Monster MotorsportBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PilotAudi

Thread: Audi sound system build week change

Neutral

Status

Audi sound system build week change

After reading all these posts it's costing me a fortune adding more spec. Thanks guys!!

I'm chomping at the bit already for my new car which is currently build week 12 (17th March).

I haven't specced up the sound system yet and reading all this it looks like I'm going to. I only listen to music driving to and from work. Occasionally it is a bit loud but not always.

Should I upgrade? And if I do is it likely to make an impact on build date?

Thanks in advance as all input is appreciated :-)

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Yes you should - the difference is huge between the bog standard system and ASS.

If you're on build week 12 then it shouldn't push it back, usually gets locked down 3 or 4 weeks before.

I changed my order 5 times and the final time was right on the last possible day! (Change to panther black!)
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    I'm probably gonna do it. Mrs is gonna go mental.

While I'm asking can anyone confirm if the standard mmi setup can play videos on the screen?

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Follow m0sbf On Twitter Add m0sbf on Google+
    I have an IPod cable in my A3 8V and only the music folder and its associated playlists etc are visible on the MMI, I checked tonight. No video folders or movies show up, even though the IPod has videos on it. I have a feeling you need the Tech Pack to get video support. My car is a 13 plate Sport model, so newer cars may be different.
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDI Sport 8V | Monsoon Grey | Comfort Pack | Audi Sound System | Audi Park Assist Plus | Sat Nav | Sports Suspension | 17in S-Arm Alloys

Neutral

Status
    Does anyone have pictures of the sound system upgrade? I'm reading that the speakers have lights on them?

6th Gear

Status
    Only for B&O. The Audi Sound System doesn't have lights, and the only difference you'll really see is the addition of a subwoofer. There's a picture of that somewhere, but can't find it at the moment.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    Cool. Thanks for the info. I've seen that picture. Must've got wires crossed somewhere

Neutral

Status
    That's it ordered now and no build week change :-)

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leydster View Post
    I'm probably gonna do it. Mrs is gonna go mental.

While I'm asking can anyone confirm if the standard mmi setup can play videos on the screen?
    I have standard MMI with Audi Sound System - when I collected my car, the dealer demo'd watching a video via iphone. So it is possible, but I haven't done it myself. He made me watch Maroon 5 and I am too scarred from the event

Neutral

Status
    That's good that it does do it tho. Don't mind maroon 5 so that wouldn't have bothered me :-p what was the quality of the video like on the screen ?

Neutral

Status
    That's good that it does do it tho. Don't mind maroon 5 so that wouldn't have bothered me :-p what was the quality of the video like on the screen ?
    Quality was average at best. Livable with but certainly would warrant the purchase of an iPad or tablet if video watching was something you wanted to do often. Ashame the tech pack is so expensive, but you can't really expect the standard on-board screen to be amazing quality, I think the fact it plays video at all is fairly decent

Neutral

Status
    Yeah I'm just asking cause I'm running out if things to ask about it but I'm too excited about new car to just shut up. I'm happy it does it at all though. Just think its cool but never expected it to be standard anyway

Neutral

Status
    Don't worry I know the feeling! Mine took 7 months to arrive. It's awesome when it does finally arrive though.

Neutral

Status
    7 months?? Jesus H Christ. That's a long time. Hopefully I'll be too busy with march registrations to worry about it. I'm a Toyota salesman and everyone is chinning me for buying audi ha ha

1st Gear

Status
    Mine took 6 months ! I amended my order to add on ASS whichever out my build week from week 47 to week 50. But just before being locked in it went back to week 47 so had no problem with delays ! Hope the same goes with you!
    Previous Car - Audi A3 8P Sportback in lava grey.. 2.0 170 S-Line
    Auto lights & wipers, Leathers, Auto-dim Mirror, Bluetooth, IPod Dock

Current car
    - Audi A3 8V Hatchback in glacier white.. 2.0 150 S-Line
    Privacy glass, Satnav, Audi Sound System, S-Line Suspension
    Ordered 15/6/13 .. Build week 47 .. Picked up 6/12/13

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markjames View Post
    Don't worry I know the feeling! Mine took 7 months to arrive. It's awesome when it does finally arrive though.
    You'll be able to help me. I'm getting a bit confused. I seen on a review someone saying they upgraded to the technology pack to get iPod integration. Doesn't the standard ami come with a cable to connect iPod? :-S

Quote Originally Posted by grantDUBshaw View Post
    Mine took 6 months ! I amended my order to add on ASS whichever out my build week from week 47 to week 50. But just before being locked in it went back to week 47 so had no problem with delays ! Hope the same goes with you!
    When I was at my dealers this morning he looked up the current delivery schedule on the dealers Audi UK website and it was indicating 12 weeks for an A3. How accurate that is is anyone's guess.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    When I was at my dealers this morning he looked up the current delivery schedule on the dealers Audi UK website and it was indicating 12 weeks for an A3. How accurate that is is anyone's guess.
    Sounds about right. I ordered mine last Monday and I'm build week 12(17th march)

6th Gear

Status
    You'll be able to help me. I'm getting a bit confused. I seen on a review someone saying they upgraded to the technology pack to get iPod integration. Doesn't the standard ami come with a cable to connect iPod? :-S
    Yes. I think one difference I've seen is that you can't use shuffle on the non tech pack with an ipod or something - seem to remember something about that being on here a long time ago! Could be wrong though.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Are you finally planning to order an 8v??
    Anarch likes this.