AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 62 of 62
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Audi Service Plan - Is it worth it?

  1. #41
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    322
    Just ask the dealer for your service book they should have it, mine is an S3 8P My2012 so a different model, more than likely similar but wouldnt want to give you the wrong info

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    50
    Has anyone managed to negotiate a discount off the Audi Service Plan?
    robo1million likes this.
    On Order: A3 1.4 COD 140 BHP Sportback, S-Line, Manual, Alfami White, Aluminium Roof Rails, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Package, Rear Acoustic Parking System, SD Card Sat Nav, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Hold Assist, Spare Wheel And Breakdown Kit.

  4. #43
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by robo1million View Post
    Right... Got some quotes from Derby Audi today when in looking at my S3 that landed there this morning, they are as follows (All based on 20000 miles p/a variable):
    1) service only plan covering 80,000miles (48 months) - £52.43 per month
    2) service and maintenance plan covering 80,000miles (48 months) - £80.56 per month (not sure what this inc addtl to service?? Anyone?)
    3) service, maintenance and tyres plan covering 80,000miles (48 months) - £104.87 per month

    After getting these quotes (which I think seem expensive) I also spoke to the service team who gave me the following prices for ad hoc servicing:

    1) Oil change service £218.12 (est every 19k miles)
    2) Inspection only service (no oil) £129.60 19k interval
    3) Inspection only service (no oil) £158.40 38k interval
    4) Inspection & Oil change £275.72 19k interval
    5) Inspection & Oil change £304.52 38k interval
    6) Pollen Filter Replacement @ 2yrs/19k £32.59
    7) Spark Plugs Replacement @ 40k £128.50
    8) Air Filter Replacement @ 40k £49.56
    9) STronic Oil Change @ 40k £142.30
    10) Brake Fluid Change @ 3yrs £59
    11) Haldex Oil Change @ 3yrs £80.32

    Using my estimation that I will probably change at 2-3yrs and expect to do close to 20k per year I reckon each option will cost me the following:

    1) Service Plan - £1887.48 + 3 x all tyre changes = £4107.48 (not sure what to include for maintenance)
    2) Service & Maintenance - £2900.16 + 3 x all tyre changes = £5120.16
    3) Service & Maintenance & Tyres - £3775.32 (have I estimated too many tyres???)
    4) Ad hoc - £1413.41 + 3 x all tyre changes = £3663.41 (not sure what to include for maintenance)
    - have included 3 services & oil changes and everything else up to 60k mileage

    Am I missing something here?? What is included in maintenance? I guess bulbs/wipers/brake discs & pads.... Any ideas what else? I reckon I can add another £1500 for all that? Would be interesting to see what they deem as fair tyre wear??

    Therefore;
    1) £5607.48
    2) £5120.16
    3) £3775.32
    4) £5163.41

    Well all in seems to be the best option.... Seems like a lot per month but I think it makes sense??? Might ask if price would change for a 3yr plan???

    Sorry for rambling.... Any thoughts?
    WTF!!?

    Inspection & Oil change £275.72 19k interval

    what sort of oil are they using, gold plated!!

    oil filter £10 I guess and oil £25 - labour 30 mins £60 I guess so whats the other £180 for!!? audi, merc and bmw really are jokers
    S3P8 likes this.
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

  5. #44
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    322
    How else is the schmooze going to be paid for ?

    That free cup of moccachocachino isnt really free after all

  6. #45
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    673
    I remember a merc dealer trying to charge my wife £1400 for a service and mot - I phoned up the dealer and asked why and got the service manager to read out the charges - this was 7 years ago- oil change £160, coolant change £130 - knocked them down to £1100 and reluctantly paid - never went back and they lost a customer

    they said "but the oil is mobil 1" - I said so what its £20 in Costco! filter is about £10 ish (not a lot to them to be honest) and labour he said was 1 hour - I laughed and said maybe I should train his mechanics as I can do a change in 30 mins and im not a trained mechanic!!
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

  7. #46
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    WTF!!?

    Inspection & Oil change £275.72 19k interval

    what sort of oil are they using, gold plated!!

    oil filter £10 I guess and oil £25 - labour 30 mins £60 I guess so whats the other £180 for!!? audi, merc and bmw really are jokers
    More like £50 for fully synthetic oil, labour probably in units of an hour, so at least 1 hour there. Think the major services have a set of spark plugs too, and air / pollen filter changes.
    Oh and add a few quid for screen wash as they always top that up too.
    S3 (8V) S-Tronic Estoril Blue; A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey [sold]

  8. #47
    Pulp84's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    658
    Still undecided on what to do about the service plan for when I get my S3.

