As requested: How to use a polisher to remove swirls

Itguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

i promised a little while ago that I would do this video showing the basics of claying, polishing etc.

so here you are! Our golf has a much more shiny bonnet now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Challinor, Toadoftoadhall, Battlekrapz and 10 others
Good video, you're good at the polishing and not too bad at film production!

Great Video Mr Itguy thanks for sharing,tell me one thing, why blue masking tape and not the beige one?

The blue masking tape is some 3M stuff that I bought from cleanyourcar.co.uk and its a bit thicker and doesn't leave any kind of sticky behind. Not sure of the exact differences but it just works a bit better.

Reactions: Oyster
Is this machine easy to use? looks similar to a angle grinder which was my trade mark.

Great for a first Youtube tutorial Will.
Given your obvious expertise, would be interested to know what treatments you have planned for the S3 in March.

Is this machine easy to use? looks similar to a angle grinder which was my trade mark.

That G220 is a dual-action machine, so it differs from an angle grinder which is just orbital.

Having said that, a DA machine is much safer in the hands of a beginner, the chances of burnishing or overheating the lacquer are reduced with a DA, much easier to do damage with an orbital machine.

The pros will always choose an orbital, as they can achieve results quicker (but riskier for the beginner, obviously) - but having said all that the Audi clear coat is one of the hardest in the industry. To contrast, if you owned a brand new Civic - you just wouldn't wash it, the clear coat is that soft it would fall off.

Reactions: Oyster
Not sure what I will need to do with the s3 yet. Obviously I haven't ordered life shine or anything from the dealer so it will need sealing as a minimum. Really depends how it looks when I get it.

I'm tempted to try a ceramic coat but haven't applied one before so would need to gen up first