Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cuke2u

Thread: Through-load facility

Neutral

Status

Through-load facility

Was thinking of adding the through-load facility to my saloon order, as it would be nice to have the rear arm rest, however, £150 seems quite expensive for this facility.....so, can anyone who has this option tell me if they think it's worthwhile, and does it affect the 'comfort' of the seat back when carrying three in the back?
    A3 Sport saloon 1.4 COD, Monsoon Grey + several nice options!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Whilst I think it should come as standard for me it's one of better value options on A/S 3. Gives a bit of extra storage space, allows access to boot storage on long journeys and of course allows long items to be carried without lowering rear seats. IMO rear armrest finishes rear seats and makes rear more comfortable on long journeys also.
    Delivered 1 March 2014, Estoril blue S3 Sportback STronic. B&O, Comfort, Aluminium rails, Interior Lights, Through load, lumbar, SD Sat Nav,TPM, Rev Mat.

6th Gear

Status

Through-load facility

Quote Originally Posted by AllanG View Post
    Was thinking of adding the through-load facility to my saloon order, as it would be nice to have the rear arm rest, however, £150 seems quite expensive for this facility.....so, can anyone who has this option tell me if they think it's worthwhile, and does it affect the 'comfort' of the seat back when carrying three in the back?
    Had it on wife's last 2 8p Audis . Not bothering this time as rarely have rear passengers or skis on board in the A/S 3
    Last edited by PilotAudi; 9th February 2014 at 07:10.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

2nd Gear

Status
    I have it but not for the armrest (which I have only used once and that was whilst exploring & playing when the car was new).

Agree with previous posts as I ordered it for the flexibility it adds to transporting skis, poles etc without having to put a seat down.

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

5th Gear

Status
    I don't ski neither do I pole dance, thus the load through would be a waste of money for me...
    Scott and CHEZ like this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    I don't ski neither do I pole dance, thus the load through would be a waste of money for me...
    Lol. +1

Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Neither do I but I have found the Through-load useful for carrying long pieces of timber home from B+Q!!

Strangely on my existing 8P Sportback I had to have the Through-load because I wanted electric seat operation. Never did follow that logic. When I was ordering my dealer even phoned Audi UK to check that was correct as he also thought it a bit strange but it was correct. On the 8V you can have electric seat operation without necessarily having to have Through-load as well but as I have found it useful I decided I would have it again.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    I got it for three reasons.

1. I own a sailing dinghy so hoping this will allow me to carry the rolled up sail in the car (assuming it's not too long, it did just about fit in the A5) although this could be achieved by just putting the seat down.

2. Kids! Cup holders hopefully will prevent mess.

3. Kids! It should make for a decent DMZ avoiding fights over back seat territory.

Also provides access to the boot from within the car without having to get one of the kids' car seats out and put a seat down.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for all the comments so far, but as I haven't actually seen an A3 fitted with this facility, would anyone who has this be so kind as to post some photos showing the armrest down and the cup holders.....or PM them to me.

Many thanks!

5th Gear

Status
    I think I've seen some videos on youtube showing it on the saloon...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry Allan, ignore the PM I sent you - figured it was easier to just take the photos regardless while there was some daylight left (so you may have already seen something by now)...

DSC01425.JPG
    DSC01426.JPG
    DSC01427.JPG
    DSC01428.JPG
    DSC01429.JPG
    DSC01430.JPG

Neutral

Status
    Many thanks, Matthew....great photos....and I have replied to your PM.