Brand switch shock!

I was looking at the Q3 for my wife last year and neither of us were blown away by the looks. For almost half the price we picked up a 6 month old top of the range hyundai iX35 which had a specification that would have cost who knows what on an Audi.

nissan is a good car though and I can definitely see where the temptation comes from. You'll find out soon enough if its as satisfying as your Audi!

I would expect the new Qashqai quality to be much better than Hyundai and almost as good as my A4,save for some very minor details.
When detailing the cost options to spec an a3 the same ,i forgot to list the FULL LED headlamps on the Nissan,so add another £2000 to the total,making a staggering £11000! No way is this justifiable, the quality between the two is not that large.
I do drive an A4 ! so feel well placed to compare them both.I am a stickler for build and finish and surprisingly the Qashqai ticks most boxes on this front,its truly a nice place to be.

You can't really compare a car that is first out this year with one that first came out years ago.....

Holly, may I suggest that you stop trying to defend your choice, I feel that as this is an Audi forum if you can persuade every one on here that they should perhaps do the same you should run for PM.

I know you're happy with your decision and it is your money and your choice. But it's up to you, I can see this topic running on and on .............

Take care, Steve

Reactions: cuke2u
I now hope to have got this out of my system,and made my point,good luck and happy motoring to all....:sm4:

I would expect the new Qashqai quality to be much better than Hyundai and almost as good as my A4,save for some very minor details.
When detailing the cost options to spec an a3 the same ,i forgot to list the FULL LED headlamps on the Nissan,so add another £2000 to the total,making a staggering £11000! No way is this justifiable, the quality between the two is not that large.
I do drive an A4 ! so feel well placed to compare them both.I am a stickler for build and finish and surprisingly the Qashqai ticks most boxes on this front,its truly a nice place to be.

It might take that much in extras to meet the spec in terms of options, but the Qashqai Tekna is quite a lot more expensive in the first place, and lower power as well, so I'm not sure it's a fair comparison. I had look at the figures on the Nissan site and Audi site and they don't add up, it's misleading at best.

I agree they are not rivals as such, i didnt suggest they were, just happend to be the cars i considered this time round.
I dont really set any specific needs, if i like it,and it feels right thats all i require.
I have learned not to be so brand blinkered and to consider others makes,worked for me.
Thanks again to all replies,no more input from me on the subject....get back to your Audis!!:sm4: