronic?

A3 Saloon 184ps s-tronic would be on my short list for my next car.

Reactions: Daz Auto
A 184 quattro manual would be good, although I'm told is unlikely to happen.. (hence our S3 order)

Page 22 Center picture shows the SE spec manual aircon with the oblong aluminium trim around controls.Has this actually changed as there was no trim in this part ,even with the Aluminium trim accents pack.Can anyone confirm?

I've not tested this, but I assume if you hold the clutch in for a long time, the ACC disengages?

I think so, and it'll disengage at about 10mph anyway saying low speed (rather than the normal low revs message), but I'm not sure I've ever had it say it disengaged because I was holding the clutch in. I know you can't engage/set it with the clutch in though.

Page 22 Center picture shows the SE spec manual aircon with the oblong aluminium trim around controls.Has this actually changed as there was no trim in this part ,even with the Aluminium trim accents pack.Can anyone confirm?

I have a Copy of the Danish brochure from november, back then there was also an alu trim around the ac

Seems strange that Audi have changed the brochure. They could have just said you cannot change the height with a quattro model. Why add *** and B+O. Perhaps I will drop them an email and ask.

I sent the email to Audi and have just had a phone call from Audi Customer Services saying they have spoken to someone at Audi Sales and the brochure is correct and you no longer get a boot floor than can be lowered if you order an A3 as a quattro or with the Audi Sound System or B+O sound system.

I still not convinced myself. I can understand it for the quattro but not for the *** or B+O. Perhaps someone with either could check the situation with the car at the moment. But maybe something has changed! None of the part number for the bass speaker in the boot seem to have changed.

That's crazy. They designed that really nice subwoofer that fits perfectly with a lowered floor, then went and changed it? I'm not convinced either. Perhaps you now get all the foam parts surrounding the spare wheel (you do with the towbar option as it has a space for the towbar to live) - I took them out on the first day so I could lower the boot floor and bought a separate velcro bag for the towbar to live in the boot!

That's crazy. They designed that really nice subwoofer that fits perfectly with a lowered floor, then went and changed it? I'm not convinced either. Perhaps you now get all the foam parts surrounding the spare wheel (you do with the towbar option as it has a space for the towbar to live) - I took them out on the first day so I could lower the boot floor and bought a separate velcro bag for the towbar to live in the boot!

It will be interesting to see what's there on all the 1st March cars. It's too early for it to be a MY2015 change.

Might be too late for March deliveries - could well be MY2015 by the time cars ordered in Feb (brochure date) get built, or just before perhaps. I would still tend to think it's a load of rubbish though given that I have the *** and can still lower the boot floor without a problem.

Hmm I hope not as Im not sure Id have oped the *** if that was the case as the boots already a lot smaller than our previous civic

Lowering the floor really does make it look a lot bigger - even though it only lowers by 10cm or so, really makes all the difference. I wouldn't worry too much, it would make zero sense to make a change like that. Last I heard was that the spacesaver wasn't standard any more, but it was thrown in for free if you ordered the towbar or either of the upgraded sound systems.

I've just had a look at the German A3 Price List and it has the following note under the item for Height adjustable boot floor:

Loading floor, 2-stage adjustable
Note: Not quattro drive and trailer hitch in conjunction with
Bang & Olufsen sound system and Audi sound system.

Even that is not clear. Not quattro drive is fine. From what 'camerson' has said you get the foam parts to hold the towing hitch which you can take out if you want to but it also say "in conjunction with Bang & Olufsen sound system and Audi sound system"

Does that mean with towing hitch and B+O and *** or just B+O and *** without the towing hitch. Perhaps someone at Audi UK has just translated it without really knowing. No mention in the UK brochure about the towing hitch. The mystery deepens!!

My dealer checked when I ordered my 8V a couple of weeks ago and was told it would come with a space saver spare even though I was not ordering the ***, B+O or a towing hook and this is what it says in the February 2014 P+S Guide as well.

The only reason it would say the trailer hitch doesn't let you lower the floor is because of the massive bits of foam they put in to store the towbar. They are loose, you can just take them out and shove them in a cupboard somewhere (I have!)

Either way, I have the towbar + Audi sound system, and my boot floor lowers just fine!

Either way, I have the towbar + Audi sound system, and my boot floor lowers just fine!

Agreed, but perhaps something has changed since you had yours. That we don't know yet.

Lowering the floor really does make it look a lot bigger - even though it only lowers by 10cm or so, really makes all the difference. I wouldn't worry too much, it would make zero sense to make a change like that. Last I heard was that the spacesaver wasn't standard any more, but it was thrown in for free if you ordered the towbar or either of the upgraded sound systems.

Agree with cemerson here.

Lowering the floor does make quite a difference.

I don't know whether design is changing but I have Audi Sound System and can use the floor in either upper or lower position. FWIW mine lives in lower boot position.

John.

Have they stopped supplying the space saver wheel?

Are they supplying a full size spare - in which case the floor won't lower?

Are they supplying a tyre inflation kit with new foam inserts - in which case the floor won't lower?

In countries without space saver spare or full size spare, does the subwoofer (with *** or B&O) just screw down in the centre without the wheel? ;)

I recently took my wife and 1 year old daughter on holiday for a week in the A3. You can imagine how much stuff we took. Was a tight fit with the boot floor lowered. Would have been impossible without.

It sounds to me as if you'll still be able to lower the floor with B&O or *** so long as you don't also have the trailer hitch. Even then you'll probably still be able to do as cemerson has and remove all of the trailer hitch packing.

Have they stopped supplying the space saver wheel?

Are they supplying a full size spare - in which case the floor won't lower?

Are they supplying a tyre inflation kit with new foam inserts - in which case the floor won't lower?

In countries without space saver spare or full size spare, does the subwoofer (with *** or B&O) just screw down in the centre without the wheel? ;)

When I ordered by new 8V on 10 March, my dealer checked with Audi who told him my car, which is a quattro, would come with a space-saver spare.

Perhaps Audi UK are trying to boost the sale of Roof boxes :)

Dave, I'm sure you know this, and it might just be a senior moment, but it's still February :p

It's no good I will just have to buy a new calendar :)

Perhaps I'm just trying to shorten the delivery time!!! Not sure it will work though...

Reactions: Pulp84

Isnt there a sub woofer on top of the emergency spare !!!!!!??????

Reactions: RossR
Isnt there a sub woofer on top of the emergency spare !!!!!!??????

The sub-woofer actually sits inside the space-saver spare rather than on the top.