    Seems most people are in the 12000 to 20000 miles p.a club where as I'm projecting with my S3 to be doing between 5000 and 6000 miles p.a and might even be less than that. Because of the low mileage Ill go on the fixed inspection regime.

    I have an A1 at the moment and it came with the 5 year service plan for free (worth £250). The car has done 9000 miles in 2 years and had one oil change and that's it. Not sure how much that would have been but I'm sure I would have been out of pocket if I had paid for the plan cash.

    So does anyone have an idea what a 9000 mile oil change would cost? I know I would have another service at 2 years old. Guess I need to work out if it's best to pay £399 or pay monthly which at £34 per month from the brochure seems a lot.
    PilotAudi likes this.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

  9. #48
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Royal Steve... Tyres typically under £125 each. Got 24,000 out of 4 Michelins but other brands less. You start with 4 new tyres so even at a complete tyre change every year that's only £1500..

  10. #49
    lozzermo's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    48
    I only do 8,000 mile pa and will ask for time/distance service (not condition based) and go for complete plan. Rationale is that it should be less than £50 per month and will help budget for the 3 yrs I plan to keep the car.

    I may end up paying more but based on previous experience, for me it's worth it just for peace of mind. 27,000 miles in S4 = 3 services, 1 set of front brakes, 2 sets of tyres, aircon, brake fluid change, mot, two punctures and new wiper blades and I paid out £1800 over the 3 yrs and no nasty bills).
    Build Week 3: S3 Sportback - Estoril Blue, SuperSport Seats, Comfort Pack, Tech Pack High, B&O, Int Light Pack, Adv Key, Ext Mono Pur, Privacy Glass, Rev Camera, TPM, Pano Roof, LED Headlights, Alu Rails, Parking Plus, ACC, Fold/Dim Mirrors & Hold Assist

  11. #50
    StefRobinson's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Matlock, Derbyshire
    Posts
    118

    My Social Networking

    Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    I do around 7000 a year and went for the fixed service each year. I then get 3 services over 3 years. I might not necessarily save a lot of money, but it's good to know that servicing is covered when it comes round, and I don't have to remember to budget for it.
    Audi A3 Sportback 8V 1.6 TDI S-Line S-Tronic. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Electric Heated/Folding Mirrors, Hold Assist, Interior Light Pack, SD Satellite Navigation, DAB Radio, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Autoglym Lifeshine

  12. #51
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Flibble View Post
    More like £50 for fully synthetic oil, labour probably in units of an hour, so at least 1 hour there. Think the major services have a set of spark plugs too, and air / pollen filter changes.
    Oh and add a few quid for screen wash as they always top that up too.
    you should buy your oil elsewhere £50!!! Costco £25, in fact last time I bought some it was on offer at just over £20 for mobil 1 fully synthetic 4.5 litres which is enough. it just said inspection and oil change so don't know why you've included spark plugs. if you mechanic takes 1 hour to do an oil change id sack him - I can do it in 30 mins
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

  13. #52
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    you should buy your oil elsewhere £50!!! Costco £25, in fact last time I bought some it was on offer at just over £20 for mobil 1 fully synthetic 4.5 litres which is enough. it just said inspection and oil change so don't know why you've included spark plugs. if you mechanic takes 1 hour to do an oil change id sack him - I can do it in 30 mins
    £50 was from a quick google search for shell ultra helix which is the type they spec for A3s. A quick check gives similar internet prices for mobil 1. You might be able to get it for half that in costco (though I'm assuming that's ex-vat so probably closer to £30 actually), maybe you should buy up a job lot and start reselling.
    I said spark plugs because Audi do them in what has been described as an inspection and oil service above.
    Also I didn't say to took an hour to do a service, just that they probably charge labour in units of an hour. So any quick job gets charged as an hour's labour regardless of time taken.
    S3 (8V) S-Tronic Estoril Blue; A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey [sold]

