Glacier White. Chavvy/Tacky Or not

Hyosung

Reaction score
Recently I've been talking to people about car colours and when I tell people I've ordered a white A3 they all seem to scoff and say how its a Fad, and how white cars are chavy what is the general opinion on white cars here?

Note: It is mostly older people that say they're chavy, so I'd be interested in peoples thoughts on this forum and their age :). I'm only 20 and I think they look great.

Maybe jealousy? More to the point, who cares what other people think, if you like the colour then thats what counts.

Reactions: steeve, lloydie1994, BGS and 1 other person
They do look great when they are clean and on an expensive car, not on a dirty white Nissan micra. Having said that I do think it's a fashion thing and will be less cool in a few years.

Easier to keep clean than black cars, also I think on the A3 that white really shows off and contrasts the black details in the front grill. Be prepared to get 1000 different answers to your question, as effectively you've just asked "what's your favourite colour".... everyone will have their opinion!

Personally I don't think white looks tacky or chavvy on any Audi.

Reactions: First Ever Audi and Scotty2011
White cars are very nice! Don't let peoples s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ opinions deter you from YOUR choice. If you like white go for white! :)

Also if you get fed up of the colour you can always have it vinyl wrapped! (saves the paint work too)

Reactions: Scotty2011
I'm 27 and think it makes my a3 look young but due to fabulousness of the car it doesn't look chavy but not like an old mans car!

I've ordered Arctic White; I think it makes the lights and black grill standout more. It's either white or Grey for me. But as always every choice is a personal opinion and you shouldn't listen to others.

Colour is and always will be a personal choice. You will always get people who love it and hate it. I wouldn't say it was chavvy at all though.

Ive had white cars for around the last 12 years, so long before they came common! but i must admit i think my current car will be the last car i have in white, i still think the colour looks good but its just been done to death now? or maybe im just bored of it!

I wouldnt say its a Chav colour, i think people forget how the word Chav came about and just use it now for whatever.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Ruthus_1
News to me that white is chavy - lots of white cars around where I live and its not chavsville. It does seem to be the new silver which eveyone was ordering a few years back,as like all things fashions do come and go. However, its certainly not a crazy colour so should stand test of time if you look after it. I've gone phantom black but was tempted by the white

I've ordered the glacier white, not chavvy at all IMO

Reactions: Scotty2011
White on the right car can look great . Not my choice. Reckon Silver is more of an old persons colour. My Dad wanted a silver polo but mum wouldn't let him as neighbours had a silver Honda Jazz! Seems a lot of 'coffin dodgers' (police term ) cars are silver. Shane really as that too can look good but is not the best to repair and panel gaps are critical as they show up black.

My current ibiza fr is white and I get some nice comments about it,

Glacier White is certainly not chavvy, no colour really makes a car chavvy, Aftermarket body kits, Sh**ty loud exhaust and, arch scraping alloys and lows are what make cars chavvy. The number of 106's, saxos, clios and fiestas down here that the police and vosa would have a field day on is laughable. I very quickly moved away from that scene, i too am only 20 one of my friends described my new car with white as a panty dropper. lol :lmfao:

I've had 2 white cars. An Ibis 8P A3 and a Candy Golf GTI. Back in 2008/9 when I bought my A3, people were saying the same thing. "It will be less cool in a few years" - here we are 5 years later, and it's still as popular as ever!

My neighbour has a white Corsa VXR - I've only seen it clean once - it did look quite nice, but since then it's always been muddy grey.

If you love washing your car - go for it

Here's my white A3. Don't think it looks chavvy and I'm over 20!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:
Reactions: BGS and Ruthus_1
White's a good colour on a three door I think.
Sportback, good with black pack and dark wheel selection.
Saloon in white will look like a taxi.

Reactions: BGS
I've gone for Amalfi White. I'm only 28 so guess still in that young'un stage of my life where I call it "gangster white". Amalfi has a creamy colour and many people I know have mistaken it for a metallic colour so didn't really see the point in paying for Glacier.

I have a Black Edition A1 at the moment in Amalfi white and it does get a lot of compliments. I also find because its a solid colour it's very easy to repair any stone chips etc.

I think white suits the A3 really well so think its a great choice! It's not a fad either as I remember when the Mk5 GTI came out White was the new black and that was 9 years ago!!

I've just ordered an A3 S Line in Glacier White. I'm 42 and a practising barrister. I'm happy to be chav-tastic! I currently own a phantom black A4 cabriolet and previously had a phantom black A3 quattro. They get too dirty too easily.

PS I've been following the forum for a while but this is my first post and I am glad to support fellow would-be chavs 😉

Reactions: Ruthus_1
Good colour choice redgrouse when clean and sparkly your car will be a head turner! Make sure you play your happy hard core so you live up to the chav name ha ha ha!

Reactions: Redgrouse
Recently I've been talking to people about car colours and when I tell people I've ordered a white A3 they all seem to scoff and say how its a Fad, and how white cars are chavy what is the general opinion on white cars here?

Note: It is mostly older people that say they're chavy, so I'd be interested in peoples thoughts on this forum and their age :). I'm only 20 and I think they look great.

ive seen a white s3 sportback glacier white with pano roof and it looked great, but I wanted a red car

I'm 54 and have just bought a Glacier White S5, White is a classic colour and will never date like some of the more unusual colours.

I don't think white looks chavvy. I do think it's at its best when there is a black sky roof or accents, but still a good colour

It's a new Audi so not chav y in the slightest. It's not a ****ing vauxhall man lol!

Reactions: lloydie1994
Do it ! glacier white is a beautiful colour, it really brings out the sharp lines on the 8v - i am 21 though but its all down to personal preference.

My previous car was dolphin grey and always wish i had a white car so had to get it out of my system and its safe to say i would probly have another white car next.
DSC 0123

Glacier White A3 Saloon checking in ................ also 28 and wouldnt consider myself a chav!

Reactions: grantDUBshaw
I'm retired and elderly but I have a Glacier white A3. It looks stunning.
I always think that white is an easy colour to keep. The odd stone chip is unavoidable and with darker cars you get that little white spot on each (should you be daft enough to use polish). Where as with a white car they are so easy to touch up and are almost invisible. White looks clean and fresh.

But once again its a choice thing, you're choice. White cars are very popular (some would say common) but I had my first white car in 1981 so it's hardly a new thing.

White is great when you come up behind somebody in the outside lane they always move over

White does look super cool, especially with privacy glass. That said, it's not for me. I ordered Daytona Grey, prefer grey or black on a car, just a personal preference.