iPhone 5S / MMI Dictate Text

would be interested too, I don't think it's possible

it seems only android can do it !

Nope, not possible. iPhone 5 connects to the Audi using a basic handsfree bluetooth profile which includes A2DP for streaming music.

I thought the later iPhones supported the Message Access Protocol? Obviously not :/

Bit of a thread revival.

Doesn't seem like this is possible with the iPhone 6S either (iOS 10.3.1) and connecting to a FL S3.

Unless someone knows different.

I normally use Siri via CarPlay, but just thought I'd try the built in MMI system. Found it doesn't work. It will read them, but can't dictate.

Last edited:
If you have a 6S or 7 then you dont need the MMI to read out the messages! Just say "hey siri" and say "read my messages" Siri works via the bluetooth connection thus over the speaker. If you have a 6 then you need to press down the home button but this is now illegal. I have the lowest possible MMI and becuase of "hey Siri" my MMI can do most of what the more advanced MMI systems can.

The guys above were commenting from 2014 so Hey Siri wasnt available then but if you search thread for this command then lots will come up about it, mostly from me as most people seem unaware bout it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68, AL_B and Reggieboy71