Audi sound system build week change

leydster

Reaction score
After reading all these posts it's costing me a fortune adding more spec. Thanks guys!!

I'm chomping at the bit already for my new car which is currently build week 12 (17th March).

I haven't specced up the sound system yet and reading all this it looks like I'm going to. I only listen to music driving to and from work. Occasionally it is a bit loud but not always.

Should I upgrade? And if I do is it likely to make an impact on build date?

Thanks in advance as all input is appreciated :)

Yes you should - the difference is huge between the bog standard system and ***.

If you're on build week 12 then it shouldn't push it back, usually gets locked down 3 or 4 weeks before.

I changed my order 5 times and the final time was right on the last possible day! (Change to panther black!)

I'm probably gonna do it. Mrs is gonna go mental.

While I'm asking can anyone confirm if the standard mmi setup can play videos on the screen?

I have an IPod cable in my A3 8V and only the music folder and its associated playlists etc are visible on the MMI, I checked tonight. No video folders or movies show up, even though the IPod has videos on it. I have a feeling you need the Tech Pack to get video support. My car is a 13 plate Sport model, so newer cars may be different.

Does anyone have pictures of the sound system upgrade? I'm reading that the speakers have lights on them?

Only for B&O. The Audi Sound System doesn't have lights, and the only difference you'll really see is the addition of a subwoofer. There's a picture of that somewhere, but can't find it at the moment.

I'm probably gonna do it. Mrs is gonna go mental.

While I'm asking can anyone confirm if the standard mmi setup can play videos on the screen?

I have standard MMI with Audi Sound System - when I collected my car, the dealer demo'd watching a video via iphone. So it is possible, but I haven't done it myself. He made me watch Maroon 5 and I am too scarred from the event :thrashi:

That's good that it does do it tho. Don't mind maroon 5 so that wouldn't have bothered me :p what was the quality of the video like on the screen ?

That's good that it does do it tho. Don't mind maroon 5 so that wouldn't have bothered me :p what was the quality of the video like on the screen ?

Quality was average at best. Livable with but certainly would warrant the purchase of an iPad or tablet if video watching was something you wanted to do often. Ashame the tech pack is so expensive, but you can't really expect the standard on-board screen to be amazing quality, I think the fact it plays video at all is fairly decent

Yeah I'm just asking cause I'm running out if things to ask about it but I'm too excited about new car to just shut up. I'm happy it does it at all though. Just think its cool but never expected it to be standard anyway

Don't worry I know the feeling! Mine took 7 months to arrive. It's awesome when it does finally arrive though.

7 months?? Jesus H Christ. That's a long time. Hopefully I'll be too busy with march registrations to worry about it. I'm a Toyota salesman and everyone is chinning me for buying audi ha ha

Mine took 6 months ! I amended my order to add on *** whichever out my build week from week 47 to week 50. But just before being locked in it went back to week 47 so had no problem with delays ! Hope the same goes with you!

Don't worry I know the feeling! Mine took 7 months to arrive. It's awesome when it does finally arrive though.

You'll be able to help me. I'm getting a bit confused. I seen on a review someone saying they upgraded to the technology pack to get iPod integration. Doesn't the standard ami come with a cable to connect iPod? :-S

Mine took 6 months ! I amended my order to add on *** whichever out my build week from week 47 to week 50. But just before being locked in it went back to week 47 so had no problem with delays ! Hope the same goes with you!

When I was at my dealers this morning he looked up the current delivery schedule on the dealers Audi UK website and it was indicating 12 weeks for an A3. How accurate that is is anyone's guess.

When I was at my dealers this morning he looked up the current delivery schedule on the dealers Audi UK website and it was indicating 12 weeks for an A3. How accurate that is is anyone's guess.

Sounds about right. I ordered mine last Monday and I'm build week 12(17th march)

You'll be able to help me. I'm getting a bit confused. I seen on a review someone saying they upgraded to the technology pack to get iPod integration. Doesn't the standard ami come with a cable to connect iPod? :-S

Yes. I think one difference I've seen is that you can't use shuffle on the non tech pack with an ipod or something - seem to remember something about that being on here a long time ago! Could be wrong though.

Are you finally planning to order an 8v??

Reactions: Anarch