  14. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Flibble View Post
    £50 was from a quick google search for shell ultra helix which is the type they spec for A3s. A quick check gives similar internet prices for mobil 1. You might be able to get it for half that in costco (though I'm assuming that's ex-vat so probably closer to £30 actually), maybe you should buy up a job lot and start reselling.
    I said spark plugs because Audi do them in what has been described as an inspection and oil service above.
    Also I didn't say to took an hour to do a service, just that they probably charge labour in units of an hour. So any quick job gets charged as an hour's labour regardless of time taken.
    Amazon are currently selling 4L of Castrol Edge 5w-30 for £37.86 which includes vat.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  15. #54
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Flibble View Post
    £50 was from a quick google search for shell ultra helix which is the type they spec for A3s. A quick check gives similar internet prices for mobil 1. You might be able to get it for half that in costco (though I'm assuming that's ex-vat so probably closer to £30 actually), maybe you should buy up a job lot and start reselling.
    I said spark plugs because Audi do them in what has been described as an inspection and oil service above.
    Also I didn't say to took an hour to do a service, just that they probably charge labour in units of an hour. So any quick job gets charged as an hour's labour regardless of time taken.
    Most dealers charge it minutes, well Peugeot/ford/etc do but I guess the premium con-merchants don't, including sparks in an oil change is odd and again a con and you don't need to change sparks that often - in fact you can run sparks for 10+ years. yep cheapest place for mobil 1 is Costco but not sure what the current prioce is as our Costco in reading is under water

    sounds like you audi drivers have been ripped off and don't know it. I look forward to being ripped off, lol
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

  16. #55
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Royal Steve... Tyres typically under £125 each. Got 24,000 out of 4 Michelins but other brands less. You start with 4 new tyres so even at a complete tyre change every year that's only £1500..
    eh, but that has nothing to do with my comments
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

  17. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    Most dealers charge it minutes, well Peugeot/ford/etc do but I guess the premium con-merchants don't, including sparks in an oil change is odd and again a con and you don't need to change sparks that often - in fact you can run sparks for 10+ years. yep cheapest place for mobil 1 is Costco but not sure what the current prioce is as our Costco in reading is under water

    sounds like you audi drivers have been ripped off and don't know it. I look forward to being ripped off, lol
    All Audi service operations by dealers are timed in minutes. If your that bothered about the price the dealer charges for oil you could always buy 4L od Mobil 1 from Costco in "reading". I assume you mean Reading and take it along and ask them to use it.

    Out of interest many years ago you had to change the spark plugs on a Mk1 Golf GTi every 5,000 miles. How things have changed.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  18. #57
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    All Audi service operations by dealers are timed in minutes. If your that bothered about the price the dealer charges for oil you could always buy 4L od Mobil 1 from Costco in "reading". I assume you mean Reading and take it along and ask them to use it.

    Out of interest many years ago you had to change the spark plugs on a Mk1 Golf GTi every 5,000 miles. How things have changed.
    not true, I had a mk2 golf gti and you didn't need to change them that often. problem is people believe the money making main dealer machine - go to a specialist tuner and theyd laugh if you change sparks that often
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

  19. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    not true, I had a mk2 golf gti and you didn't need to change them that often. problem is people believe the money making main dealer machine - go to a specialist tuner and theyd laugh if you change sparks that often
    I never took it to the dealers for that to be done, I just changed them myself. There was nothing in the service schedule that said they needed changing that often but both my mates with GTi's and myself always found an improvement in performance after changing them. Perhaps new plugs had been developed by the time the Mk2 came out. I had two Mk1s and it was the same with both of them but by the time a had I VR6 they did not need changing so often.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  20. #59
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353

    Audi Service Plan - Is it worth it?

    Well all I can say is 'Nostalgia isn't what it used to be'!
    I think you said plugs HAD to be changed every 5000 miles... They clearly didn't and yes I've been there! 4 speed v reg!

  21. #60
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I never took it to the dealers for that to be done, I just changed them myself. There was nothing in the service schedule that said they needed changing that often but both my mates with GTi's and myself always found an improvement in performance after changing them. Perhaps new plugs had been developed by the time the Mk2 came out. I had two Mk1s and it was the same with both of them but by the time a had I VR6 they did not need changing so often.

    lol backtrack, dig, dig, dig

    seriously though its probably worth changing anyway, I used to spend loads on my golf gti mk2 and pug 205 1.9gti - often changing stuff that was probably still perfect
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

  22. #61
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    387
    In America most folk think oil needs changing every 3000 miles, despite new oils being good for at least 3 times that... Nostalgia is a funny old thing.
    S3 (8V) S-Tronic Estoril Blue; A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey [sold]

  23. #62
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cheshire/N Staffs
    Posts
    1,386
    I notice that the £399 Service Plan is offered on the 3dr and SB, but it isn't in the Saloon Brochure.

    I wonder why VWFS have withdrawn it for the Saloon?

    S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG



 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Audi service plan with mods
    By Jonse in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th June 2013, 18:26
  2. Audi service plan
    By I oOEddOo I in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st August 2012, 20:42
  3. Audi Servicing plan
    By Diamond in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 7th January 2011, 23:54
  4. Audi interest free service plan
    By gkf9 in forum Detailing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th September 2007, 16:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO